Spot The Album

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Spot The Album

Post by NoMoreHugh »

To my pleasant surprise Higher Power has now been added to the Spotify site :mrgreen:

Just waiting for F-Punk and Kool Aid to be added now and also i will never give up on hopeing for Entering a New Ride to get a release even though i doubt it will ever happen. Dont know why the resistance is there as i think its release would just bring money for nothing and please the fans all in one

As brilliant as the original line up was i still loved everything about BAD II and in my opinion not a duff album.

Happy Bad II spotting :mrgreen:

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Re: Spot The Album

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Spotify sucks.

You didn't love them enough to buy the records?

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Hey Marky
I actually bought every Album on multiple formats except F-Punk and Higher Power which was straight to CD . The first album (This is) i even bought Tape , Vinyl , CD , and CD reissue but i am certain you already know that, you tease, and now i enjoy them on Spotify for £15,00 a month. I hope that makes me the winner :mrgreen:

The spotify is for ease of use i can do lots of personal compliations that are available to play where ever i am with out having to worry about multiple CDs or vinyl or any other format to listen to where ever i go with out bothering to do limited and time consuming MP3 compliations .I can listen to any album or song when ever ,where ever and what ever i like with every device with spotify installed automatically updated. There is always a direct play on there website if you have internet access as well.

Roll on F-Punk and Kool Aid, Thank you Spotify for making music so excessible.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

I think you mean accessible. Actually, maybe not.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I love physical media as my primary way to listen to music, and have complained about the shortcomings of spotify before, but how you consume your music has absolutely no relation to how much you love it.

I think its rather nice that more BAD is now easily available to the masses.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 1:42pm
I love physical media as my primary way to listen to music, and have complained about the shortcomings of spotify before, but how you consume your music has absolutely no relation to how much you love it.
Complaining about the medium through which people listen to music is like those who complain about those guitar-playing video games. Yeah, boo, stop enjoying things in ways that I don't!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Think there's a little bit more to it than that.

Flex

Post by Flex »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 2:31pm
Think there's a little bit more to it than that.
Is there?

Pex Lives!

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Yes. There is a deep, political conversation to be had about the impact streaming has had on wealth distribution in the music industry and the development of new talent. But I sense here is not the place to have it.

Don Letts would be good on this. Shame he never comes here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Streaming is yet another imbalanced relationship between capital and artist. But in BAD's case, the option is to buy cd's that make Sony richer. If there were a clear good option—such as bands that self-release and enjoy full autonomy over their work and whether they want to license it out—that'd be one thing, but streaming versus major label physical product is getting kicked in the head versus the nuts.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 3:44pm
Yes. There is a deep, political conversation to be had about the impact streaming has had on wealth distribution in the music industry and the development of new talent. But I sense here is not the place to have it.

Don Letts would be good on this. Shame he never comes here.
Sure, but these discs are out of print. You're buying them from the second hand market. Enriching discogs vendors isn't striking a blow against the industry. And I'm not sure exactly how forking cash over to Sony for a CD counts as an act of anti-establishmentarianism in the first place

Also, the political and economic arguments against streaming is a pretty massive stretch to get to from your initial post chastising a member of the community for being an insufficient fan of BAD simply for being glad that some old albums are up on streaming services

Your demand that people engage in as much capital consumption as possible as an act of artistic devotion seemed like a bunch of complete bullshit, quite frankly.

Pex Lives!

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Not demanding anything. Just voicing an opinion that I think Spotify sucks. It seemed like a strange thing for a fan to be getting excited about.

And, yes, the whole music industry sucks at the best of times.

'Punk died the day The Clash signed to CBS' etc.
Last edited by MarkyJacobs on 27 Jan 2019, 4:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In sum, NoMoreHugh should feel really awful for being happy that he can more easily enjoy listening to BAD because the music industry is wretched.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

No. He should get out more.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 4:53pm
No. He should get out more.
Are you this obnoxious in real life or just on here?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board