Quiz Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:45pm
WestwayKid wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:32pm
I'm done with that whole crowd. We went to church pretty much every Sunday when I was a kid. We were members of a fairly progressive Lutheran church and looking back I think my parents took us out of a feeling of obligation more than anything else. I identified as Christian for most of my life and when push comes to shove - I still probably do - but I just cannot stomach pretty much any organized Christian church. The self righteousness, the hypocrisy, the intolerance, the sexism and racism and homophobia and xenophobia. Whenever I think of church these days - the first image that pops into my head are the super white Midwestern Hobby Lobby shopping crowd. I know they're only one type of Christian - but it says a lot that I know pretty much associate them with most Christians...
I'm an atheist but I'm culturally Christian, more or less, given my social environment. If you want religion to inform your moral code, fine; keep it out of matters of science and don't force your shit on anyone else. I was raised, inasmuch as it was my mother's church so I did a year of Sunday school there, in the United Church of Canada, which is a melding of Presbyterian and Methodists churches (they joined up because of the sparse populations in Canada in the early days). It's super laid back. Rarely is sin and hell mention. Instead it's about love and fellowship and Jesus as inspiration to helping others. I've joked that it's the religious arm of the social democrats here. If I felt the need to join a church, I'd definitely go back to the UCC.
That sounds like the church I grew up in. I was (and technically still am) a member of the ELCA. They're pretty progressive on most social issues. Heck, they allow women to be ordained.
Back in the 80s, the UCC had a bit of a schism when it allowed homosexual ministers. No surprise, urban centres were for it, small towns lost members to evangelical churches (cutting off one's nose …). As wary as I am of organized religion, knowing that it's possible to have a church that isn't about judgement and blame and punishment does dampen my snark.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:17pm
WestwayKid wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 6:04pm
revbob wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 5:56pm
Have we done this before?
https://www.zoo.com/quiz/what-state-do- ... e-in-guess?

I got Texas for fuck sake.
Bunch of bullshit options on most questions. I also got fucknut Texas. :angry:
I got Iowa - which I guess at least borders the actual state I live in.

Best idea for a first date? Going to church together... :scared:
Or bomb an abortion clinic. Same crowd.
I'm done with that whole crowd. We went to church pretty much every Sunday when I was a kid. We were members of a fairly progressive Lutheran church and looking back I think my parents took us out of a feeling of obligation more than anything else. I identified as Christian for most of my life and when push comes to shove - I still probably do - but I just cannot stomach pretty much any organized Christian church. The self righteousness, the hypocrisy, the intolerance, the sexism and racism and homophobia and xenophobia. Whenever I think of church these days - the first image that pops into my head are the super white Midwestern Hobby Lobby shopping crowd. I know they're only one type of Christian - but it says a lot that I know pretty much associate them with most Christians...
So is the quiz question ''Which one of these makes you the better Christian?''

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 8:10pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Alas, Steve's been exiled.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 8:15pm
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

What sort of fucking rubbish quiz is this? I was hoping first prize was gonna be at least a chance to sacrifice a priest.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 8:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

What sort of fucking rubbish quiz is this? I was hoping first prize was gonna be at least a chance to sacrifice a priest.
Sorry, dude, the Vatican has the best lawyers.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 8:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Fine I'm joining the Mormons.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 9:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Sweet deal on the underwear.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 9:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I’ve convinced my MAGA cousin that I have been considering converting to Islam. He is beside himself but I’m going to keep it going. His sisters and my immediate family are in on it. We are having a family gathering this weekend and I’m going to refuse alcohol and ask if every plate of food has any pork in it. I’ll report back.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 10:39pm
I’ve convinced my MAGA cousin that I have been considering converting to Islam. He is beside himself but I’m going to keep it going. His sisters and my immediate family are in on it. We are having a family gathering this weekend and I’m going to refuse alcohol and ask if every plate of food has any pork in it. I’ll report back.
Ha! Diabolical.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Surely there's enough hours in the day for both.

But yeah those quiz questions were awful. What's your favorite type of hat I think was one too. My favorite hat is no fucking hat. I wear a winter hat in the winter when it's cold. the choices were so limited

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

You'll want to bring along a copy of this. Image

And drop a few As-salamu alaykums.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 7:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Surely there's enough hours in the day for both.

But yeah those quiz questions were awful. What's your favorite type of hat I think was one too. My favorite hat is no fucking hat. I wear a winter hat in the winter when it's cold. the choices were so limited
It was easy to see how they were slanted in a certain direction. If you said you liked country music and slow dancing with your high school sweetheart then you probably weren't earning "Blue State" points and so on.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

You should wear a Cat Stevens t-shirt.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

That's fucking fabulous. Can't wait to hear the reports.

Also, I got New Jersey. This quiz is rigged! I don't even like Bon Jovi!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 10:02am
Also, I got New Jersey. This quiz is rigged! I don't even like Bon Jovi!
Hoy's making goo-goo eyes at you now and offering to share tasty Bruce boots.