bmc

Online music exchange.
bmc

bmc

Post by bmc »

Here is a 10 track soundboard up from the Cleveland Agora 2 feb 79 from the chap that recorded it. It needs 'hijacking' thats all. Anyone up for it? Registration is easy free and immediate.

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/t ... -7256.html

Cheers

AdamRamone
Dirty Punk

Re: bmc

Post by AdamRamone »

I can get it for you guys, just give me about 45 minutes.
big business it dont like you

AdamRamone
Dirty Punk

Post by AdamRamone »

oi, its fucking censored. :angry:

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

AdamRamone wrote:oi, its fucking censored. :angry:
Someone uploaded it before. I failed at putting it on the list :disshame:
I should have it around here somewhere...
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Boom!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C4ZYSR2I

Adding to the megalist. Thank you to whoever originally did the grunt work of obtaining this (I can't remember, it was pre-crash)
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I think I posted the lionk to the show before the crash - I don't know how to rip/upload, etc.

The Wolfgang site has a lot of shows - mostly hit and miss (and mostly miss!) - and they are usually older shows (mid-60's on) - but every now and then you get a decent band/show.

AdamRamone
Dirty Punk

Post by AdamRamone »

I ripped it at 320kbps. any takers?

Tim Bucknall

Post by Tim Bucknall »

AdamRamone wrote:I ripped it at 320kbps. any takers?
brilliant thanks mate

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Thank you matedog, and everyone else involved in getting this up. This was my first Clash boot (on cassette) and still one of my fave shows. Nice to have this alternate source - much clearer sounding.
I don't want to be ungrateful but it's mono, and other boots of this are in glorious true stereo. Is that the way it's posted at Wolfgang's vault? is that the norm for that place? (maybe it keeps filesizes low or something) I've heard of Wolfgang's but never used it before :huh:
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

JohnS wrote:
Thank you matedog, and everyone else involved in getting this up. This was my first Clash boot (on cassette) and still one of my fave shows. Nice to have this alternate source - much clearer sounding.
I don't want to be ungrateful but it's mono, and other boots of this are in glorious true stereo. Is that the way it's posted at Wolfgang's vault? is that the norm for that place? (maybe it keeps filesizes low or something) I've heard of Wolfgang's but never used it before :huh:
I was the one who ripped the copy from Wolfgang's back before the IMCT crash. Wolfgang's source, at least for the Clash show, is in mono - I was recording with Goldwave which records in stereo if the source is stereo (I record streaming audio with it all the time, and have verified this). I don't really know what Wolfgang's audio standard is, they use their own proprietary pop-up player.

The older Cleveland '79 boot I'm more familiar with has the two guitars at hard left and right. Sounds about three generations removed from Wolfgang's source though...
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Thanks for the info Still - and for copying the Wolfgang source originally. Much obliged.
On further listening I think the Wolfgang version is stereo after all, but in a different 'narrower' mix: the audience sounds have some stereo spread, and there's some L-R separation on the vocals, but the instruments have been folded down into the centre. More accurate to how they'd have sounded in the venue, although I have a soft spot too for the 'hard left/right' mix on the guitars.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres