Getting Warmer

Online music exchange.

Getting Warmer

Post by Guest »

Re: Getting Warmer

Post by Guest »

And he disbanded the clash after seeing this.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DftyfmU1X ... re=related

80's not so good after all

Post by Guest »

At least we can see where the clash made there last stand.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rV8_Thgt6 ... re=related

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

Man, how rad would it be if this footage was ever found? I'd be giddy.

P.S. I know there was somebody shooting the Clash show. I know much of the rest of the gig actually aired and circulates. Is there any proof that the Clash gig ever aired or that anybody has the footage and it wasn't destroyed?
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

DrugProwlingWolf wrote:Man, how rad would it be if this footage was ever found? I'd be giddy.

P.S. I know there was somebody shooting the Clash show. I know much of the rest of the gig actually aired and circulates. Is there any proof that the Clash gig ever aired or that anybody has the footage and it wasn't destroyed?
Confirmed here by an attendee of the Festival (scroll to bottom): http://homepage.mac.com/blackmarketclas ... thens.html

The Clash were the headliners, so if the supporting acts were getting broadcast on TV then The Clash almost certainly were. I think the main problem with this one surfacing has been that that show was the one and only time the band ever set foot in Greece. So those fans weren't as networked in to the tape-trading community that built up in the wake of more frequent stops in the rest of Western Europe.

Post by Guest »

Or the fact that the idiot that is kosmo vinyl, in his stupid accent said " no filming, no filming, you can't watch the clash on tv" or something in the similar vein to the roskilde festival , hence depriving fans a historical document, i sincerely hope this isn't the case and that this exsists SOMEWHERE

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Guest wrote:Or the fact that the idiot that is kosmo vinyl, in his stupid accent said " no filming, no filming, you can't watch the clash on tv" or something in the similar vein to the roskilde festival , hence depriving fans a historical document, i sincerely hope this isn't the case and that this exsists SOMEWHERE
It does. The festival was supposed to be simulcast on TV unlike Roskilde where the film crew was unauthorized. It would've been in The Clash's contract for playing the festival, just like it was for all the US Festival TV/radio rights. The whole damn thing was telecast, and they were the headliners. There's not only got to be dozens of surviving VHS first-gen copies in people's collections but also the masters at the TV network. Blame it on the band not hitting Greece for the very first time until the very last show for the frustrating elusiveness. The other bands there made more regular return trips, therefore there's a more active trading community for the Athens '85 stuff.

It'll happen. The Clash commercial renaissance is probably on delayed-reaction in that country because they weren't in that market the first time around, but people in possession of this are getting wiser to the fact that there's demand for it.

Post by Guest »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Guest wrote:Or the fact that the idiot that is kosmo vinyl, in his stupid accent said " no filming, no filming, you can't watch the clash on tv" or something in the similar vein to the roskilde festival , hence depriving fans a historical document, i sincerely hope this isn't the case and that this exsists SOMEWHERE
It does. The festival was supposed to be simulcast on TV unlike Roskilde where the film crew was unauthorized. It would've been in The Clash's contract for playing the festival, just like it was for all the US Festival TV/radio rights. The whole damn thing was telecast, and they were the headliners. There's not only got to be dozens of surviving VHS first-gen copies in people's collections but also the masters at the TV network. Blame it on the band not hitting Greece for the very first time until the very last show for the frustrating elusiveness. The other bands there made more regular return trips, therefore there's a more active trading community for the Athens '85 stuff.

It'll happen. The Clash commercial renaissance is probably on delayed-reaction in that country because they weren't in that market the first time around, but people in possession of this are getting wiser to the fact that there's demand for it.
Thanks Rat, I'm glad like me you hold out hope, peace an love

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Can anyone speak Greek? We could put a shout out on one of the major message boards in the country.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board