Page 10 of 10

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 05 Oct 2020, 5:22am
by Heston
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 4:49am
Heston wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 8:56pm
This Detroit show looks interesting. It's not listed as being in circulation on BMC.
Page 33 of the remaster thread my remaster has been available for ages mate.

Here's what you wrote at the time.

"Man, three songs in and this Roller Rink gig is sounding fucking great. Another one that seems to have passed me by".

I've listened back to back from this "new" source and I'm not convinced it's not just the same as what we already have.

The only problem with the version supplied to me by Xtopher from the JEMS archive was the encores were not as good as the rest of the gig. However listening to this "new" Dime upload they sound very similar to my remaster. As if someone has grabbed them from here then put on a cd then ripped the tracks and uploaded to Dime.


...and BMC does have it listed mate. It lists the original "On Eight Mile” boot which is thought to be a mono recording. But all the gig details are listed with Ted Nugent in the crowd etc.

Jackie Wilson benefit concert.
Ah right, cheers mate I've heard so many shows it's hard to keep track of what I have and haven't heard. My automatic reflex is to go to BMC to keep myself right.

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 05 Oct 2020, 5:33am
by Marky Dread
Heston wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 5:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 4:49am
Heston wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 8:56pm
This Detroit show looks interesting. It's not listed as being in circulation on BMC.
Page 33 of the remaster thread my remaster has been available for ages mate.

Here's what you wrote at the time.

"Man, three songs in and this Roller Rink gig is sounding fucking great. Another one that seems to have passed me by".

I've listened back to back from this "new" source and I'm not convinced it's not just the same as what we already have.

The only problem with the version supplied to me by Xtopher from the JEMS archive was the encores were not as good as the rest of the gig. However listening to this "new" Dime upload they sound very similar to my remaster. As if someone has grabbed them from here then put on a cd then ripped the tracks and uploaded to Dime.


...and BMC does have it listed mate. It lists the original "On Eight Mile” boot which is thought to be a mono recording. But all the gig details are listed with Ted Nugent in the crowd etc.

Jackie Wilson benefit concert.
Ah right, cheers mate I've heard so many shows it's hard to keep track of what I have and haven't heard. My automatic reflex is to go to BMC to keep myself right.
...so you've heard so many shows. ;)

I reckon I've heard the song "London Calling" more than any other man alive. Thats gotta go on a badge. :lol:

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 05 Oct 2020, 6:30am
by Heston
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 4:49am
Heston wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 8:56pm
This Detroit show looks interesting. It's not listed as being in circulation on BMC.
Page 33 of the remaster thread my remaster has been available for ages mate.

Here's what you wrote at the time.

"Man, three songs in and this Roller Rink gig is sounding fucking great. Another one that seems to have passed me by".

I've listened back to back from this "new" source and I'm not convinced it's not just the same as what we already have.

The only problem with the version supplied to me by Xtopher from the JEMS archive was the encores were not as good as the rest of the gig. However listening to this "new" Dime upload they sound very similar to my remaster. As if someone has grabbed them from here then put on a cd then ripped the tracks and uploaded to Dime.


...and BMC does have it listed mate. It lists the original "On Eight Mile” boot which is thought to be a mono recording. But all the gig details are listed with Ted Nugent in the crowd etc.

Jackie Wilson benefit concert.
I've just realised mate, I was referring to the Detroit show with the Who, crossed wires.

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 05 Oct 2020, 6:52am
by Marky Dread
Heston wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 6:30am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 4:49am
Heston wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 8:56pm
This Detroit show looks interesting. It's not listed as being in circulation on BMC.
Page 33 of the remaster thread my remaster has been available for ages mate.

Here's what you wrote at the time.

"Man, three songs in and this Roller Rink gig is sounding fucking great. Another one that seems to have passed me by".

I've listened back to back from this "new" source and I'm not convinced it's not just the same as what we already have.

The only problem with the version supplied to me by Xtopher from the JEMS archive was the encores were not as good as the rest of the gig. However listening to this "new" Dime upload they sound very similar to my remaster. As if someone has grabbed them from here then put on a cd then ripped the tracks and uploaded to Dime.


...and BMC does have it listed mate. It lists the original "On Eight Mile” boot which is thought to be a mono recording. But all the gig details are listed with Ted Nugent in the crowd etc.

Jackie Wilson benefit concert.
I've just realised mate, I was referring to the Detroit show with the Who, crossed wires.
Sorry Who are you?

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 05 Oct 2020, 9:58am
by matedog
Heston wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 6:30am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 4:49am
Heston wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 8:56pm
This Detroit show looks interesting. It's not listed as being in circulation on BMC.
Page 33 of the remaster thread my remaster has been available for ages mate.

Here's what you wrote at the time.

"Man, three songs in and this Roller Rink gig is sounding fucking great. Another one that seems to have passed me by".

I've listened back to back from this "new" source and I'm not convinced it's not just the same as what we already have.

The only problem with the version supplied to me by Xtopher from the JEMS archive was the encores were not as good as the rest of the gig. However listening to this "new" Dime upload they sound very similar to my remaster. As if someone has grabbed them from here then put on a cd then ripped the tracks and uploaded to Dime.


...and BMC does have it listed mate. It lists the original "On Eight Mile” boot which is thought to be a mono recording. But all the gig details are listed with Ted Nugent in the crowd etc.

