CSi The News unofficial remix

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
deny
Long Time Jerk

Re: CSi The News unofficial remix

Post by deny »

Heston wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 2:10pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 1:39pm
Heston wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 12:01pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 8:12am
Actually while we are on the subject of remixes.
There is something about those early versions that i prefer above the Last Post versions. Although the Last Post mixes were perfectly done and sound great i just think the earlier songs are much more enjoyable to listen too. The samples and the live sound that comes accross i think make all the difference.
I still like the last Post but the early versions seem to breathe and feel more alive as apposed to the Last Post ones were they felt too tight and too perfect. The organic drive of the early mixes out perform the digital perfection of the Last Post for me

What does anyone else think ?
I totally agree. Those versions of Magic Suitcase and Soylent Green from the Andy Kershaw radio session were also much better than their properly recorded versions.
I will have to dig that out now and have another listen - just as a reminder was theat the Gangs Of England recordings ?
Oh yeah, I meant Gangs of England rather than Magic Suitcase. Though there was a better earlier recording of the latter.
I think that the Magic Suitcase is a great song.
Joining the Street Parade

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I was listening to my C/S 7 inches recently and remembered what great tunes they had. But yeah, some of those earlier versions were even better. That brief period when they had a real, full lineup and drummer and everything was probably the peak, imho.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

That first version of Why Do Men Fight with all the samples owns. So fun.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Heston wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 2:10pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 1:39pm
Heston wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 12:01pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 8:12am
Actually while we are on the subject of remixes.
There is something about those early versions that i prefer above the Last Post versions. Although the Last Post mixes were perfectly done and sound great i just think the earlier songs are much more enjoyable to listen too. The samples and the live sound that comes accross i think make all the difference.
I still like the last Post but the early versions seem to breathe and feel more alive as apposed to the Last Post ones were they felt too tight and too perfect. The organic drive of the early mixes out perform the digital perfection of the Last Post for me

What does anyone else think ?
I totally agree. Those versions of Magic Suitcase and Soylent Green from the Andy Kershaw radio session were also much better than their properly recorded versions.
I will have to dig that out now and have another listen - just as a reminder was theat the Gangs Of England recordings ?
Oh yeah, I meant Gangs of England rather than Magic Suitcase. Though there was a better earlier recording of the latter.
Yes that solent green is probably the best version i really enjoyed listening to that tonight

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Inder wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 5:24pm
The boppy tune on be good to yourself as well i do miss the samples

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 6:13pm
Inder wrote:
The boppy tune on be good to yourself as well i do miss the samples
Super paradise beach didnt even get a release because of the samples used on it which was a shame but i was pleased to see the lead guiter was used off SPB to create make it alright on the Carbon Bubble album so we got it in some discreet format

Modernman
Dirty Punk

Post by Modernman »

Would someone be kind enough to upload the Andy Kershaw radio session? That version of Gangs of England is superior, but I only have it from a fan made video.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

The News unofficial remix I was thinking of was by a Canadian guy who was a board member once upon a time, and had a Lee Perry themed podcast which included some great tracks which I hadn't heard up until that point. I've searched everywhere physically, and even into the recesses of my mind, but who he is escapes me.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

dave202 wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 4:42pm
The News unofficial remix I was thinking of was by a Canadian guy who was a board member once upon a time, and had a Lee Perry themed podcast which included some great tracks which I hadn't heard up until that point. I've searched everywhere physically, and even into the recesses of my mind, but who he is escapes me.
Hello,

I think the fellow went by Scratch (surprise). You can find his podcasts archived at https://www.upsetter.net/scratch/podcast/index2.htm

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Inder wrote:
Love it listen to it all the time! Along with MPfree