Boots Galore - The Megalist REMASTERED!

Online music exchange.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Boots Galore - The Megalist REMASTERED!

Post by matedog »

Alright, there are clearly extensive problems with the lossless uploads. Unfortunately, I don't have the original files for most of them as they died with my external hard drive. Otherwise, fixing them would be a lot easier. I have troubleshooted extensively and I'm still uncertain as to why neither .rar nor zip files upload properly in lossless format (i'm guessing something to do with the size).

Anyway, I will get on this in the future and will do a complete overhaul and hopefully get things straight. It will take a tremendous amount of time so bare with me until then. Updates forthcoming most likely in the new year.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:Alright, there are clearly extensive problems with the lossless uploads. Unfortunately, I don't have the original files for most of them as they died with my external hard drive. Otherwise, fixing them would be a lot easier. I have troubleshooted extensively and I'm still uncertain as to why neither .rar nor zip files upload properly in lossless format (i'm guessing something to do with the size).

Anyway, I will get on this in the future and will do a complete overhaul and hopefully get things straight. It will take a tremendous amount of time so bare with me until then. Updates forthcoming most likely in the new year.
I've had no problem extracting all of these using 7Zip. It honks with corruption error messages, but every single track has been whole and playable. Try using that and see if it makes a difference.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:
matedog wrote:Alright, there are clearly extensive problems with the lossless uploads. Unfortunately, I don't have the original files for most of them as they died with my external hard drive. Otherwise, fixing them would be a lot easier. I have troubleshooted extensively and I'm still uncertain as to why neither .rar nor zip files upload properly in lossless format (i'm guessing something to do with the size).

I've had no problem extracting all of these using 7Zip. It honks with corruption error messages, but every single track has been whole and playable. Try using that and see if it makes a difference.
That's weird because I used that program and for example, it says that the 1979-12-27 Clampdown is broken but it still extracts it seemingly without error.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

That's weird because I used that program and for example, it says that the 1979-12-27 Clampdown is broken but it still extracts it seemingly without error.
Yep. It'll spit out the big scary error message, but all the files are there completely intact and completely playable. It pops the error on every single MList lossless d/l, but I have never ever had a problem getting all files to extract and all files to play start-to-finish.

lenoplaf
Corner Soul

Post by lenoplaf »

Hi

thanks for the tip with 7.zip

the program manages to extract the files even in case of errors.

will check the result when listening and burning.

Bye from france

matedog

Post by matedog »

thewaymouth wrote:
DID NOT WORK SO FINE AT ALL:
1979-12-27 FLAC Files
Downloads\1979-12-27 - Hammersmith Odeon - London, UK.rar: CRC failed in 1979-12-27 - Hammersmith Odeon - London, UK\05 - Clampdown.flac. The file is corrupt
I tried using Rattie's method on this one, rezipping, and reupping. Tell me if this ones downloads and extracts properly:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UV9ITKJB

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

A lot of the 82 shows are at the wrong speed. It makes such a huge difference in sound quality when the speed is off.

matedog

Post by matedog »

IkarisOne wrote:A lot of the 82 shows are at the wrong speed. It makes such a huge difference in sound quality when the speed is off.
A lot of all shows are messed up re: speed. The 1980-06-10 soundboard would be awesome if it wasn't performed by the chipmunks. I did a speed correction of the 1979-02-13 Cleveland show because it is so awesome. Maybe the 6/10 show should be next.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Here's the speed-corrected 8/18/82- this is a Top 5 show of this tour. Very low Joe mix. More to come

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9O2RG4GK

BTW the 6/18/82 MP3 is corrupted.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

IkarisOne wrote:Here's the speed-corrected 8/18/82- this is a Top 5 show of this tour. Very low Joe mix. More to come

Cheers that man.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Marky Dread wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:Here's the speed-corrected 8/18/82- this is a Top 5 show of this tour. Very low Joe mix. More to come

Cheers that man.
Cheers backatcha. Enjoy.

hfh
Corner Soul

Post by hfh »

Just wondering if anyone could point me to an equivalent site for downloading Pistols and/or Buzzcocks live shows...

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

hfh wrote:Just wondering if anyone could point me to an equivalent site for downloading Pistols and/or Buzzcocks live shows...
Punktorrents
I've never come across any equivalent sites for those two. In fact, i'm sure Lydon would soon have a Pistols one shut down.

dpwolf
Long Time Jerk

Post by dpwolf »

Thanks very much.
then don't go killing all the bees