Jackie Wilson benefit concert.
I've just realised mate, I was referring to the Detroit show with the Who, crossed wires.
I was going to say the show is well documented on BMC.

Anyway, thanks everyone for keeping on top of these new shows.

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 05 Oct 2020, 1:32pm
by weller259
I should have known it was already done, I was lazy and didn't research the site enough before I posted. I was just trying to add to this site in a positive way and instead i've mucked it all up. My apologies for the confusion.
If that person did in fact take Marky's version and pushed it as a new version of the show, I would have no way of knowing. Again, i'm sorry for the muckup.

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 05 Oct 2020, 1:58pm
by Marky Dread
weller259 wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 1:32pm
I should have known it was already done, I was lazy and didn't research the site enough before I posted. I was just trying to add to this site in a positive way and instead i've mucked it all up. My apologies for the confusion.
If that person did in fact take Marky's version and pushed it as a new version of the show, I would have no way of knowing. Again, i'm sorry for the muckup.
No apologies mate. I for one appreciate your effort in looking for something new. I had to put both files under spectral analysis to make sure. The original 128 version wasn't great. But the JEMS version was ok but it took some work as it came as three separate files with the last file that contained the encores in poorer quality. The difficulty comes in when someone grabs one of my remasters then alters it then re-ups it elsewhere. The person who uploaded it to Dime probably did it in all honesty as they may not have realised it wasn't new.

But again mate thanks very much for your effort here. It better to at least know we have it than miss out. Cheers. :approve:

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 05 Oct 2020, 6:05pm
by Inder
Thanks for putting it up w259, my Dime membership lapsed years ago so I'm missing oodles of stuff.

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 10 Oct 2020, 10:06pm
by ralfsturm
Dear fellow Clash devotees,

I am new to the Forum and have searched for the Bond's International Casino, New York, 06/08/1981 but it only seems to be available in mp3?

I'd be happy to add this show to my collection but am looking for a Lossless version.


Also I am curious if there are "complete" Shows around from Amsterdam 1981. I downloaded the 16 track boot but it does not contain "Corner Soul" (any recommendations for good live versions of that song other than the Bonds SBD?)

All kind wishes from Germany
Ralf

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 11 Oct 2020, 5:38am
by Marky Dread
Welcome Ralph

First go here for all the Bond shows.

Bond International Casino Remasters.
http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... =7&t=12777

The Amsterdam show is only the 16 tracks the full show in great quality isn't available.

Then go here.
Marky Dread Remasters
http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... =7&t=11166

Cheers
Marky

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 12 Oct 2020, 10:59am
by matedog
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 5:38am
Welcome Ralph

First go here for all the Bond shows.

Bond International Casino Remasters.
http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... =7&t=12777

The Amsterdam show is only the 16 tracks the full show in great quality isn't available.

Then go here.
Marky Dread Remasters
http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... =7&t=11166

Cheers
Marky
Just a side note, the Amsterdam show audience recording is full and very good quality (though obviously not soundboard/radio broadcast quality). Let me know if you are interested in that, Ralf.

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 12 Oct 2020, 12:33pm
by Marky Dread
matedog wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 10:59am
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 5:38am
Welcome Ralph

First go here for all the Bond shows.

Bond International Casino Remasters.
http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... =7&t=12777

The Amsterdam show is only the 16 tracks the full show in great quality isn't available.

Then go here.
Marky Dread Remasters
http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... =7&t=11166

Cheers
Marky
Just a side note, the Amsterdam show audience recording is full and very good quality (though obviously not soundboard/radio broadcast quality). Let me know if you are interested in that, Ralf.
The link is still active on the Megalist. Unless you have a different/better copy?

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 12 Oct 2020, 12:40pm
by matedog
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 12:33pm
matedog wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 10:59am
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 5:38am
Welcome Ralph

First go here for all the Bond shows.

Bond International Casino Remasters.
http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... =7&t=12777

The Amsterdam show is only the 16 tracks the full show in great quality isn't available.

Then go here.
Marky Dread Remasters
http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... =7&t=11166

Cheers
Marky
Just a side note, the Amsterdam show audience recording is full and very good quality (though obviously not soundboard/radio broadcast quality). Let me know if you are interested in that, Ralf.
The link is still active on the Megalist. Unless you have a different/better copy?
Nope. I wasn't aware the link was still good. Thanks for clarifying.

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 12 Oct 2020, 6:51pm
by ralfsturm
Thanks to both of you guys!
Have been listening to Bond shows since morning and now I came back here and downloaded the Amsterdam audience FLAC, just listening to Corner Soul...
Thank you for making this stuff available.
Eases the pain of having been born "too late"... I only was made aware of The Clash by my neighbour when I was eighteen... but that was 1988.

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Posted: 13 Oct 2020, 6:53am
by Marky Dread
ralfsturm wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 6:51pm
Thanks to both of you guys!
Have been listening to Bond shows since morning and now I came back here and downloaded the Amsterdam audience FLAC, just listening to Corner Soul...
Thank you for making this stuff available.
Eases the pain of having been born "too late"... I only was made aware of The Clash by my neighbour when I was eighteen... but that was 1988.
Cheers Ralf never too late to enjoy The Clash.