Boots Galore - The Megalist REMASTERED!

Online music exchange.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Boots Galore - The Megalist REMASTERED!

Post by matedog »

Thanks bmc for the recap. I think the most worthwhile shows were the Music Machine 78 shows, the Palladium Super 8 video, and the Japan shows. Too many Terry shows though! :angry:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

All around good year for rare unseen and unheard Clash stuff. Still need some more of the sought after boots to show up.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Chuck Mangione wrote:All around good year for rare unseen and unheard Clash stuff. Still need some more of the sought after boots to show up.
I can always run a Matedog Shakedown on the guy with the Monterey footage.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:All around good year for rare unseen and unheard Clash stuff. Still need some more of the sought after boots to show up.
There's also the Target Video footage from Feb '79.

bmc
Dirty Punk

Post by bmc »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
matedog wrote:
There's also the Target Video footage from Feb '79.
We do have that listed on the gig page but its not on the list of videos. I don't believe this footage has ever surfaced TMK.

longtimejerk
Dirty Punk

Post by longtimejerk »

Anyone have the orginal 1/24/82 Shibuya??

matedog

Post by matedog »

longtimejerk wrote:Anyone have the orginal 1/24/82 Shibuya??
LTJ, does this work?: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MA63QGMM

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

We're workin' on that; have no fear. --> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7799.

If anyone has some immediate requests I'll do my best to put them up individually. Don't expect instant service, but I'll volunteer for that. I'll get Shibuya Kohkaido 1/24/82 up later today on the Shibuya 30th anniversary thread in the Last Gang forum: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7797.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

It's gonna be a huge bitch to get this rolling again.

Faucet
Corner Soul

Post by Faucet »

I just discovered this list at the end of last year and have spent the last few months working through the '76 and '77 boots. Now I come back to download the '78 shows and of course they're gone. Wish I'd taken the time to download everything when I could. Gutted. What am I going to do now on my commute? Will they ever come back up?

Great work from the people who made it happen in the first place. At least I have the early years.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

It's gonna take awhile, but we'll get the rebuild underway. Picking a new download host has been difficult because too many of them have space limitations, and too many of them are at high-risk of getting aerial-droned out of the sky by the copyright cops for having loose morals.

I'm ready to get underway u/l'ing the high-priority shows if we could come to some sort of consensus on what's the most flexible, lowest risk host of choice.

darter
Sightsee MC

Post by darter »

This may seem a bit complicated but I'd think about diversifying. Maybe....

Put up a grid (like a spreadsheet) with the concert names/dates and then several sites where they can be placed. If one site goes down, the others remain. Uploaders can look at the grid to see what cell need populating to maintain redundancy. So the goal is not to just put up a list, but keep the grid filled. Kinda like the origins of the internet - survive the big one.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

darter wrote:This may seem a bit complicated but I'd think about diversifying. Maybe....

Put up a grid (like a spreadsheet) with the concert names/dates and then several sites where they can be placed. If one site goes down, the others remain. Uploaders can look at the grid to see what cell need populating to maintain redundancy. So the goal is not to just put up a list, but keep the grid filled. Kinda like the origins of the internet - survive the big one.
That's not a bad idea. Something like Sharebee, maybe?

Philby
Dirty Punk

Post by Philby »

Rat Patrol wrote:It's gonna take awhile, but we'll get the rebuild underway. Picking a new download host has been difficult because too many of them have space limitations, and too many of them are at high-risk of getting aerial-droned out of the sky by the copyright cops for having loose morals.

I'm ready to get underway u/l'ing the high-priority shows if we could come to some sort of consensus on what's the most flexible, lowest risk host of choice.
I'd like to help with what I can. I believe that I have at least 2 backup copies for the Clash/BAD/Joe content that was available here (and elsewhere like Dime). However, I have unzipped everthing for expanded storage and converted most FLAC files to WAVs. I'll help out with content where I can but will need upload assistance when the time comes.

Thanks,
Philby