Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 6:17pm
3 dreams exist that I always have, they are losing my teeth (I don't know what this one means), spotting a celebrity somewhere and not being able to open or operate the camera app on my smartphone in time, causing them to leave (I think this means I have ambitions for fame but at the same time don't want to be noticed, or I want to show off that I've met a celebrity; this dream doesn't happen that often anymore but when it used to, the celebrity almost always was Louis CK), and lastly being in high school still because I lack credits or some shit(???) The reason is never clear. Also in the school dream, I'm always asking what period it is for class and I'm always forgetting my locker combination and locker number...this sometimes turns into me owning a hotel room on the second floor somewhere and always needing the key.

I think the locker/key dream means I didn't graduate correctly emotionally and didn't say my goodbyes to fellow classmates. Maybe they're wondering what I'm doing this whole time.
The losing teeth dream is usually said to represent a lack of power or control over your life. That's if those dream analysis books mean anything.

I have variations of the back in school dream. I'm back in university as an undergrad and it's the day the term paper is due and I haven't started. But I'm almost always self-aware enough to remind my dream self that it isn't real and to not get freaked out.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

i don't usually remember my dreams at all. sometimes i dream about watching the red sox.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My subconscious was back at it. I managed to piss off a friend of mine—I'm having lunch with him today—which meant I had to return a U-Haul truck by myself. And apparently this truck was three years late, so I was being careful not to damage it (as if returning it unharmed would cancel what amounted to theft). I'm driving down the main street in an older section of Saskatoon and I realize, fucking hell, my driver's license is suspended (which it is, because of the epilepsy). So I'm sweating bullets—rivers, in fact—as I'm trying to navigate this truck on a street that is suddenly full of cars, bikes, and people. The alarm clock went off before I either had an accident, got pulled over by a cop, or, most unlikely, made it back to the U-Haul place.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 6:43pm
Chuck Mangione wrote:
3 dreams exist that I always have, they are losing my teeth (I don't know what this one means), spotting a celebrity somewhere and not being able to open or operate the camera app on my smartphone in time, causing them to leave (I think this means I have ambitions for fame but at the same time don't want to be noticed, or I want to show off that I've met a celebrity; this dream doesn't happen that often anymore but when it used to, the celebrity almost always was Louis CK), and lastly being in high school still because I lack credits or some shit(???) The reason is never clear. Also in the school dream, I'm always asking what period it is for class and I'm always forgetting my locker combination and locker number...this sometimes turns into me owning a hotel room on the second floor somewhere and always needing the key.

I think the locker/key dream means I didn't graduate correctly emotionally and didn't say my goodbyes to fellow classmates. Maybe they're wondering what I'm doing this whole time.
The losing teeth dream is usually said to represent a lack of power or control over your life. That's if those dream analysis books mean anything.

I have variations of the back in school dream. I'm back in university as an undergrad and it's the day the term paper is due and I haven't started. But I'm almost always self-aware enough to remind my dream self that it isn't real and to not get freaked out.
I have the back at school dream fairly often. It's usually when I am stressed at work. It always takes place in high school, and specifically at my high school in Denver - never at my high school in New Orleans or the Jortsville. It usually revolves around showing up for a final exam of a class I skipped all semester, but other times I don't know my class schedule/where the class is located or cannot find my locker. It's so strange to have these almost 30 years after graduating high school. And they never take place in college or grad school.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 10:22am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:

I have the back at school dream fairly often. It's usually when I am stressed at work. It always takes place in high school, and specifically at my high school in Denver - never at my high school in New Orleans or the Jortsville. It usually revolves around showing up for a final exam of a class I skipped all semester, but other times I don't know my class schedule/where the class is located or cannot find my locker. It's so strange to have these almost 30 years after graduating high school. And they never take place in college or grad school.
School: the trauma that never dies, even when you're asleep.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 10:47am
JennyB wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 10:22am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:

School: the trauma that never dies, even when you're asleep.
Yup.

The funny thing is, though, my biggest high school trauma was the school in the Jortsville. I came in as a senior and I listened to different music than everyone (which was a big deal, for some reason). I was bored all year because they wouldn't let me take AP classes as a new senior. I was sexually harassed by a guy and his group of friends who mostly still live here. I really didn't connect with anyone at that school. I self medicated that entire year because I was so miserable. But the dreams always take place at my Denver high school, which was so large that I was able to find my people and lead a somewhat OK high school existence. I actually loved my school in New Orleans. So it's just funny to me that the dreams never take place at my school here.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 10:59am
The funny thing is, though, my biggest high school trauma was the school in the Jortsville. I came in as a senior and I listened to different music than everyone (which was a big deal, for some reason). I was bored all year because they wouldn't let me take AP classes as a new senior. I was sexually harassed by a guy and his group of friends who mostly still live here. I really didn't connect with anyone at that school. I self medicated that entire year because I was so miserable. But the dreams always take place at my Denver high school, which was so large that I was able to find my people and lead a somewhat OK high school existence. I actually loved my school in New Orleans. So it's just funny to me that the dreams never take place at my school here.
Perhaps Denver was just the most school-like setting of your school years, so, good or bad, that's what your unconscious reverts to.

But, without a doubt, if we'd gone to high school together, we would have hung out. :approve:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 11:17am
JennyB wrote:
Perhaps Denver was just the most school-like setting of your school years, so, good or bad, that's what your unconscious reverts to.

But, without a doubt, if we'd gone to high school together, we would have hung out. :approve:
Totally. And we would have just sat on the hill smoking cigarettes and making fun of the jocks and cheerleaders.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 11:25am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Totally. And we would have just sat on the hill smoking cigarettes and making fun of the jocks and cheerleaders.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 11:28am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Totally. And we would have just sat on the hill smoking cigarettes and making fun of the jocks and cheerleaders and Korys.
Fixed for reality.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I have variations of the school dream, high school or college. Usually related to a test or paper.

The other common theme in my dreams is that I can't see. Im not blind but I cant see things.

I rarely remember dreams for the most part but the bits I can recall often involve one of the above.

Both can be stressful, I mostly hate dreams and am happy I dont remember most.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 12:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Totally. And we would have just sat on the hill smoking cigarettes and making fun of the jocks and cheerleaders and Korys.
Fixed for reality.
J: We should plant drugs in Kory's locker and phone the cops.
DM: You read my mind!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 12:29pm
The other common theme in my dreams is that I can't see. Im not blind but I cant see things.
That's fucking wild. So is your dream a conscious blackness around you or is there any kind of awareness of shapes and stuff?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 2:33pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Fixed for reality.
Psh, you're taking a risk that I won't do the drugs before I get caught with them.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 2:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 2:33pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Fixed for reality.
Psh, you're taking a risk that I won't do the drugs before I get caught with them.
We'll hide them, dum dum. We're alienated outsiders, but we're not incompetent.