Bernie's book

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Bernie's book

Post by WestwayKid »

I'm curious about this comment: "Published to follow the Clash's 40th anniversary in 2016, this is a testament to the man who both facillitated the band's formation and held it together"

Facilitated is spelled wrong and while it might be a "follow up" to their 40th anniversary...he apparently took his sweet time considering it is now 2018!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 12:23pm
I'm curious about this comment: "Published to follow the Clash's 40th anniversary in 2016, this is a testament to the man who both facillitated the band's formation and held it together"

Facilitated is spelled wrong and while it might be a "follow up" to their 40th anniversary...he apparently took his sweet time considering it is now 2018!!
Try to decipher his website. That'll answer your curiosity.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

All the more curious to see such errors, considering that it's not a POD publisher:
You'd think they could have sprung for a spell-checker or two on that one. :mrgreen:

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I wonder if he includes his exchange with Maj in his book. James so nearly ended up in the Berniecamp for wayward boys.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 7:26pm
I wonder if he includes his exchange with Maj in his book. James so nearly ended up in the Berniecamp for wayward boys.
Christ, that had so much bizarre potential. Talk about the road not taken.

Also, there was the time that Bernie asked Hoy what line of work he was in. I know that we'd blow it by being us, but having Bernie participate in an EET Week chat would be phenomenal.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 7:38pm
Also, there was the time that Bernie asked Hoy what line of work he was in. I know that we'd blow it by being us, but having Bernie participate in an EET Week chat would be phenomenal.
This is the kind of colossal trainwreck I feel like I've been training my whole life to help make even worse.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I fondly remembered this quote by Doc so had to search it out...
It's actually kind of breathtaking how awful his design sense is. It's like his brain has been replaced by the sum total of Geocities, ca. 1997 and that's how he perceives the world now.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 8:00pm
It's actually kind of breathtaking how awful his design sense is. It's like his brain has been replaced by the sum total of Geocities, ca. 1997 and that's how he perceives the world now.
:oops: Not even my family remembers anything fondly about me.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I want to say that was Maj that he asked the question to when he sent him the EET Week tribute (vol 1). I found he was generally responsive when I emailed him back in 2010. He even said he'd do the Q&A, but I don't think we ever sent him questions. Lol, I even sent him the photoshop of the CTC studio band (but didn't get a response to that one):
Attachments
CTC Band.JPG
CTC Band.JPG (25.13 KiB) Viewed 8343 times
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 10:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I want to say that was Maj that he asked the question to when he sent him the EET Week tribute (vol 1).
Huh. I'll never side with my memory over anyone else's, so you're likely right.
I found he was generally responsive when I emailed him back in 2010. He even said he'd do the Q&A, but I don't think we ever sent him questions. Lol, I even sent him the photoshop of the CTC studio band (but didn't get a response to that one):
:lol: That fucking picture! How the hell have I also forgotten that you made contact with him?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Heston wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 8:00pm
I feel like I need a dial up modem to access his website!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

We’re down to 22 quid. Did anyone read/look at this?
Attachments
CF584816-0985-4588-A8C4-0B117D1E511B.png

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

His font game remains on point.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 11:06pm
We’re down to 22 quid. Did anyone read/look at this?
Amazon Canada still has it a year away from release, but the price here has dropped, too.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 2:18pm
The last book on the shelf
The last chicken in the shop.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty