Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Pets.

Post by JennyB »

Our dog looks like the lead singer of Greta Van Fleet
Attachments
GVF.jpg
GVF.jpg (118.78 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 12:24pm
Or early 70s Roger Daltrey. Can your dog do the "Won't Get Fooled Again" scream?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 12:34pm
JennyB wrote:
Or early 70s Roger Daltrey. Can your dog do the "Won't Get Fooled Again" scream?
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 12:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
CSI: St. Louis
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 12:53pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Where the techs are racist.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 12:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 12:53pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Where the techs are racist.
"DNA says the person is … black. And guilty."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Less than fun times here the last few days. Luke's become more aggressive, actively seeking out and challenging the girls, especially Charlotte, whom he'd previously been somewhat deferential to. But on successive nights he made some pretty serious assaults. We think the pheromone diffuser has run out, so I'll be going out for more. We had no certainty that it was working at all, but the liquid is almost out and behaviours are getting worse, so perhaps. In the meantime, he's now wearing a collar that is supposed to have a calming effect (pheromone plus lavender), plus a bell to warn them when he's coming (most of Zoë's yelling is due to her being surprised when he sneaks up on her; pay the fuck attention, old woman!). And we've installed some glue-on claw caps on him so that in any scrap he starts, he'll receive the worst of the exchange (those glue-ons are meant to stop scratching furniture, but this will do the same). If he can associate starting fights with losing fights, maybe the former will abate. Plus he's now getting sent to the cooler (thanks, Hogan's Heroes) whenever he makes them screetch. He really doesn't care for it when it happens at night because it means he's isolated for several hours. He is starting to make a connection because when they scream and one of us walk to him, he goes into a guilty posture. As dumb as his face suggests, he does seem to pick up on connections between behaviour and consequences, but he's also operating on a lot of instinct. Frustrating that such a loveable little fucker with us is such a pain in the ass with the girls, whose chief pleasure at this point in their lives is sleeping and cuddles, all without being attacked.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 9:26am
Less than fun times here the last few days. Luke's become more aggressive, actively seeking out and challenging the girls, especially Charlotte, whom he'd previously been somewhat deferential to. But on successive nights he made some pretty serious assaults. We think the pheromone diffuser has run out, so I'll be going out for more. We had no certainty that it was working at all, but the liquid is almost out and behaviours are getting worse, so perhaps. In the meantime, he's now wearing a collar that is supposed to have a calming effect (pheromone plus lavender), plus a bell to warn them when he's coming (most of Zoë's yelling is due to her being surprised when he sneaks up on her; pay the fuck attention, old woman!). And we've installed some glue-on claw caps on him so that in any scrap he starts, he'll receive the worst of the exchange (those glue-ons are meant to stop scratching furniture, but this will do the same). If he can associate starting fights with losing fights, maybe the former will abate. Plus he's now getting sent to the cooler (thanks, Hogan's Heroes) whenever he makes them screetch. He really doesn't care for it when it happens at night because it means he's isolated for several hours. He is starting to make a connection because when they scream and one of us walk to him, he goes into a guilty posture. As dumb as his face suggests, he does seem to pick up on connections between behaviour and consequences, but he's also operating on a lot of instinct. Frustrating that such a loveable little fucker with us is such a pain in the ass with the girls, whose chief pleasure at this point in their lives is sleeping and cuddles, all without being attacked.
Ugh. Sorry to hear this is happening - but sounds like you have some good strategies in place. We have 4 males and the youngest is a little spitfire. He'll sometimes attack one of the older cats (I think just to play - but sometimes it seems mean) and there is hissing and yowling. We also had an issue where he seemed to be bullying one of his cat brothers. The biggest deterrent we've found is to keep a couple of cheap spray bottles around the house and when he gets out of line - he gets zapped with cold water right in the face. The trick is being able to catch him while he's doing it - which isn't always possible - but I've had a lot of success breaking cats of bad behavior with water.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 9:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ugh. Sorry to hear this is happening - but sounds like you have some good strategies in place. We have 4 males and the youngest is a little spitfire. He'll sometimes attack one of the older cats (I think just to play - but sometimes it seems mean) and there is hissing and yowling. We also had an issue where he seemed to be bullying one of his cat brothers. The biggest deterrent we've found is to keep a couple of cheap spray bottles around the house and when he gets out of line - he gets zapped with cold water right in the face. The trick is being able to catch him while he's doing it - which isn't always possible - but I've had a lot of success breaking cats of bad behavior with water.
Yup, we have a water bottle and it works really well. Most times we just have to show it to him and he'll back off. Like everything else, tho, it's battling his instincts. 80% of it, I'm sure, are just him being a kitten; 20% that the girls aren't fighters.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Butters is a dick to Licorice sometimes. It seems to come out of nowhere, too. She doesn't play like he does, and she can't stand it. He knows when I'm angry at him for doing this, but that doesn't always stop him. If we make eye contact, he knows I mean business. There are a lot of times where I've had to put him in a room by himself until he calms down. Honestly, it's like he can't regulate this behavior on his own and needs intervention. If Lic didn't react so strongly, I would just let them be, but it's like he's on the hunt and she's the prey it's that intense. Unfortunately, I can't tolerate those calming infusers, so that's not an option for me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 9:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Butters is a dick to Licorice sometimes. It seems to come out of nowhere, too. She doesn't play like he does, and she can't stand it. He knows when I'm angry at him for doing this, but that doesn't always stop him. If we make eye contact, he knows I mean business. There are a lot of times where I've had to put him in a room by himself until he calms down. Honestly, it's like he can't regulate this behavior on his own and needs intervention. If Lic didn't react so strongly, I would just let them be, but it's like he's on the hunt and she's the prey it's that intense. Unfortunately, I can't tolerate those calming infusers, so that's not an option for me.
Yeah, that's just it for us—it's the intensity of his behaviour that is so frustrating. Not chasing around and all, but takedowns and biting. Deep down, I'd like each of the girls to just beat the shit out of him once to let him know that they aren't going to put up with it. But their flight instinct is much stronger than fight, and I'm sure their screams are a turn-on for his aggressive instincts.

When you say you can't tolerate the infusers, what do you mean? The cat pheromone is supposed to be undetectable to humans.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 9:58am
Mimi wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 9:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, that's just it for us—it's the intensity of his behaviour that is making frustrating. Not chasing around and all, but takedowns and biting. Deep down, I'd like each of the girls to just beat the shit out of him once to let him know that they aren't going to put up with it. But their flight instinct is much stronger than fight, and I'm sure their screams are a turn-on for his aggressive instincts.

When you say you can't tolerate the infusers, what do you mean? The cat pheromone is supposed to be undetectable to humans.
Yeah, I wish Lic would take a hard swipe at Butters when he acts this way, but she's got issues.

A vet I went to when Lic was sick used those infusers and my sinuses just clogged up and I would get nauseated. I'm super duper sensitive to smells and chemicals. I was forced to sit right next to them in the exam rooms, so I assumed it was them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 10:14am
A vet I went to when Lic was sick used those infusers and my sinuses just clogged up and I would get nauseated. I'm super duper sensitive to smells and chemicals. I was forced to sit right next to them in the exam rooms, so I assumed it was them.
Ah, I see. That's a shame. Some people report the pheromone diffusers as a miracle treatment with cat anxiety. I'm just hoping it can get us back to the more awkward peace of a week ago.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I'm sorry, Doc. I really don't have much experience with cats, so I don't have any advice to offer. I hope things work out - you have to do what's best for your family.
Got a Rake? Sure!