The coming tide.

Politics and other such topical creams.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

The coming tide.

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I don’t know if people like me can beat these fascists. I do pledge to splay as many of them as I can. I hope there is a decent and small group of humans who survive all this and does something to honor us. At the same time, aren’t we better off forgotten?

BostonBeaneater

Re: The coming tide.

It’s time to put bat on brain and hurt the people who hurt us all. I wanna chop up the bastards into chum.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

You alright?

BostonBeaneater

101Walterton wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 12:08am
You alright?
Yeah, I am just ready to take it to these goose stepping goons.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

As I've said here before, and on Facebook, punching a fascist is morally okay, because it's an act of self-defense due to their oft-stated philosophy to kill large portions of humankind.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 9:42am
101Walterton wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 12:08am
You alright?
Yeah, I am just ready to take it to these goose stepping goons.
You and me both, my friend. I'd love to know wtf goes wrong in the development of a fascist psychopath? What's the draw? I want to say they're inherently weak individuals who grasp at violence in order to feel strong because it helps them keep a lid on the fact that deep down they know they're a waste of flesh.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 12:28pm
I'd love to know wtf goes wrong in the development of a fascist psychopath? What's the draw? I want to say they're inherently weak individuals who grasp at violence in order to feel strong because it helps them keep a lid on the fact that deep down they know they're a waste of flesh.
You've more or less recreated Arthur Schlesinger Jr's argument from the late 1940s for why some people adopt totalitarian ideologies—i.e., they're psychologically weak. Modernity offers people the freedom to be individuals and chart their own path, he argued, but the weak-willed can't handle it and choose fascism, Nazism, or communism because it has a ready-made worldview and provides security in the mass. Which is an indirect way for Schlesinger to pat himself and his fellow liberals on the back for being tough men. Sure, psychology plays a role in these things, but I'd say brutal capitalism, where community and fellowship is reduced to market value and deals, where your value as a human being is abstracted in favour of how much profit you can make for your boss and how much you spend to keep the machinery rolling—that guts people's sense of self-worth more. This isn't me feeling sorry for these fuckheads—they made the choice of who to blame and went with people often in more marginalized circumstances than their own, and they chose to adopt violence against other human beings as their preferred method—but it's a mistake to simply dismiss the cause as mental weakness. We reduce the number of fascists and potential fascists in our midst by altering the social environment that produces that anger.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

A lot of these nazis slid into it out of a brain dead online ironic whining entitlement.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 1:20pm
WestwayKid wrote:
I'd love to know wtf goes wrong in the development of a fascist psychopath? What's the draw? I want to say they're inherently weak individuals who grasp at violence in order to feel strong because it helps them keep a lid on the fact that deep down they know they're a waste of flesh.
You've more or less recreated Arthur Schlesinger Jr's argument from the late 1940s for why some people adopt totalitarian ideologies—i.e., they're psychologically weak. Modernity offers people the freedom to be individuals and chart their own path, he argued, but the weak-willed can't handle it and choose fascism, Nazism, or communism because it has a ready-made worldview and provides security in the mass. Which is an indirect way for Schlesinger to pat himself and his fellow liberals on the back for being tough men. Sure, psychology plays a role in these things, but I'd say brutal capitalism, where community and fellowship is reduced to market value and deals, where your value as a human being is abstracted in favour of how much profit you can make for your boss and how much you spend to keep the machinery rolling—that guts people's sense of self-worth more. This isn't me feeling sorry for these fuckheads—they made the choice of who to blame and went with people often in more marginalized circumstances than their own, and they chose to adopt violence against other human beings as their preferred method—but it's a mistake to simply dismiss the cause as mental weakness. We reduce the number of fascists and potential fascists in our midst by altering the social environment that produces that anger.
I had never thought about it in that way, but what you write makes a ton of sense!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 1:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 1:20pm
WestwayKid wrote:
I had never thought about it in that way, but what you write makes a ton of sense!
Rule of thumb: When figuring out problems involving groups of people, start with social causes, not individual.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/