Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 5:21am
I was impressed by the choose your own adventure Black Mirror. Amazingly simple concept, but real effective.
I couldn't watch it because it didn't work with AppleTV. I've convinced myself that I wasn't missing anything good.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 3:11pm
Just cancelled our Netflix account. It's a fine strategy to decrease the quality of what's available at the same time as jacking up the monthly price by 25%.
Yeah I'm close to dropping it too. For me the best shows they've done were the Marvel series and Kimmy Schmidt. All of that will be done soon and I don't really care what made a murderer nor to see too many recently cancelled/retired tv shows. Black Mirror is great but I can get that via other avenues.

I started watching Handmaid's Tale and seeing a young child torn away from the mother in the opening scene was just too dark for me at the time I tried watching it. Maybe another time.
I had the same experience with HT. I couldn't handle it.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 7:16am
Silent Majority wrote:
I was impressed by the choose your own adventure Black Mirror. Amazingly simple concept, but real effective.
I couldn't watch it because it didn't work with AppleTV. I've convinced myself that I wasn't missing anything good.
I have a friend that HATES Black Mirror. He finds it contrived and thinks they look like student productions.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 1:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I have a friend that HATES Black Mirror. He finds it contrived and thinks they look like student productions.
I confess that the Netflix episodes haven't been as strong as the original UK productions, but even the weaker ones work as Luddite discourse (i.e., not opposition to technology, but concern over the social and cultural implications of integration with technology). They're unsubtle but when the basic premise of Black Mirror is a belief that we're all sleepwalking wrt to our reliance on hi-tech, shocking people is a sensible approach.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 2:02pm
Kory wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 1:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I confess that the Netflix episodes haven't been as strong as the original UK productions, but even the weaker ones work as Luddite discourse (i.e., not opposition to technology, but concern over the social and cultural implications of integration with technology). They're unsubtle but when the basic premise of Black Mirror is a belief that we're all sleepwalking wrt to our reliance on hi-tech, shocking people is a sensible approach.
Sure, I mean are they going to look up from their phones to even watch it?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I was hooked on Handmaids Tale like a car crash you can’t look away from. Very dark, gruesome and violent but brilliantly made. Can’t wait for new season.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

New season of True Detective starts tonight.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
13 Jan 2019, 11:13am
New season of True Detective starts tonight.
Might give a this a go . The first season was great but the second just bored the hell out of me.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

FX ran season 2 of Fargo this weekend, so the Boss and I re-watched most of it. Previously, I'd given a slight edge to season 1, but I've changed my mind—slight edge to season 2. Mind you, if next weekend they do season 1, I might reverse myself. But, Christ on a bike, utterly engrossing storytelling and, in the case of season 2, historical argument.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 8:24pm
FX ran season 2 of Fargo this weekend, so the Boss and I re-watched most of it. Previously, I'd given a slight edge to season 1, but I've changed my mind—slight edge to season 2. Mind you, if next weekend they do season 1, I might reverse myself. But, Christ on a bike, utterly engrossing storytelling and, in the case of season 2, historical argument.
I give it to season 1 if only for those scenes between Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton, painfully brilliant to watch.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Started watching You're The Worst from the beginning. Somehow I'd never heard of it until this year but I've finally been persuaded by some ads to give it a shot. Three episodes down, I can confirm that I am amused.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Who's not watching Bob's Burgers? Damn I love this show. I was listening to NPR earlier and they interviewed someone from a boy band that was popular 20 years ago or something which made me think of this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We just watched a second season episode of You're the Worst where the English co-lead's hideous family come over for a visit. It is everything the non-Limeys here could want from a portrayal of people from East North Hestonumbershire. Seek it out and drink it in.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

After falling in love with Rick & Morty last year, I've filled out my 29 year old male bingo card by really getting into Bojack Horseman.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 3:36pm
After falling in love with Rick & Morty last year, I've filled out my 29 year old male bingo card by really getting into Bojack Horseman.
you should develop some pro wrestling opinions now
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!