"What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Politics and other such topical creams.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: "What Have Millennials Ruined Today?" Game, presented by Charleston Chew™

Post by Flex »

I appreciate your vote of support, Neil, and I promise to make yours a quick and painless death when the time comes.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 12:53pm
I appreciate your vote of support, Neil, and I promise to make yours a quick and painless death when the time comes.
*sniff* That's all I ever really wanted to hear.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:50am
JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:37am
I don't think millenials are to blame for anything. Boomers are the root of every problem in our society. And they are usually the loudest critics of millenials...the very millenials they raised.
You mean the parents who insisted their kid get a trophy for showing up and now complain that Millennials expect to be praised for showing up?
I'd agree X10 but I'm solidly Gen X so I really don't care

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 12:53pm
Why are you even talking to us right now? You are in paradise. EAT SPAM, KEVIN.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:37am

Boomers are the root of every problem in our society.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 1:34pm
I usually wake up at least two hours earlier than the lady so it's perfect coffee & imct time on the lanai.

And I had SPAM musubi for lunch today. :approve: :approve: :approve:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 8:55pm
JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 1:34pm
I usually wake up at least two hours earlier than the lady so it's perfect coffee & imct time on the lanai.

And I had SPAM musubi for lunch today. :approve: :approve: :approve:
Awesome! I hope you are having an amazing time. VH and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon too. I cried when we left!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Am I supposed to be upset by this?

I could probably count on one hand the number of times per year my mom fed us 'real' supermarket deli American cheese (which is Good) growing up. Every other fucking day of my school-lunch life it was that sickly Kraft processed singles shit that made Homer Simpson go blind. Fuck, even the Processed Cheddar Product That Tastes Only Vaguely Like Cheddar™ was more faux-authentic than shrinkwrapped American "cheez".

This endian-X'er has *no* developed palate for cheeses...their many varieties and uses...because our Boomer overlords treated it as the artificialest of toppings, like it was another form of blandly flavored salt. I love a good bar cheeseburger, but you practically have to suggest one at me to get me to order one with non-conformist (i.e. more adventurous than monterrey jack) cheeses because I literally was raised to have zero curiosity or critical faculties about fermented dairy product. Forced arrested development in practically Hestonian packet form. And now they're getting all uppity because Kraft rubber vomit squares sales are flat...because parents are too fucking lazy to prepare their little precious a bag lunch anymore to begin with...and sounding Independent Thought Alarms over the underclass preferring just a modicum of flavor in one of its less-costly supermarket staples?

This isn't the fake-fucking-avocado wars again. It's literally an "OBEY!" command to this:

:yuck:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Rat Patrol wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 10:50pm
Am I supposed to be upset by this?

I could probably count on one hand the number of times per year my mom fed us 'real' supermarket deli American cheese (which is Good) growing up. Every other fucking day of my school-lunch life it was that sickly Kraft processed singles shit that made Homer Simpson go blind. Fuck, even the Processed Cheddar Product That Tastes Only Vaguely Like Cheddar™ was more faux-authentic than shrinkwrapped American "cheez".

This endian-X'er has *no* developed palate for cheeses...their many varieties and uses...because our Boomer overlords treated it as the artificialest of toppings, like it was another form of blandly flavored salt. I love a good bar cheeseburger, but you practically have to suggest one at me to get me to order one with non-conformist (i.e. more adventurous than monterrey jack) cheeses because I literally was raised to have zero curiosity or critical faculties about fermented dairy product. Forced arrested development in practically Hestonian packet form. And now they're getting all uppity because Kraft rubber vomit squares sales are flat...because parents are too fucking lazy to prepare their little precious a bag lunch anymore to begin with...and sounding Independent Thought Alarms over the underclass preferring just a modicum of flavor in one of its less-costly supermarket staples?

This isn't the fake-fucking-avocado wars again. It's literally an "OBEY!" command to this:

:yuck:
Yessir! Well said.

We also seldom had real cheese growing up - which is crazy considering I grew up in Wisconsin. It was always processed American cheese or maybe some sort of store brand cheddar. I'll still use it for my kids: the humble grilled cheese remains popular. I've made the mistake of randomly grabbing whatever is on sale and some of this crap won't even melt! It literally is like placing a piece of rubber on a burger patty or a sandwich and then you end up actually willing it to melt (it won't)!!?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Outside of the increasingly rare trip to get shitty fast food burgers, I can’t remember the last time I willingly ate a slice of “American” cheese. I think it’s less “millennials” and more the fact that it’s fairly easy to get actual cheese in 2018, and none of us grew up in an era that either had a depression or a postwar period where we as a nation were dazzled by the idea of processed food.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Also, if it’s “well-documented” that X loved that nonsense, I’d like to see that documentation.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 7:56am
Outside of the increasingly rare trip to get shitty fast food burgers, I can’t remember the last time I willingly ate a slice of “American” cheese. I think it’s less “millennials” and more the fact that it’s fairly easy to get actual cheese in 2018, and none of us grew up in an era that either had a depression or a postwar period where we as a nation were dazzled by the idea of processed food.
This is almost certainly it. It's the continuation of variety over standardization that has happened in all aspects of consumer capitalism since the end of Fordism in the late 60s, 70s. It's just taken longer with food, but it's part of the same principle of making consumption niche, of making consumers believe they are making a statement of individuality in their buying habits. Consumption feels more like an expression of freedom when there's more choice. (That it's a debasement of sctual freedom is another thing.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I think this is as good a time as any to point out that the former Charleston Chew building in Everett, MA has been converted to luxury lofts for upward millennials.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Yum yum!