Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My dream last night was about developing and promoting a tv series called The Morgue, about a former newspaper editor turned journalism professor who has his students comb thru his collection of unsolved mysteries and then, in 48 minutes each week, un-unsolve them. Now, the weird part is that I was being followed by a fighter jet, circling overhead, occasionally almost landing in my backyard before screeching off again.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 7:03am
My dream last night was about developing and promoting a tv series called The Morgue, about a former newspaper editor turned journalism professor who has his students comb thru his collection of unsolved mysteries and then, in 48 minutes each week, un-unsolve them. Now, the weird part is that I was being followed by a fighter jet, circling overhead, occasionally almost landing in my backyard before screeching off again.
I can imagine watching that show on USA at 2am.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 8:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Only someone with the gravitas of Ernest Borgnine could have handled the lead role.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 9:05am
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Only someone with the gravitas of Ernest Borgnine could have handled the lead role.
Oh, if Borgnine’s in it, I’m watching it in an afternoon block with Rockford, Columbo, and Quincy.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 1:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Oh, if Borgnine’s in it, I’m watching it in an afternoon block with Rockford, Columbo, and Quincy.
I'm gonna be the Canadian Quinn Martin!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 2:06pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
How many acts will each episode be? And when can we get a script to the execs at CTV?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 8:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 2:06pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:

How many acts will each episode be? And when can we get a script to the execs at CTV?
I'm, uh, the idea man. I think unpaid interns handle all that other stuff.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not a dream, really, but last night I was semi-awake—going thru a sleep cycle, I guess—and I heard a loud motorcycle racing down the street. I identified what it was, but in my head I saw a man with a mouth full of long, sharp fangs, and from his mouth came that motorcycle roar. And I could feel the jolt of adrenaline go to my heart. I was perfectly calm, but my heart just started racing for a couple minutes. Such an odd feeling of being rationally aware and in control, yet part of me was freaking out.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 6:15am
Not a dream, really, but last night I was semi-awake—going thru a sleep cycle, I guess—and I heard a loud motorcycle racing down the street. I identified what it was, but in my head I saw a man with a mouth full of long, sharp fangs, and from his mouth came that motorcycle roar. And I could feel the jolt of adrenaline go to my heart. I was perfectly calm, but my heart just started racing for a couple minutes. Such an odd feeling of being rationally aware and in control, yet part of me was freaking out.
NEVER SLEEP
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
NEVER SLEEP
But I love sleeping. I swear, the older I get, the more I look forward to being unconscious.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:10pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
NEVER SLEEP
But I love sleeping. I swear, the older I get, the more I look forward to being unconscious.
I do only because of the weird paralysis dreams that I get when I sleep on my back where i can control this very strange rollercoaster/car-spinning-out sensation that pumps me with nocturnal adrenaline.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
NEVER SLEEP
I do only because of the weird paralysis dreams that I get when I sleep on my back where i can control this very strange rollercoaster/car-spinning-out sensation that pumps me with nocturnal adrenaline.
Isn't the simpler explanation that you're being tormented by a succubus?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:44pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
NEVER SLEEP
That would only be true if these were all wet dreams.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 5:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 4:44pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

NEVER SLEEP
That would only be true if these were all wet dreams.
That's part of the torment …

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

3 dreams exist that I always have, they are losing my teeth (I don't know what this one means), spotting a celebrity somewhere and not being able to open or operate the camera app on my smartphone in time, causing them to leave (I think this means I have ambitions for fame but at the same time don't want to be noticed, or I want to show off that I've met a celebrity; this dream doesn't happen that often anymore but when it used to, the celebrity almost always was Louis CK), and lastly being in high school still because I lack credits or some shit(???) The reason is never clear. Also in the school dream, I'm always asking what period it is for class and I'm always forgetting my locker combination and locker number...this sometimes turns into me owning a hotel room on the second floor somewhere and always needing the key.

I think the locker/key dream means I didn't graduate correctly emotionally and didn't say my goodbyes to fellow classmates. Maybe they're wondering what I'm doing this whole time.