Grabbing Audio Off of Wolfgangs

Online music exchange.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Grabbing Audio Off of Wolfgangs

Post by matedog »

Some kind soul grabbed the 2/13/79 show from Wolfgangs for the megalist. I'm looking to grab other shows and was wondering how that person got it.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Re: Grabbing Audio Off of Wolfgangs

Post by Still216 »

matedog wrote:Some kind soul grabbed the 2/13/79 show from Wolfgangs for the megalist. I'm looking to grab other shows and was wondering how that person got it.
That was me. I used Goldwave for PC (the shareware version is fully functional). Once you've installed it, you have to go into audio prefs for your soundcard and tweak the sliders (the default settings probably won't let you capture the audio stream). It's different based on whatever your soundcard is, but there should be a set of sliders for the soundcard input / recording options. You can watch the recording meters in Goldwave while you adjust the sliders, once the level is bouncing just into the red you should be set. You also want to turn off AIM, email programs, or anything else that randomly plays sounds, as those will be captured along with whatever you're recording.

If you have any specific questions or problems with it, PM me and I can help you out.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority