Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:12pm
Just tried to show The Boss and the picture is gone. Thanks, Obama.
They changed the write up first. It had some 50 Shades reference and explicitly said "this home comes with a wonderful sex dungeon."
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They changed the write up first. It had some 50 Shades reference and explicitly said "this home comes with a wonderful sex dungeon."
YIKES.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, I was scrolling through and couldn't figure out what all the excitement was about... :mrgreen:

I did find their bear skin rugs offensive, however!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, I was scrolling through and couldn't figure out what all the excitement was about... :mrgreen:

I did find their bear skin rugs offensive, however!
Ha! So did the Boss.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So, I was at the optometrist for a check-up and about a partial blur in my one eye. I only wear drugstore reading glasses, which only came to be needed a couple years ago. Which is to say, for 45+ years I had perfect vision. And now I have a goddamned cataract developing. It's a less common kind, but it's there (and my other eye is showing some evidence of the same). So I'll be visiting an opthamologist in the next couple months and surgery sometime this year. I fuckin' old. :sad:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:14pm
I have a goddamned cataract developing
Medulla drove up with a Brand New..........
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have a goddamned cataract developing
Medulla drove up with a Brand New..........
Balls to you, big werewolf …

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
So, I was at the optometrist for a check-up and about a partial blur in my one eye. I only wear drugstore reading glasses, which only came to be needed a couple years ago. Which is to say, for 45+ years I had perfect vision. And now I have a goddamned cataract developing. It's a less common kind, but it's there (and my other eye is showing some evidence of the same). So I'll be visiting an opthamologist in the next couple months and surgery sometime this year. I fuckin' old. :sad:
Sorry to hear that mate. Join the club.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 4:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I wanted to be old and crotchety, not old and decrepit.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 5:06pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I’ve had glasses since I was 17 (and needed them for years before that), but occasionally needing reading glasses as well was a surprising shock over the last few months.

I’m also at the point where my hair loss is noticeable enough that I’m leaning into it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
The sellers forgot that they listed it on MULTIPLE realtor sites before it went viral: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... ch#photo30

:ugeek:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Rat Patrol wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 5:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The sellers forgot that they listed it on MULTIPLE realtor sites before it went viral: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... ch#photo30

$750,000!!!!! you are having a Turkish. Where the fuck is that downtown Mexico?

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

AH! Now I see what all the fuss is about. I thought maybe it was over the blobby bearskin rugs or the Jimmy Durante quote on the wall of the (other) exercise room.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 5:06pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I’ve had glasses since I was 17 (and needed them for years before that), but occasionally needing reading glasses as well was a surprising shock over the last few months.

I’m also at the point where my hair loss is noticeable enough that I’m leaning into it.
*silent but knowing sympathy* It's a good thing the Xer mentality prepared me for an inevitable and miserable dotage.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

https://ap.rdcpix.com/1432662145/15adb5 ... 70_q80.jpg
https://ap.rdcpix.com/366315621/15adb5a ... 70_q80.jpg

You continue to do god's work, Ratty.