Upping Street Vinyl Mix?

Online music exchange.
TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Upping Street Vinyl Mix?

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Does anyone have the actual original vinyl mixes of Hollywood Boulevard and V. Thirteen? Everything I have sounds exactly like the original Columbia U.S. CD, including my original U.S. vinyl pressing that I just did a needle drop of, and some YouTube videos claiming to be the vinyl mix. My understanding is that all CDs contain the remixes done for the videos.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Upping Street Vinyl Mix?

Post by Heston »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 7:33pm
Does anyone have the actual original vinyl mixes of Hollywood Boulevard and V. Thirteen? Everything I have sounds exactly like the original Columbia U.S. CD, including my original U.S. vinyl pressing that I just did a needle drop of, and some YouTube videos claiming to be the vinyl mix. My understanding is that all CDs contain the remixes done for the videos.
Pretty sure the first UK CD release had the original mixes. I will have a dig around tomorrow if no one sorts you out in the meantime.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Hey TeddyB, check this out - pretty sure this is what you're looking for. I uploaded this CD-R bin/cue rip back in 2015.

https://mega.nz/#!F9lgDShQ!sU2KYCNTn7QH ... ZdWho3SBJI

Here's the full thread for context:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10387

Heston, that CD-R is from a good (but not excellent) vinyl rip, so if you have the original mixes on a pressed CD that would be awesome.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Ha! Thanks, Hes. Turns out these are the same mixes I have on CD and vinyl. What I don't have on my iTunes are the remixes! No wonder they were all the same. I found the remixes on my Big Audio Looking For A Song best-of promo...

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Still216 wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 7:57pm
Hey TeddyB, check this out - pretty sure this is what you're looking for. I uploaded this CD-R bin/cue rip back in 2015.

https://mega.nz/#!F9lgDShQ!sU2KYCNTn7QH ... ZdWho3SBJI

Here's the full thread for context:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10387

Heston, that CD-R is from a good (but not excellent) vinyl rip, so if you have the original mixes on a pressed CD that would be awesome.
Holy smokes, Still! You back!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Damn, I read too fast. Thanks very much for the upload, Still.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

What's the differences between the two, just so i know what i'm listening out for.

Heston

Post by Heston »

white man wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 1:26am
What's the differences between the two, just so i know what i'm listening out for.
Original mix of V13 has less heavy guitar and a meeker vocal from Mick. It also has a little drum fill before the song kicks in after the sample at the beginning. The remix was used as the single version and the video. I still maintain it is a remake rather than a remix. The vocal and every single instrument is different as far as I can tell.

The original HB has the Peter O'Toole sample at the start.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Thanks for the clarification. I have the original CD and the vinyl but couldn't work out the differences in those two tracks. Glad to find out there isn't any! For anyone on Amazon Unlimited, I think that has the later remake versions.

Was it the Eastenders theme featuring prominently on the original V13?

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Double post
Last edited by laxman on 16 Jul 2020, 6:35am, edited 1 time in total.

Heston

Post by Heston »

laxman wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 2:45am
Thanks for the clarification. I have the original CD and the vinyl but couldn't work out the differences in those two tracks. Glad to find out there isn't any! For anyone on Amazon Unlimited, I think that has the later remake versions.

Was it the Eastenders theme featuring prominently on the original V13?
Yes, it is in both versions.

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Flex wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 9:30pm
Thanks, Flex! Yeah, past five or years or so have been crazy and I've been kinda off the Clash/IMCT bus, but I'm fixing to get back on.
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 1:23am
Damn, I read too fast. Thanks very much for the upload, Still.
You're welcome, TeddyB!
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Heston

Post by Heston »

Good to see you around Still.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Still216 wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 11:35am
Flex wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 9:30pm
Thanks, Flex! Yeah, past five or years or so have been crazy and I've been kinda off the Clash/IMCT bus, but I'm fixing to get back on.
The more pressing question is, are you *still* 216?

Glad you're back, man. :cool:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft