BRILLIANT! Thanks a LOT Tappy!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: some BAD...

Post by Silent Majority » 13 Feb 2019, 5:34pm

esmark wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 2:58pm
BRILLIANT! Thanks a LOT Tappy!
Many thanks Vol 10. I had lost 46664, a song I love.
There's a lot of wreckage in the ravine

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit » 14 Feb 2019, 10:41am

Thanks so much for posting the Trenton show. It comes with a little backstory for me. I won tickets to the show via a local radio station & I was incredibly excited as you might imagine. While on the phone giving them my info, they asked my age & at that time I was still 15 & they informed me that I was too young to enter so they had to give the tix to someone else. I was gutted. For many years I thought I had missed my only chance at seeing the original lineup (I saw BAD II a number of times) but thankfully the boys decided to give it another go 😊

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 14 Feb 2019, 11:08pm

MarkyJacobs wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 12:57pm
Oh, I always thought Sheffield Leadmill was the first gig!
So does Mick.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Feb 2019, 9:18am

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 11:08pm
MarkyJacobs wrote:
So does Mick.
So is that a conformation from Mick or still guesswork?

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny » 15 Feb 2019, 12:24pm

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 9:18am
14 Feb 2019, 11:08pm
MarkyJacobs wrote:
So does Mick.
So is that a conformation from Mick or still guesswork?
It would make sense - the Clash's first gig was in Sheffield.....
Joining the Street Parade

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 15 Feb 2019, 3:57pm

I was telling Mick that there was a pretty good tape of Sheffield, and he responded that was the first BAD gig. I told him there was some discussion of whether Glasgow was earlier. He said, well then, those were the two first two, that trip North. However, his first thought without prodding was that Sheffield was first, and he has a damn good memory.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Feb 2019, 8:06pm

15 Feb 2019, 3:57pm
I was telling Mick that there was a pretty good tape of Sheffield, and he responded that was the first BAD gig. I told him there was some discussion of whether Glasgow was earlier. He said, well then, those were the two first two, that trip North. However, his first thought without prodding was that Sheffield was first, and he has a damn good memory.
That's good enough for me. Cheers Teddy.

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark » 11 Mar 2019, 4:08pm

According to Mike Peters...
October 6th 1984 The Alarm Nightmoves, Glasgow (Opening act Big Audio Dynamite)

“I got a phone call from Ian Flooks who was the main agent at Wasted Talent. He asked if The Alarm would take an opening act of his choosing for the dates in Glasgow and Sheffield. “No problem”, I said not knowing who the band was going to be. I was on the stage sound checking with The Alarm, when in walked Mick Jones from The Clash along with Don Letts. I was absolutely stunned. I couldn’t believe that Big Audio Dynamite was Mick Jones’ new band, and that they were going to make their first ever ‘live’ appearance opening for The Alarm. I had met Mick Jones a few times at the pub on Alexander Street (next door to Wasted Talent at number 28), and even went back to his house one night (with Mike Scott from The Waterboys). Mick was playing us this new music of his with audio samples from films and he had banks of video tape recorders going. It was pretty surreal and as it turned out, way ahead of it’s time. Mick Jones was very down to earth as was Don Letts, and I watched them play from the side of the stage and was so impressed. All the video technology was now totally integrated into the sound of a great rock band. They played songs which I would later recognise on the first BAD album” – Mike Peters

October 7th 1984 The Alarm The Leadmill, Sheffield (Opening act Big Audio Dynamite)

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston » 11 Mar 2019, 4:58pm

esmark wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 4:08pm

“I got a phone call from Ian Flooks who was the main agent at Wasted Talent. He asked if The Alarm would take an opening act of his choosing for the dates in Glasgow and Sheffield. “No problem”, I said not knowing who the band was going to be. I was on the stage sound checking with The Alarm, when in walked Mick Jones from The Clash along with Don Letts. I was absolutely stunned. I couldn’t believe that Big Audio Dynamite was Mick Jones’ new band, and that they were going to make their first ever ‘live’ appearance opening for The Alarm. I had met Mick Jones a few times at the pub on Alexander Street (next door to Wasted Talent at number 28), and even went back to his house one night (with Mike Scott from The Waterboys). Mick was playing us this new music of his with audio samples from films and he had banks of video tape recorders going. It was pretty surreal and as it turned out, way ahead of it’s time. Mick Jones was very down to earth as was Don Letts, and I watched them play from the side of the stage and was so impressed. All the video technology was now totally integrated into the sound of a great rock band. They played songs which I would later recognise on the first BAD album” – Mike Peters

October 7th 1984 The Alarm The Leadmill, Sheffield (Opening act Big Audio Dynamite)
Brilliant, cheers Es.
Why should I plan for the future? Let the future make plans for me.

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny » 11 Mar 2019, 6:22pm

esmark wrote:

That is great Es!
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 11 Mar 2019, 7:34pm

esmark wrote:

Cheers ee.

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark » 12 Mar 2019, 1:04pm

Some more nice Clash/Joe stories here: http://thealarm.com/strength-an-oral-hi ... o-tuesday/