Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

General music discussion.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by Wolter »

”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:31pm
Hello,

I used to be disgusted...now I try to be amused.
Exactly mate. Nice EC reference too.

I don't much care what he does verbally all that great music still stands and always will. He doesn't let me down in any way as I stopped listening to his verbals a very long time ago.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 9:12am
coffeepotman wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 8:51am
Here is the whole 24 minute segment....https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... HxsCcvCnS4

John does make a fool of himself but at the end he mentions Nora has Alzheimers and then he brings up Ari Up and the Slits I really felt sorry for the guy, no wonder he drinks. I love him and will always, even when he makes a fool of himself. Him, his music, his lyrics, they all changed my life and the way I look at the world.
That's horrible about Nora. Is that a recent revelation, as I don't recall hearing it before. I can certainly appreciate him being more on edge with that going on in his life.
I mentioned it on here months back I think on the PiL thread but there are so many KISS conersations in-betewwen it could be anywhere.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 10:30am
lulz
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 11:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
Here is the whole 24 minute segment....https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... HxsCcvCnS4

John does make a fool of himself but at the end he mentions Nora has Alzheimers and then he brings up Ari Up and the Slits I really felt sorry for the guy, no wonder he drinks. I love him and will always, even when he makes a fool of himself. Him, his music, his lyrics, they all changed my life and the way I look at the world.
That's horrible about Nora. Is that a recent revelation, as I don't recall hearing it before. I can certainly appreciate him being more on edge with that going on in his life.
I mentioned it on here months back I think on the PiL thread but there are so many KISS conersations in-betewwen it could be anywhere.
Dammit, Heston!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I'll always have a soft spot for John. Yes, he can be an insufferable pain and yes, he often doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - but he's a fascinating character and like many of you have already said - his music changed my life for the better.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 12:34pm
I'll always have a soft spot for John. Yes, he can be an insufferable pain and yes, he often doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - but he's a fascinating character and like many of you have already said - his music changed my life for the butter.
Subtle. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 5:23am
WestwayKid wrote:
I'll always have a soft spot for John. Yes, he can be an insufferable pain and yes, he often doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - but he's a fascinating character and like many of you have already said - his music changed my life for the butter.
Subtle. ;)
😂

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Subtle. ;)
Ha ha Marky! I've finally laughed at one of your jokes! :mrgreen:
Joining the Street Parade

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

deny wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 8:24am
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Subtle. ;)
Ha ha Marky! I've finally laughed at one of your jokes! :mrgreen:
:lol:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

Think this was the interview where he first addressed it. Around the 15 minute mark. Agree with all of the above. A man out of time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IjPtV1LTjg&t=249s

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

white man wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 10:56am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

Think this was the interview where he first addressed it. Around the 15 minute mark. Agree with all of the above. A man out of time.
We've all yakked about this already, but, lord, his bloated appearance is just breathtaking. His old smoker's voice, tho, does serve him well as he's aged.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Subtle. ;)
:mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 11:15am
white man wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

We've all yakked about this already, but, lord, his bloated appearance is just breathtaking. His old smoker's voice, tho, does serve him well as he's aged.
I saw or read an interview with him recently where he said he has a thyroid condition that causes him to bloat up, so it's not that he is just fat, he actually has a medical problem.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

coffeepotman wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 8:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 11:15am
white man wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:

I saw or read an interview with him recently where he said he has a thyroid condition that causes him to bloat up, so it's not that he is just fat, he actually has a medical problem.
That makes a lot of sense. It's such a dramatic transformation—he hasn't been a skinny kid in decades, but this is beyond being simply overweight—so some kind of medical disorder seems really plausible. Both Norm Macdonald ad Garry Shandling also went thru periods of suddenly being really puffy, and it was medical in origin.