Unreleased Mick Jones material?

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
gc84
Corner Soul

Unreleased Mick Jones material?

Post by gc84 »

Hi!
This was in a previous post, but I thought it deserved its own thread. http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2706
There are six demo recordings by Mick Jones of Strummer/Jones songs from the time of No. 10 Upping street and some (a half a dozen according to Chris Salewicz' book on Joe Strummer) from the time of Global A Go Go, and furthermore "around eight unreleased tracks written for films".

!!! :)

To me, this is unbelievable. I must hear these demos. Is there anyway to get a hold of them? Has any one heard them? Are there any plans to make them available, either commercially or for example on the Carbon/Silicon web page?
I mean, I'm dying to hear the Carbon Bubble, too, of course, and obviously this old stuff shouldn't eclipse its release -- but still. Unreleased Mick Jones material -- I can't stop thinking about it. (And unreleased Strummer material, at that)

Dialed Hitman
Dirty Punk

Re: Unreleased Mick Jones material?

Post by Dialed Hitman »

gc84 wrote:Hi!
This was in a previous post, but I thought it deserved its own thread. http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2706
There are six demo recordings by Mick Jones of Strummer/Jones songs from the time of No. 10 Upping street and some (a half a dozen according to Chris Salewicz' book on Joe Strummer) from the time of Global A Go Go, and furthermore "around eight unreleased tracks written for films".

!!! :)

To me, this is unbelievable. I must hear these demos. Is there anyway to get a hold of them? Has any one heard them? Are there any plans to make them available, either commercially or for example on the Carbon/Silicon web page?
I mean, I'm dying to hear the Carbon Bubble, too, of course, and obviously this old stuff shouldn't eclipse its release -- but still. Unreleased Mick Jones material -- I can't stop thinking about it. (And unreleased Strummer material, at that)
Good question!!!! Does anybody have these demos?????

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Mick does. They are not in any kind of circulation. A couple of friends have US North and maybe one other written for films.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Mick does. They are not in any kind of circulation. A couple of friends have US North and maybe one other written for films.
I love US North, it's a shame there's only live versions floating around.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I'm told the studio version is quite the raga, twelve minutes or seventeen or something. It was done for Candy Mountain but not used. I've seen the tape at a friend's house but not heard it, on a cassette compilation Joe put together in the 80's, and it's since been misplaced (for real). But Mick's got it.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:I'm told the studio version is quite the raga, twelve minutes or seventeen or something. It was done for Candy Mountain but not used. I've seen the tape at a friend's house but not heard it, on a cassette compilation Joe put together in the 80's, and it's since been misplaced (for real). But Mick's got it.
"It's behind you ......" :mrgreen: