The Clash ...The Clash II

General music discussion.
Post Reply
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 33992
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by Marky Dread » 24 Jun 2013, 9:01pm

Cut the Crap is the much maligned Clash swan song and divides fans opinions like no other...or so we thought.

London Calling .....has a bell on it.

biopunk
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2666
Joined: 23 Aug 2009, 3:04am
Location: The Mountainous End of Canada

Re: The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by biopunk » 24 Jun 2013, 9:36pm

Oh, for the love of....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE "CLASH II".

THE CLASH IS THE CLASH IS THE CLASH.


Conversely:
Mk I - Levene
Mk II - Harper
Mk III - Headon
Mk IV - Chimes II
Mk V - Howard
Mk VI - Sheppard & White
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14433
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by Rat Patrol » 24 Jun 2013, 9:39pm

Yay. The bell cancer has metastisized to the non-LGT forums. Somebody's gonna get their wish to have Groovy Times shut down soon enough.


Jesus Christ, this band.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 33992
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by Marky Dread » 24 Jun 2013, 10:17pm

biopunk wrote:Oh, for the love of....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE "CLASH II".

THE CLASH IS THE CLASH IS THE CLASH.


Conversely:
Mk I - Levene
Mk II - Harper
Mk III - Headon
Mk IV - Chimes II
Mk V - Howard
Mk VI - Sheppard & White
You missed out Pablo LaBritain and of course Terry first time around.

So you love The Clash too.

biopunk
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2666
Joined: 23 Aug 2009, 3:04am
Location: The Mountainous End of Canada

Re: The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by biopunk » 24 Jun 2013, 10:53pm

Marky Dread wrote:
biopunk wrote:Oh, for the love of....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE "CLASH II".

THE CLASH IS THE CLASH IS THE CLASH.


Conversely:
Mk I - Levene
Mk II - Harper
Mk III - Headon
Mk IV - Chimes II
Mk V - Howard
Mk VI - Sheppard & White
You missed out Pablo LaBritain and of course Terry first time around.

So you love The Clash too.

Ooo-eer, so I did! Right again, Mista Dread, by gum!

Image

Ooo'se that onna drums?
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3987
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by muppet hi fi » 24 Jun 2013, 10:59pm

With Micky Gallhager on the Take the 5th tour they were Clash MK-something.

And in '86, with Paul on lead vocals and Joe gone, they were MK....something. (yeah I know they never played a gig or recorded anything or even rehearsed but they were still the fucken Clash you posuers).

biopunk
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2666
Joined: 23 Aug 2009, 3:04am
Location: The Mountainous End of Canada

Re: The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by biopunk » 25 Jun 2013, 12:34am

Oh, FFS....



THE CLASH IS THE CLASH IS THE CLASH.
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 33992
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by Marky Dread » 25 Jun 2013, 12:39am

biopunk wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
biopunk wrote:Oh, for the love of....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE "CLASH II".

THE CLASH IS THE CLASH IS THE CLASH.


Conversely:
Mk I - Levene
Mk II - Harper
Mk III - Headon
Mk IV - Chimes II
Mk V - Howard
Mk VI - Sheppard & White
You missed out Pablo LaBritain and of course Terry first time around.

So you love The Clash too.

Ooo-eer, so I did! Right again, Mista Dread, by gum!

Image

They were great in their power trio phase.

biopunk
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2666
Joined: 23 Aug 2009, 3:04am
Location: The Mountainous End of Canada

Re: The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by biopunk » 25 Jun 2013, 1:48am

Here ya go, ya Paul 'n Levene lovin' Limey @&*^!%&^%*&!)*!$*&@!^$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meh78 ... 1_1280.jpg
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 33992
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by Marky Dread » 25 Jun 2013, 3:40am

biopunk wrote:Here ya go, ya Paul 'n Levene lovin' Limey @&*^!%&^%*&!)*!$*&@!^$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meh78 ... 1_1280.jpg
Ha started out as a 5 piece and ....

clashrocker
Sightsee MC
Posts: 283
Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 2:14pm

Re: The Clash ...The Clash II

Post by clashrocker » 04 Jul 2013, 11:30am

biopunk wrote:Oh, for the love of....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE "CLASH II".

THE CLASH IS THE CLASH IS THE CLASH.


Conversely:
Mk I - Levene
Mk II - Harper
Mk III - Headon
Mk IV - Chimes II
Mk V - Howard
Mk VI - Sheppard & White
I have the same problem sorting out my Three Stooges squads.

Mk 1- Moe, Larry, Shemp
Mk 2- Moe, Larry, Curly
Mk 3- Moe, Larry, Shemp (again)
Mk 4- Moe, Larry, Curly (again)
Mk 5- Moe, Larry, Shemp (a third time)
Mk 6- Moe, Larry, Shemp (a third time, with Curly in one episode with hair)
Mk 7- Moe, Larry, and the third wheel that says "Stop that! It hurts!")
Mk 8- Moe, Larry and Joe Besser
Mk 9- Any combination of the above

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests