Convert tape to CD help

Online music exchange.
Ivanhoe's
Corner Soul

Convert tape to CD help

Post by Ivanhoe's »

Evening, wondering if any of you kind people can help me, i've got a tape of a recent gig by my band that i'd like to convert to CD, then I can post it out with our EP.
If anyone can convert it for me I will repay you with whatever CD's you'd like off my trade list. Cheers
Ivanhoe's

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Convert tape to CD help

Post by Heston »

Pretty easy to do. Connect your tape machine to your computer (using rca jacks). Press play and record it with a program like Free Hi-Q Recorder: http://www.roemersoftware.com/free-sound-recorder.html
Then burn file to the cd, easy!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Ivanhoe's
Corner Soul

Post by Ivanhoe's »

Heston wrote:Pretty easy to do. Connect your tape machine to your computer (using rca jacks). Press play and record it with a program like Free Hi-Q Recorder: http://www.roemersoftware.com/free-sound-recorder.html
Thanks but I don't have a tape recorder that works anymore and even if I did I only have a standalone CD burner.

If anyone can convert the tape for me, i'll do them a copy of Joes first ever recorded song-crummy blues from 1974, the CD also contains a Vultures instrumental song. Very rare, not in circulation and i've promised to make no more than 3 copies (i've done 2 copies so far so this is the last one) as an official release is planned. Cheers

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Ivanhoe's wrote:
Heston wrote:Pretty easy to do. Connect your tape machine to your computer (using rca jacks). Press play and record it with a program like Free Hi-Q Recorder: http://www.roemersoftware.com/free-sound-recorder.html
Thanks but I don't have a tape recorder that works anymore and even if I did I only have a standalone CD burner.

If anyone can convert the tape for me, i'll do them a copy of Joes first ever recorded song-crummy blues from 1974, the CD also contains a Vultures instrumental song. Very rare, not in circulation and i've promised to make no more than 3 copies (i've done 2 copies so far so this is the last one) as an official release is planned. Cheers
PM me I will gladly copy it for you.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revolutionrock_
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by revolutionrock_ »

if you have an Mp3 player whit a cable (mp3 encode cable) that you plug in the stereo and the other one in the mp3...but your mp3 must support encoding..

"Fucking long, innit?"