PiL Stuff?

Online music exchange.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: PiL Stuff?

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Ithink there are a few different mixes of "Rise" the "Album" version is different. I'm going to investigate this.
According to Fodderstompf.com, the Rise album and 12" versions are the same, the 7" version is an edit. Supposedly, both the 7" and 12" "instrumental" versions are the same.
The version of Rise on Greatest Hits,So Far is a different mix the jangly guitar is lower down in the mix with the emphasis on the big chord being higher in the mix also a completely different piece of guitar work in the middle of the track. will upload it if anyone wants it.

ADDENDEM: Beaten to the punch.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

grape_ape
Corner Soul

Post by grape_ape »

The one I made the files from was actually the radio promo one with the Elektra sleeve. The edited version is about 2 minutes shorter than the album version. The only other version that comes to mind is the Bob Clearmountain remix that's on "Greatest Hits So Far..."

[Edit: Beaten to the punch x2!]

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

grape_ape wrote:The one I made the files from was actually the radio promo one with the Elektra sleeve. The edited version is about 2 minutes shorter than the album version. The only other version that comes to mind is the Bob Clearmountain remix that's on "Greatest Hits So Far..."

[Edit: Beaten to the punch x2!]
Cheers grape ape I couldn't remember who remixed the Greatest Hits, So Far version.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

grape_ape wrote:The one I made the files from was actually the radio promo one with the Elektra sleeve. The edited version is about 2 minutes shorter than the album version.
So are you admitting that you stole my copy of the vinyl …? :shifty: (I honestly don't know what happened to mine.)
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
grape_ape wrote:The one I made the files from was actually the radio promo one with the Elektra sleeve. The edited version is about 2 minutes shorter than the album version.
So are you admitting that you stole my copy of the vinyl …? :shifty: (I honestly don't know what happened to mine.)
He's lying he used it for a coaster back in the 80's.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Explain the moisture stains then …
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Explain the moisture stains then …
Everything soaks through PiL eventually.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

grape_ape
Corner Soul

Post by grape_ape »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Actually, I *am* you, but from an alternate reality where you still have the record. So you never really lost it at all. Pretty heavy, eh?

(Really I got it used, so it's not impossible that it really was yours!)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

grape_ape wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Actually, I *am* you, but from an alternate reality where you still have the record. So you never really lost it at all. Pretty heavy, eh?
Did we ever get over that bed-wedding problem in our twenties and thirties? :shifty:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I just remembered when PiL played "Death Disco" on Top of the Pops they had to perform the song live instead of miming because of some musicians union strike or something. Anyway I have uploaded it 'cause it's a good version and it will make a neat addition to the "Getting Rid Of The Albatross" boot I made with all the alternative "Metal Box" tracks, Peel Session, Old Grey Whistle Test stuff on.

Here you go.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NAB80BMI

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:I just remembered when PiL played "Death Disco" on Top of the Pops they had to perform the song live instead of miming because of some musicians union strike or something. Anyway I have uploaded it 'cause it's a good version and it will make a neat addition to the "Getting Rid Of The Albatross" boot I made with all the alternative "Metal Box" tracks, Peel Session, Old Grey Whistle Test stuff on.

Here you go.

As always, thanks, Marky. Nice Lydon avatar, too.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:I just remembered when PiL played "Death Disco" on Top of the Pops they had to perform the song live instead of miming because of some musicians union strike or something. Anyway I have uploaded it 'cause it's a good version and it will make a neat addition to the "Getting Rid Of The Albatross" boot I made with all the alternative "Metal Box" tracks, Peel Session, Old Grey Whistle Test stuff on.

Here you go.

Cheers, I must admit to not knowing who your avatar is but his hair is Don Kingtastic. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Here you go.

Cheers, I must admit to not knowing who your avatar is but his hair is Don Kingtastic. :mrgreen:
Canadians who watch the CBC will know. He's Rex Murphy, a wonderful crotchety, generally small "c" conservative commentator from Newfoundland. He reminds me of Hitchens in terms of acerbic delivery.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Here you go.

Canadians who watch the CBC will know. He's Rex Murphy, a wonderful crotchety, generally small "c" conservative commentator from Newfoundland. He reminds me of Hitchens in terms of acerbic delivery.
I think he may have been Art Garfunkels style guru.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Any idea where the "Getting Rid Of The Albatross" boot is? I can't see it anywhere.