Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 2:31pm
I thought United was a circus before Mourihno was sacked but Chelsea WTF!!!
They can hide behind misunderstanding all they want but it is not fooling anyone. I believe Kapa thought it was an injury sub but Sarri wanted to make tactical change to bring on better penalty keeper. What was the captain doing, what was the experienced players like Luis doing why did no one listen to or even talk to their coach?
#deadmanwalking
Great headline earlier. "Sarri done up like a Kepa".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 4:45pm
101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 2:31pm
I thought United was a circus before Mourihno was sacked but Chelsea WTF!!!
They can hide behind misunderstanding all they want but it is not fooling anyone. I believe Kapa thought it was an injury sub but Sarri wanted to make tactical change to bring on better penalty keeper. What was the captain doing, what was the experienced players like Luis doing why did no one listen to or even talk to their coach?
#deadmanwalking
Great headline earlier. "Sarri done up like a Kepa".
:mrgreen:

Sarri seems to be the strangest word

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

So if it was all a misunderstanding:

1) Why fine him a weeks wages
2) Why drop him for the next match
3) Why did he have a blazing row with the reserve goalkeeper after the game during which he claimed he wanted to stay on for the penalty shootout
because he was a better goalkeeper?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

What an emotional night of football. Amazing! :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 6:21pm
Was that really a penalty? No-one was saving Rashford's strike though, that had some venom in it!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 6:28pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Was that really a penalty? No-one was saving Rashford's strike though, that had some venom in it!
I gues it really doesn't matter now does it. I think it was harsh but the rule states if you make your body big and turn away from the striker and don't have control of flailing arms then under VAR rules it's a pen. Personally I think FIFA need to be more decisive regards penalties. I think if it hits your arm in the 18 yard box be it deliberate or accidental then it should be a penalty. Just because the intention to hand ball isn't there it doesn't mean it's not an obstruction.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 6:36pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I gues it really doesn't matter now does it. I think it was harsh but the rule states if you make your body big and turn away from the striker and don't have control of flailing arms then under VAR rules it's a pen. Personally I think FIFA need to be more decisive regards penalties. I think if it hits your arm in the 18 yard box be it deliberate or accidental then it should be a penalty. Just because the intention to hand ball isn't there it doesn't mean it's not an obstruction.
I agree, get rid of the subjectivity.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

laxman wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 7:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 6:36pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I agree, get rid of the subjectivity.
They usually referee that way anyway Marky. If it is in the box they (nearly) always give a penalty and I think you have to if it is a goal bound shot, accidental or not. Had that happened on halfway line doubt a hand ball would be given.
Anyway is in the books as they say.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I think Ole can resign from his job in Molde 😂
Fantastic result especially considering the players missing including the entire first choice midfield.
Best part was at the end 4 academy players Rashford, McTominnay, Chong and Greenwood all on the pitch plus Pereira played most of the game. With Pogba and Lingard watching from the stands and 2 more academy players on bench that is some future.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 8:46pm
Fantastic result especially considering the players missing including the entire first choice midfield.
Best part was at the end 4 academy players Rashford, McTominnay, Chong and Greenwood all on the pitch plus Pereira played most of the game. With Pogba and Lingard watching from the stands and 2 more academy players on bench that is some future.
I don't know if you are aware of this mate but Ole does not have a contract with Molde.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 9:49pm
101Walterton wrote:
I don't know if you are aware of this mate but Ole does not have a contract with Molde.
You sure????
I think he is due back in the summer I read an interview with the owner who said he hopes he doesn't come back..

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Hammers have been putting together a nice little run :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Flex wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 10:57pm
Hammers have been putting together a nice little run :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Yep respectable 9th and safe from relegation.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 10:43pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
You sure????
I think he is due back in the summer I read an interview with the owner who said he hopes he doesn't come back..
Yep when he joined MUFC in December it was said he was only on loan but Molde's season had almost finished and he was only contracted til the end of that season in order for Ole to go back he would have to sign a new contract but that's not likely now.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 5:00am
101Walterton wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 10:43pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
You sure????
Yep when he joined MUFC in December it was said he was only on loan but Molde's season had almost finished and he was only contracted til the end of that season in order for Ole to go back he would have to sign a new contract but that's not likely now.
Yep season starts in March and they have a caretaker manager in place who will obviously now be a huge United fan 😂