BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Would Trump actually be offended by that depiction? I don't think so.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 8:16am
Would Trump actually be offended by that depiction? I don't think so.
Good ratings on that Survivor.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Further to my new "Everything's terrible and nothing matters" mantra,

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 10:42am
Further to my new "Everything's terrible and nothing matters" mantra,

I've stared at this for several minutes and it really is, utterly, truly, completely insane. Alzheimer's Reagan was a model of clarity by comparison.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 6:03am
They forgot "a sauceless McRib."
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 9:13am
They forgot "a sauceless McRib."
I liked "the evil Beach Boy" because it writes Mike Love out of the Beach Boys story.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Reassuringly huge crowds out for the President. Probably the biggest I've seen since just before Blair invaded Iraq.

It's also refreshing to watch this dumb fucking arsehole deal with journalists a notch down in the sycophancy stakes than the ones the White House generally let near him. He tries to fill the air with reality show meandering that can be fixed in the edit, but he's being held to a bit of a higher standard.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 1:21pm
It's also refreshing to watch this dumb fucking arsehole deal with journalists a notch down in the sycophancy stakes than the ones the White House generally let near him. He tries to fill the air with reality show meandering that can be fixed in the edit, but he's being held to a bit of a higher standard.
It's been observed many times that parliamentary systems tend to produce more intellectually agile leaders because of the requirement of being grilled by other politicians. They can't just hide out and issue statements. Or at least it used to be that way. Canadian PM's have scaled back their appearances in parliament in the last twenty years, becoming more presidential and insular.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 1:34pm
Silent Majority wrote:
It's been observed many times that parliamentary systems tend to produce more intellectually agile leaders because of the requirement of being grilled by other politicians. They can't just hide out and issue statements. Or at least it used to be that way. Canadian PM's have scaled back their appearances in parliament in the last twenty years, becoming more presidential and insular.
Yeah, it's rare that a Prime Minister lacks a certain college articulacy.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 1:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Which has been the smug observation in Canada in my adult life—that there hasn't been a single Republican president (Reagan onward) who had the intellectual deftness and rhetorical skill to survive Question Period regularly. Clinton and Obama, to be fair, had those qualities, but the Republicans haven't had a guy with those skills since Nixon, and before him TR.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 1:43pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Which has been the smug observation in Canada in my adult life—that there hasn't been a single Republican president (Reagan onward) who had the intellectual deftness and rhetorical skill to survive Question Period regularly. Clinton and Obama, to be fair, had those qualities, but the Republicans haven't had a guy with those skills since Nixon, and before him TR.
"The Chinee, you say? Cocktails all round!" - FDR.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 1:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 1:43pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
"The Chinee, you say? Cocktails all round!" - FDR.
I remember reading a bit about how FDR dealt with politicians. He'd listen politely and at the end grin at them and say, "Grand!" And, of course, usually ignore their advice/wants as they got shuffled out the door. It was only by comparing notes that people in Washington figured out he said the same damn thing to everyone, regardless of what they argued.