Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 7:14am
The Boss binged thru The Handmaid's Tale this weekend (whether she got thru all of the second season, I don't know), so I caught pieces here and there. It looked especially harrowing and compelling. Not sure I could sit down and watch it as the dystopia seemed a little too plausible, which would only amp up my usual anxieties.
I thought it was great. It is harrowing like a car crash you can’t help but watch.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 8:57am
Just watched the first season of "Lie to Me". Tim Roth is great in this and I'm looking forward to season 2.
Yeah I enjoyed that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just cancelled our Netflix account. It's a fine strategy to decrease the quality of what's available at the same time as jacking up the monthly price by 25%.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 3:11pm
Just cancelled our Netflix account. It's a fine strategy to decrease the quality of what's available at the same time as jacking up the monthly price by 25%.
I'm sorry they got rid of Friends, Doc.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 5:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Erm … yeah. :yuck:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 5:07pm
JennyB wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 5:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Erm … yeah. :yuck:
:mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah I'm close to dropping it too. For me the best shows they've done were the Marvel series and Kimmy Schmidt. All of that will be done soon and I don't really care what made a murderer nor to see too many recently cancelled/retired tv shows. Black Mirror is great but I can get that via other avenues.

I started watching Handmaid's Tale and seeing a young child torn away from the mother in the opening scene was just too dark for me at the time I tried watching it. Maybe another time.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I got a six month freebie deal with my phone but once that expires I won't bother renewing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah I'm close to dropping it too. For me the best shows they've done were the Marvel series and Kimmy Schmidt. All of that will be done soon and I don't really care what made a murderer nor to see too many recently cancelled/retired tv shows. Black Mirror is great but I can get that via other avenues.
That's kinda my reasoning. My VPN subscription is cheaper than what Netflix wants, so I have options.
I started watching Handmaid's Tale and seeing a young child torn away from the mother in the opening scene was just too dark for me at the time I tried watching it. Maybe another time.
The Boss binged that in December so I caught chunks of it. I also thought it uncomfortably dark, so I deliberately didn't follow along. Still, I dl'd an audio version of the novel and will give it a shot in a few weeks.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
But Bird Box, Bitch.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 6:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
But Bird Box, Bitch.
You can't watch tv blindfolded, dummy.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 6:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
But Bird Box, Bitch.
Your alliteration makes a compelling argument, but not compelling enough.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Speaking of Amazon Prime, I think they should get Roxy Music's "Avalon" and change the lyric to Amazon. Jeff Bezos, give me money, fuckface.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 6:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I got a six month freebie deal with my phone but once that expires I won't bother renewing.
I’m on a freebie as well but being as I have my home phone 3 mobiles and unlimited broadband with them I expect to have it for a while!!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I was impressed by the choose your own adventure Black Mirror. Amazingly simple concept, but real effective.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/