Megaupload shut down

Online music exchange.
CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Re: Megaupload shut down

Post by CorwoodRep »

A torrent site is a depressing solution, because you just know the unpopular torrents will fall off the tracker. All the cool stuff I find on dimeadozen has seeding issues.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Maybe a bunch of Dropbox accounts?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Apparently megaupload was run by a Bond villain. :rolleyes:
Grant Wormald, the detective inspector who oversaw the operation for the Organized and Financial Crime Agency (Ofcanz) said he was told by the FBI that Dotcom "carried a device with him to delete servers around the world". Apparently, the 'Doomsday' delete-all-servers device could have been triggered "in seconds" from any computer or phone on the property. Of course, no device was ever found in the raid but that didn't stop the feds from sending choppers and a crapton of officers more fit for a drug kingpin than an online pirate.

http://gizmodo.com/5933870/the-fbi-thou ... -of-piracy
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Are there cloud back up drives that I could get and leave them open? Like list the password here and anyone can access it and pull off whatever they want?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

The Primal Scream forum uses the Mega cloud, https://mega.co.nz/, and it works quite well for sharing. There is a shared log in and password and it contains live shows and rarities.