Strummer singles

Online music exchange.
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Strummer singles

Post by dave202 »

Does anyone have a complete guide of the tracks released on single by Joe across the different formats? I have 'Gangsterville' on cd, but I have a feeling there was a double 7" too, or am wrong? Likewise, I have "Island Hopping" a vastly under-scoring hit that I still manage to surprise people by playing on cd, but "Mango Street" isn't there. Was it a 12" bonus? Also I know of 'Trash City' and Love Kills' but would love to know if any were intended between these and 'Yalla Yalla'?

If there are releases from outside of the UK that I am unaware of I'd love to hear.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Strummer singles

Post by laxman »

Island Hopping 12" also has Cholo Vest, Mango Street and Baby O'Boogie on it. Gangsterville 12" also has Jewellers & Bums, Punk Rock Blus and Don't Tango with Django. I don't remember a double 7", but that might just be my fading memory! I thought I had a link to a site that listed all the post Clash/pre Mescaleros stuff, but I think it might have expired. Hope this helps a bit!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

laxman wrote:Island Hopping 12" also has Cholo Vest, Mango Street and Baby O'Boogie on it.
:yuck: ^ :yuck:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

Pirate Radio Numero Uno where working on a complete collection a couple of years ago, spanning all releases from Joe, as they did with The Clash and BAD, containg all artwork and all tracks, official releases only, stacked onto a dvd-r, and as laxman says, no double 7" from EW, just the two mentioned, as far as I know.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I have the CD single of Gangsterville and Island Hopping, will dig them out later if you want to know what is on them.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks esmark. I didn't know anything about the Pirate Radio Numero Uno collections. Any further details or links? Thanks to 101Walterton too, the cd track listings would be much appreciated.

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

dave202 wrote:Thanks esmark. I didn't know anything about the Pirate Radio Numero Uno collections. Any further details or links? Thanks to 101Walterton too, the cd track listings would be much appreciated.
No links sorry. I had them all up on my BAD page a while back, but they shut the shop and the links are down. They did the following tho:
BAD - "BAD files" (vol 1-9)
BAD - "Go ahead London" (Complete official releases colletion, dvd-r, added with three bootlegs)
The Clash - "Mick Jones takes the lead"
The Clash - "The dub Clash" (Collection of dub versions)
The Clash - "The last testament" (Complete official releases colletion, dvd-r, added with three bootlegs)
Joe Strummer - "Generations" vol. 1-2
Joe Strummer - "Joe Strummer" (Complete official releases colletion, dvd-r, added with three bootlegs)

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks, I've looked out both Generation volumes and This Is Dub Clash which I bought through an internet site years ago, along with BAD's New Ride which came free if I bought the other three. All Pirate Radio Numero Uno. Didn't know about the rest though, I'll just have to keep my eyes open now.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

esmark wrote:
dave202 wrote:Thanks esmark. I didn't know anything about the Pirate Radio Numero Uno collections. Any further details or links? Thanks to 101Walterton too, the cd track listings would be much appreciated.
No links sorry. I had them all up on my BAD page a while back, but they shut the shop and the links are down. They did the following tho:
BAD - "Go ahead London" (Complete official releases colletion, dvd-r, added with three bootlegs)
The Clash - "The last testament" (Complete official releases colletion, dvd-r, added with three bootlegs)
Joe Strummer - "Joe Strummer" (Complete official releases colletion, dvd-r, added with three bootlegs)
I recieved a flyer in the mail when PR#1 was still making compilations, and there was to be a Havana 3am rarities disc,
and a Rat Patrol remaster, but they closed shop and I guess never finished them.

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

daredevil wrote:
esmark wrote:
I recieved a flyer in the mail when PR#1 was still making compilations, and there was to be a Havana 3am rarities disc,
and a Rat Patrol remaster, but they closed shop and I guess never finished them.
They did BAD's "Entering a new ride" and Clash's "Rat Patrol from Fort Bragg" as well (although imo Marky's RPFFB sounds better). The Havana disc didn't materialize, although I've got the files somewhere... not much to offer, as it's mostly the stuff with Paul onboard.

Marzapano
Corner Soul

Post by Marzapano »

I think the problem here is Gangsterville was never released as a double 7" inch single, but as a single 7" in a gatefold sleeve limited edition which added Passport To Detriot as the extra song. I received a promo copy of PR#1 Strummer DVD a few years ago and this was on it. BTW PR#1 released a few DVD's of different bands of which all were the usual top notch! BAD, Clash, Jam, Dreadzone, Stones, Springsteen, Who, Beatles, Oasis, Magazine, U2, are the ones I got, absolutely fantastic! Best music Co. EVER!!!! :))))

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Forgot all about this will do it tomorrow.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks Marzapano, that's what I was mistaken by, the gatefold cover. I had in my mind there was an extra thing, it being the track. That'sll be the same as the album version I expect?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Cd singles:
1.Gangsterville
2.Jewellers and Bums
3.Punk Rock Blues

1.Island Hopping
2.15th Brigade
3. Baby O'Boogie

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Fact: CD singles are almost as stupid as MP3 singles.