BRILLIANT! Thanks a LOT Tappy!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: some BAD...

Post by Silent Majority »

esmark wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 2:58pm
BRILLIANT! Thanks a LOT Tappy!
Many thanks Vol 10. I had lost 46664, a song I love.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

Thanks so much for posting the Trenton show. It comes with a little backstory for me. I won tickets to the show via a local radio station & I was incredibly excited as you might imagine. While on the phone giving them my info, they asked my age & at that time I was still 15 & they informed me that I was too young to enter so they had to give the tix to someone else. I was gutted. For many years I thought I had missed my only chance at seeing the original lineup (I saw BAD II a number of times) but thankfully the boys decided to give it another go 😊

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 12:57pm
Oh, I always thought Sheffield Leadmill was the first gig!
So does Mick.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 11:08pm
MarkyJacobs wrote:
So does Mick.
So is that a conformation from Mick or still guesswork?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 9:18am
14 Feb 2019, 11:08pm
MarkyJacobs wrote:
So does Mick.
So is that a conformation from Mick or still guesswork?
It would make sense - the Clash's first gig was in Sheffield.....
Joining the Street Parade

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I was telling Mick that there was a pretty good tape of Sheffield, and he responded that was the first BAD gig. I told him there was some discussion of whether Glasgow was earlier. He said, well then, those were the two first two, that trip North. However, his first thought without prodding was that Sheffield was first, and he has a damn good memory.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

15 Feb 2019, 3:57pm
I was telling Mick that there was a pretty good tape of Sheffield, and he responded that was the first BAD gig. I told him there was some discussion of whether Glasgow was earlier. He said, well then, those were the two first two, that trip North. However, his first thought without prodding was that Sheffield was first, and he has a damn good memory.
That's good enough for me. Cheers Teddy.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

According to Mike Peters...
October 6th 1984 The Alarm Nightmoves, Glasgow (Opening act Big Audio Dynamite)

“I got a phone call from Ian Flooks who was the main agent at Wasted Talent. He asked if The Alarm would take an opening act of his choosing for the dates in Glasgow and Sheffield. “No problem”, I said not knowing who the band was going to be. I was on the stage sound checking with The Alarm, when in walked Mick Jones from The Clash along with Don Letts. I was absolutely stunned. I couldn’t believe that Big Audio Dynamite was Mick Jones’ new band, and that they were going to make their first ever ‘live’ appearance opening for The Alarm. I had met Mick Jones a few times at the pub on Alexander Street (next door to Wasted Talent at number 28), and even went back to his house one night (with Mike Scott from The Waterboys). Mick was playing us this new music of his with audio samples from films and he had banks of video tape recorders going. It was pretty surreal and as it turned out, way ahead of it’s time. Mick Jones was very down to earth as was Don Letts, and I watched them play from the side of the stage and was so impressed. All the video technology was now totally integrated into the sound of a great rock band. They played songs which I would later recognise on the first BAD album” – Mike Peters

October 7th 1984 The Alarm The Leadmill, Sheffield (Opening act Big Audio Dynamite)

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

esmark wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 4:08pm

“I got a phone call from Ian Flooks who was the main agent at Wasted Talent. He asked if The Alarm would take an opening act of his choosing for the dates in Glasgow and Sheffield. “No problem”, I said not knowing who the band was going to be. I was on the stage sound checking with The Alarm, when in walked Mick Jones from The Clash along with Don Letts. I was absolutely stunned. I couldn’t believe that Big Audio Dynamite was Mick Jones’ new band, and that they were going to make their first ever ‘live’ appearance opening for The Alarm. I had met Mick Jones a few times at the pub on Alexander Street (next door to Wasted Talent at number 28), and even went back to his house one night (with Mike Scott from The Waterboys). Mick was playing us this new music of his with audio samples from films and he had banks of video tape recorders going. It was pretty surreal and as it turned out, way ahead of it’s time. Mick Jones was very down to earth as was Don Letts, and I watched them play from the side of the stage and was so impressed. All the video technology was now totally integrated into the sound of a great rock band. They played songs which I would later recognise on the first BAD album” – Mike Peters

October 7th 1984 The Alarm The Leadmill, Sheffield (Opening act Big Audio Dynamite)
Brilliant, cheers Es.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

esmark wrote:

That is great Es!
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

esmark wrote:

Cheers ee.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

Some more nice Clash/Joe stories here: http://thealarm.com/strength-an-oral-hi ... o-tuesday/

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Anyone able to get this one off the Dime? It is a show we already have, the 1018 Club show but from what I can tell it's an alt audience source, including a full 1999. The version Esmark has on here cuts off after 2 and a half minutes. http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=638687

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Did not know this one existed, trying to download but Mega says file no longer available. If someone could post a working link for this i'd be very grateful. Thanks.

1989-09-22 - City Gardens, Trenton, New Jersey
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope