Quiz Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 9:13pm
This quiz is awful. I think even the European continent could get at least 10 of these...

https://play.howstuffworks.com/quiz/can ... 892c36e4
You seriously overestimated how much baseball knowledge there is in the European continent :disshame:
The only faces I could identify was Barry Bonds then I just guessed all the others when I recognised the name either Babe Ruth, Joe Di Magio or Sammy Sossa :huh:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I didnt do very well, but this quiz was entertaining

https://metv.com/quiz/are-these-80s-sit ... FhL0USN6aU
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

7/10

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

8/11, and I never even saw any of the actual shows.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

5/11. I only knew one of them and coin flipped the rest.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

10/10. Would have been super tough without the photos to work from.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 6:41pm
10/10. Would have been super tough without the photos to work from.
Yeah without the pics forget it, especially Rizzo.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Have we done this before?
https://www.zoo.com/quiz/what-state-do- ... e-in-guess?

I got Texas for fuck sake.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 5:56pm

Bunch of bullshit options on most questions. I also got fucknut Texas. :angry:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:04pm
revbob wrote:

I got Iowa - which I guess at least borders the actual state I live in.

Best idea for a first date? Going to church together... :scared:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Or bomb an abortion clinic. Same crowd.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:17pm
WestwayKid wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Or bomb an abortion clinic. Same crowd.
I'm done with that whole crowd. We went to church pretty much every Sunday when I was a kid. We were members of a fairly progressive Lutheran church and looking back I think my parents took us out of a feeling of obligation more than anything else. I identified as Christian for most of my life and when push comes to shove - I still probably do - but I just cannot stomach pretty much any organized Christian church. The self righteousness, the hypocrisy, the intolerance, the sexism and racism and homophobia and xenophobia. Whenever I think of church these days - the first image that pops into my head are the super white Midwestern Hobby Lobby shopping crowd. I know they're only one type of Christian - but it says a lot that I know pretty much associate them with most Christians...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:32pm
I'm done with that whole crowd. We went to church pretty much every Sunday when I was a kid. We were members of a fairly progressive Lutheran church and looking back I think my parents took us out of a feeling of obligation more than anything else. I identified as Christian for most of my life and when push comes to shove - I still probably do - but I just cannot stomach pretty much any organized Christian church. The self righteousness, the hypocrisy, the intolerance, the sexism and racism and homophobia and xenophobia. Whenever I think of church these days - the first image that pops into my head are the super white Midwestern Hobby Lobby shopping crowd. I know they're only one type of Christian - but it says a lot that I know pretty much associate them with most Christians...
I'm an atheist but I'm culturally Christian, more or less, given my social environment. If you want religion to inform your moral code, fine; keep it out of matters of science and don't force your shit on anyone else. I was raised, inasmuch as it was my mother's church so I did a year of Sunday school there, in the United Church of Canada, which is a melding of Presbyterian and Methodists churches (they joined up because of the sparse populations in Canada in the early days). It's super laid back. Rarely is sin and hell mention. Instead it's about love and fellowship and Jesus as inspiration to helping others. I've joked that it's the religious arm of the social democrats here. If I felt the need to join a church, I'd definitely go back to the UCC.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:45pm
WestwayKid wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:32pm
I'm an atheist but I'm culturally Christian, more or less, given my social environment. If you want religion to inform your moral code, fine; keep it out of matters of science and don't force your shit on anyone else. I was raised, inasmuch as it was my mother's church so I did a year of Sunday school there, in the United Church of Canada, which is a melding of Presbyterian and Methodists churches (they joined up because of the sparse populations in Canada in the early days). It's super laid back. Rarely is sin and hell mention. Instead it's about love and fellowship and Jesus as inspiration to helping others. I've joked that it's the religious arm of the social democrats here. If I felt the need to join a church, I'd definitely go back to the UCC.
That sounds like the church I grew up in. I was (and technically still am) a member of the ELCA. They're pretty progressive on most social issues. Heck, they allow women to be ordained.