Lochem Festival audience recording from DIme?

Online music exchange.
mcintyrepoet
Dirty Punk

Lochem Festival audience recording from DIme?

Post by mcintyrepoet »

Any one downloaded this and if not what's the story?

Source: audience recording on a Sony D-5 (or it might have been a Marantz pro cassette deck, don't know the model) & Sennheiser MKH404 mics (I think . . . I could be wrong here)
Lineage: master cassette > reel @ 3.75 ips > reel @ 3.75 ips > HD > wav Encoding: CDWave > flac frontend > flac Recorded by: a friend of a friend Transfer by: Pantagruel File Size: 619 MB (FLAC)
Notes:
An audience recording of this show was seeded on Dime about six months ago. Judging from the samples of that torrent, it appeared to be a higher generation version of this recording. Way back then, I promised to transfer and seed this cleaner sounding version. Took a little longer than expected, sorry.
The taper, who I only knew vaguely, was a Deadhead who flew from LA over to England for the Dead's mini-tour of Europe in March of '81. He stayed on in Europe for a couple of months and recorded some other shows, including this one. I think he did a creditable job. (Footnote: this guy claimed to have made an audience recording of the big Who/Dead Rockpalast show in March, and he further claimed that it "blew away" the radio broadcast. He said Townshend's guitar was really loud in the hall when he sat in with the Dead, and that it was amazing. Unfortunately, I never got to hear it, and it appears to be lost in the mists of time).
Couple comments: There are volume fluctuations in the first 10 minutes or so. There's a tape flip/cut right in the middle of "Magnificent Seven," at about 02:37. Finally, it sounds like the taper stopped the tape after "Armagideon Time," and re-started after the beginning of "London's Burning," not sure how much is missing, but probably not much. However, the quality changes noticeably, and it also sounds like he's moved to the back of the hall.
Please check out the samples before downloading. And then turn it up!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Lochem Festival audience recording from DIme?

Post by matedog »

I've read that spiel a few times. You'd think if it was on Dime that at least someone here would have picked it up which apparently is not the case. Therefore I am skeptical.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

klam44
Dirty Punk

Post by klam44 »

I found this info

artist The Clash
date 1981-05-10
venue Jaap Eden Hall
location Amsterdam, The Netherlands
notes
disc 168
setlist Disc 1
01 Intro/walk on
02 London Calling
03 Safe European Home
04 The Leader
05 Somebody Got Murdered
06 White Man In Hammersmith Palais
07 The Guns Of Brixton
08 Lightning Strikes
09 Complete Control
10 Corner Soul
11 Ivan Meets G.I. Joe
12 Radio Clash

Disc Two
01 Charlie Don't Surf
02 The Magnificent Seven
03 Bankrobber
04 Wrong 'Em Boyo
05 Train In Vain
06 Career Opportunities
07 Clampdown
08 One More Time
09 Brand New Cadillac
10 Street Parade
11 I Fought The Law
12 Washington Bullets
13 Armagideon Time
14 London's Burning

Source: audience recording on a Sony D-5 (or it might have been a Marantz pro cassette deck, don't know the model) & Sennheiser MKH404 mics (I think . . . I could be wrong here)
Lineage: master cassette > reel @ 3.75 ips > reel @ 3.75 ips > HD > wav
Encoding: CDWave > flac frontend > flac
Recorded by: a friend of a friend
Transfer by: Pantagruel

The source & Linage etc is worded the same as for Lochem.

klam44
Dirty Punk

Post by klam44 »

If you type this line from BMC into Google Couple comments: There are volume fluctuations in the first 10 minutes or so. There's a tape flip/cut right in the middle of "Magnificent Seven," at about 02:37 this is what it comes up with http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Couple ... f&filter=0
All seem to be The Clash,Jaap Eden Hall,Amsterdam, The Netherlands,1981-05-10 .
Like Matedog said a bit skeptical and I would have had it had it been up on Dime.