Boston Is a Land Of Whimsy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Boston Is a Land Of Whimsy

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Rat Patrol wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 10:00pm

Apparently I live 8 blocks from the most meta-famous horribly dated 1980's pizza chain location in the world. Who knew?

If you'll excuse me, ima go get me a hot date with a townie who's got cursive writing tattooed all over her lower neck. Then take the extra breadsticks with us to the bathroom to trade for fentanyl. Image

Maybe get shot in the parking lot afterwards, too...play it by ear.
Don’t knock the first and only Papa’s pizza. I must have eaten the two slices and a coke deal 400 times in high school.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 10:51pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 10:00pm

Apparently I live 8 blocks from the most meta-famous horribly dated 1980's pizza chain location in the world. Who knew?

If you'll excuse me, ima go get me a hot date with a townie who's got cursive writing tattooed all over her lower neck. Then take the extra breadsticks with us to the bathroom to trade for fentanyl. Image

Maybe get shot in the parking lot afterwards, too...play it by ear.
Don’t knock the first and only Papa’s pizza. I must have eaten the two slices and a coke deal 400 times in high school.
Brockton has THREE Papa Ginos...each as gloriously worn and faded as the last. It is proven FACT: no place in the entire physical universe has as many Papa Ginos locations as Brockton. And Brockton is the pizza capital of Massholia...you can't kick a discarded liquor nip on the sidewalk without hitting the side of a Mom-n'-Pop establishment that serves infinely superior pizza. And yet it has THREE standing franchisees of pizza's answer to Old Country Buffet.

I think I'm falling in love with this trash heap I now call home.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Time to triangulate Ratty's homestead and bombard his residence with tasteful, Jungian, 808s.

BostonBeaneater

Rat Patrol wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 11:44pm

Brockton has THREE Papa Ginos...each as gloriously worn and faded as the last. It is proven FACT: no place in the entire physical universe has as many Papa Ginos locations as Brockton. And Brockton is the pizza capital of Massholia...you can't kick a discarded liquor nip on the sidewalk without hitting the side of a Mom-n'-Pop establishment that serves infinely superior pizza. And yet it has THREE standing franchisees of pizza's answer to Old Country Buffet.

You've got to hit Cape Cod Cafe. They are part of the great south shore bar pie triangle along with the Lynwood in Randolph and Town Spa in Stoughton.

How did you wind up in Brockton? I used to buy cocaine in Campello. Fond memories.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 Jul 2018, 9:41am
Rat Patrol wrote:

You've got to hit Cape Cod Cafe. They are part of the great south shore bar pie triangle along with the Lynwood in Randolph and Town Spa in Stoughton.

How did you wind up in Brockton? I used to buy cocaine in Campello. Fond memories.
People's Republic got way too pricey. I live near D.W. Field Park by the highway...criminally underrated anonymous gay hookup spot / place to huff on stolen inhalers (easily a 4 on a scale of 5). Easy as fuck to get into the city on commuter rail or the BAT bus to Ashmont, so barely feels like the 'burbs except for the locusts of townies asking to bum a cig on a daily basis.

BostonBeaneater

Rat Patrol wrote:
31 Jul 2018, 10:19am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
31 Jul 2018, 9:41am
Rat Patrol wrote:

People's Republic got way too pricey. I live near D.W. Field Park by the highway...criminally underrated anonymous gay hookup spot / place to huff on stolen inhalers (easily a 4 on a scale of 5). Easy as fuck to get into the city on commuter rail or the BAT bus to Ashmont, so barely feels like the 'burbs except for the locusts of townies asking to bum a cig on a daily basis.
But have you had the bar pie at Cape Cod Cafe?

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

https://www.universalhub.com/2018/bosto ... ?nocache=1

Paging Heston...your presence is requested for the "Be careful what you wish for" factor.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://deadspin.com/victim-of-golf-cou ... 1828473161

What do you get when you cross Boston whimsy and German whimsy?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 5:11pm

Plymouth County is better-known for its fentanyl consumption than cranberry production these days. :crazy:

BostonBeaneater

Rat Patrol wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 5:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 5:11pm

Plymouth County is better-known for its fentanyl consumption than cranberry production these days. :crazy:
Let’s not forget that golf is the sport of choice for assholes.

BostonBeaneater

BostonBeaneater

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 11:05pm
He's causing a splash.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

101Walterton wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 11:23pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
He's causing a splash.
There's shitloads of humpbacks right off the coast, especially this time of year as Sept.-Nov. is prime binge-eating season before the winter migration. But they tend to stick to the Outer Harbor about 10 miles out from downtown. That bugger right there is literally 500 feet from the sewage treatment plant, half-mile from the Airport runway (planes would literally be flying a few hundred feet over its head), and maybe 2 miles from sharing a brew at Harpoon with a bunch of douchebros and some old Southie townie who once snitched on Whitey Bulger to the FBI. They almost never go that far into the Inner Harbor.

I know they're smart enough to tell the difference between shipping vessels and ferries that keep going and "friendly" tourboats that slow down to take a look at them while they're feeding...to the point of memorizing by time-of-day when the tourboat schedules run. I've been on a Whale Watch boat from the Aquarium before where a mom was teaching her calf to use the side of our boat as a literal dinner utensil to trap thousands of fish at a time. They cocked their heads up and and make direct eye contact with us panning around the deck, so they definitely have a curiosity for any human civ that's courteous enough to shut off the boat motor in their presence. It would not surprise me in the slightest if that one developed a thing for planes and decided "Fuck it...I'm going up to Logan to see an Airbus 380 take off up close and personal."

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Rat Patrol wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 12:13am
101Walterton wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 11:23pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
He's causing a splash.
There's shitloads of humpbacks right off the coast, especially this time of year as Sept.-Nov. is prime binge-eating season before the winter migration. But they tend to stick to the Outer Harbor about 10 miles out from downtown. That bugger right there is literally 500 feet from the sewage treatment plant, half-mile from the Airport runway (planes would literally be flying a few hundred feet over its head), and maybe 2 miles from sharing a brew at Harpoon with a bunch of douchebros and some old Southie townie who once snitched on Whitey Bulger to the FBI. They almost never go that far into the Inner Harbor.

I know they're smart enough to tell the difference between shipping vessels and ferries that keep going and "friendly" tourboats that slow down to take a look at them while they're feeding...to the point of memorizing by time-of-day when the tourboat schedules run. I've been on a Whale Watch boat from the Aquarium before where a mom was teaching her calf to use the side of our boat as a literal dinner utensil to trap thousands of fish at a time. They cocked their heads up and and make direct eye contact with us panning around the deck, so they definitely have a curiosity for any human civ that's courteous enough to shut off the boat motor in their presence. It would not surprise me in the slightest if that one developed a thing for planes and decided "Fuck it...I'm going up to Logan to see an Airbus 380 take off up close and personal."
he's having a whale of a time!!