Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:06pm
You say bribery, I say paying for premium seating. :shifty:
It's okay. They're rich. The justice system is in their favor!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... lse-funny/

I'm sure I've read before that Atkinson is more than a bit of a prick to work with and that his character in The Tall Guy isn't far from the man himself (mind you, give him credit it that he'd admit it).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 5:27pm

I'm sure I've read before that Atkinson is more than a bit of a prick to work with and that his character in The Tall Guy isn't far from the man himself (mind you, give him credit it that he'd admit it).
Either this article doesn't hold true in a general sense or Atkinson is very, very bad at what he's trying to accomplish—the proof is in the performances of everyone else on that show.

edit: I was reading that in the middle of a meeting and realized I missed the paragraph where the producer tells the guests not to listen to him.
Last edited by Kory on 12 Mar 2019, 6:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 6:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 5:27pm

Either this article doesn't hold true in a general sense or Atkinson is very, very bad at what he's trying to accomplish—the proof is in the performances of everyone else on that show.
Or that the directors of the episodes and/or the cast were better at countering him. What's weird about him telling people to be less funny is that he was the straight man on the show. His laughs came from his response to the moronic characters he was surrounded by. If they weren't funny, he wouldn't have been either.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

(Gene Kelly voice, on way to toilet) Gotta piss!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 9:37pm
101Walterton wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 9:33pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 8:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 8:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 8:25pm
:lol:

I had to make a promise to my mum never to be an electrician or someone who works with electricity. Due to my dad being electrocuted. Maybe I could've turned out better. :disshame:
Oh crap. :sad: I remember so many of my friends in university who mocked those from high school who went to a trade school. It wasn't for me, but even back then I thought those guys were choosing the more solid career path. No such thing as an unemployed plumber or electrician.
I did choose a trade when I left school which is Wood Machinist which I took an apprenticeship in and passed with distinction. Trouble being where I live in the south of this blighted isle all the wood machining factories and workshops closed down fairly quickly when the big D.I.Y. merchants moved in and made things easier for people. Hence I became a postman then a security guard/supervisor which is the last refuge of the bluffer. I'm currently not working due to my health issues but as soon as I get my move sorted which is just over the horizon I will be looking to get myself back into some form of employment.
You moving far Marky or staying in the Royal County?
I will be going to Cornwall initially to stay with my mum and step-dad. If I can find a property cheap enough once Brexit has been sorted ( :rolleyes: ) I'll stay there. If not I may look to go northwards where property is way cheaper and everyone listens to KISS 24/7.
My mate recently moved up to South Shields from Leicester for that very same reason and he loves it. Can't get him into KISS though.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 1:09pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Oh crap. :sad: I remember so many of my friends in university who mocked those from high school who went to a trade school. It wasn't for me, but even back then I thought those guys were choosing the more solid career path. No such thing as an unemployed plumber or electrician.
I did choose a trade when I left school which is Wood Machinist which I took an apprenticeship in and passed with distinction. Trouble being where I live in the south of this blighted isle all the wood machining factories and workshops closed down fairly quickly when the big D.I.Y. merchants moved in and made things easier for people. Hence I became a postman then a security guard/supervisor which is the last refuge of the bluffer. I'm currently not working due to my health issues but as soon as I get my move sorted which is just over the horizon I will be looking to get myself back into some form of employment.
I will be going to Cornwall initially to stay with my mum and step-dad. If I can find a property cheap enough once Brexit has been sorted ( :rolleyes: ) I'll stay there. If not I may look to go northwards where property is way cheaper and everyone listens to KISS 24/7.
My mate recently moved up to South Shields from Leicester for that very same reason and he loves it. Can't get him into KISS though.
It's good to have a friend who is wiser than you.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm only moving there if you give your me complete KISS collection.

So I can take it to the nearest charity shop.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 3:02pm

So I can take it to the nearest charity shop.
You spelled "out-of-control tire fire" incorrectly.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

[So I can take it to the nearest charity shop.
Would you bring poison to a place that feeds the hungry?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 3:50pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

They are not for listening to but to be used as coasters.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 4:28pm
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Even those are traditionally decorative. Target practice I could understand. Maybe for starting fires.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 4:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

Even those are traditionally decorative. Target practice I could understand. Maybe for starting fires.
Self-harm, no matter how they're used.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 4:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

They are for the blind goddamnit!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 12:21pm
(Gene Kelly voice, on way to toilet) Gotta piss!
:lol: :lol: