Clint Eastwood and General Saint

Online music exchange.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Clint Eastwood and General Saint

Post by Heston »

I'm putting out my annual shout in my continuing hunt for Last Plane (One Way Ticket) by Clint Eastwood and General Saint. 25 years and counting I've been looking for this minor UK reggae hit from 1984!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

slimeydave
Dirty Punk

Re: Clint Eastwood and General Saint

Post by slimeydave »

I still like cheese

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

wait no longer, I'll megaupload you the track shortly or if you prefer another method of delivery let me know. Quality at 320kbs, track length 7:26.

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

ok, here is the megaupload link, hope this works for you. If not, let me know & we'll find another way. Cheers
sonburn

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NRXG7Z1M

Heston

Post by Heston »

sonnyburnit wrote:ok, here is the megaupload link, hope this works for you. If not, let me know & we'll find another way. Cheers
sonburn

I can't download at the moment as I'm not at home, but a big thanks in advance Sonny, it looks like I've found my holy grail. This has never turned up on Limewire/YouTube etc., I thought I was never gonna get it.

Cheers again mate!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

happy to help you find what you've been looking for, enjoy!!!!!

Heston

Post by Heston »

sonnyburnit wrote:ok, here is the megaupload link, hope this works for you. If not, let me know & we'll find another way. Cheers
sonburn

I've finally arrived home to download and the link worked. Thanks again Sonny, I've just been skanking around my kitchen to a tune that holds a lot of sentimental value to me and I'm buzzing.

Cheers man. :approve:

ps. Did you have the tune in your collection or did you find a link somewhere? I don't know anyone else who's even heard of this song.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I remember them however after to listening to that I am sure I haven't heard it before.

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:I remember them however after to listening to that I am sure I haven't heard it before.
I don't remember the actual single, I had an old video tape of bands playing live on the Tube and this was the one that used to get everyone up dancing on a Friday night after the pub. Good memories.

I've just listened to it about 13 times. :mrgreen:

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

i'd love to tell you that i had in my collection as i think i have one of the best reggae selections this side of Kingston but I saw your post, quickly opened good ol' soulseek & was able to track it down. i'm just happy to help someone out who is looking for a song that means something to them, i've been on those quests before myself!!!!

Heston

Post by Heston »

sonnyburnit wrote:i'd love to tell you that i had in my collection as i think i have one of the best reggae selections this side of Kingston but I saw your post, quickly opened good ol' soulseek & was able to track it down. i'm just happy to help someone out who is looking for a song that means something to them, i've been on those quests before myself!!!!
Hmmm, Soulseek, I may have to invesigate. ;)

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
sonnyburnit wrote:i'd love to tell you that i had in my collection as i think i have one of the best reggae selections this side of Kingston but I saw your post, quickly opened good ol' soulseek & was able to track it down. i'm just happy to help someone out who is looking for a song that means something to them, i've been on those quests before myself!!!!
Hmmm, Soulseek, I may have to invesigate. ;)
Hello,

Soulseek is quite good at locating stuff long out of print - easy to manage as well. I found some stuff by the Neighborhoods (Boston band) long out of print and was oringinally only on vinyl.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

ANUDER ONE BITES DE DUST OINK!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

It finally turned up on YouTube! :approve:

[youtube][/youtube]

Loads YouTube to mp3 converter

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I used to own the 12'' of "Another One Bites The Dust" by CE & GS on Greensleeves would love to hear that again.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia