Megaupload shut down

Online music exchange.
Slickgonzalez
Dirty Punk

Re: Megaupload shut down

Post by Slickgonzalez »

Rat Patrol wrote:
kammovies wrote:Would The Internet Archive be a possibility? They have a live music archive here:
http://www.archive.org/details/etree
Probably not. I don't think they've got the bandwidth to handle FLAC's.

If we can come to some consensus on what's looking like the best available service that's NOT going to get dissapeared by the USA KKK FREEDOM DRONES stepper warned us about, I'll start zipping stuff up and uploading.
www.Archive.org handles flacs regularly. That would be a great solution. The only problem is that they require written permission from the band or their management!

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

May be this one is a good option ??

http://4up.me/

Don't try to upload
But the dowload seems to be really quick (2/3 Mo/s)

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Well, my upload cap just reset for the month with the Comcast bill just coming in. So if we can agree on what's the most fail-safe option I'm ready to start doing a dump of stuff back onto the Clash Mlist. I don't want to wing it and find out this is either a site that's a prime candidate for getting blown out of the sky by the copyright terr'sts, or has some restrictive caps, or is a popup spam wasteland. It's a minefield trying to pick out the non-annoying ones.

Slickgonzalez
Dirty Punk

Post by Slickgonzalez »

What about Dropbox?

darter
Sightsee MC

Post by darter »

Now that's a very interesting question. I think the google version (in googledrive - just introduced) has 5 gb limit.

plato-shrimp
Corner Soul

Post by plato-shrimp »

Hey Kids,
Maybe Terry would buy and maintain a server for the list if we all promised to say at least one nice thing per month about him. He needs to spend his chiro-bucks somewhere...

Maybe he'd do it if we removed his Sabbath "drum solo." ("Has he lost his mind/saying something nice 'bout Terry Chimes...")

Iron(ic) Man
"The days go on and on. They don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention. I believe that someone should become a person like other people." Travis Bickle

wmhp
Junco Partner

Post by wmhp »

darter wrote:Now that's a very interesting question. I think the google version (in googledrive - just introduced) has 5 gb limit.
We could all go 5 gb each. Delegate a year or a month or a theme/whatever to individuals to upload. Between us we could manage it. I know i have taken enough from the site to want to help out and i'm sure there will be many others who feel the same.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

[youtube][/youtube]

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

wmhp wrote:
darter wrote:Now that's a very interesting question. I think the google version (in googledrive - just introduced) has 5 gb limit.
We could all go 5 gb each. Delegate a year or a month or a theme/whatever to individuals to upload. Between us we could manage it. I know i have taken enough from the site to want to help out and i'm sure there will be many others who feel the same.
Ok I will upload all the suff by Janie Jones & the Lash. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Tim Bucknall
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Tim Bucknall »

plato-shrimp wrote:Hey Kids,
Maybe Terry would buy and maintain a server for the list if we all promised to say at least one nice thing per month about him. He needs to spend his chiro-bucks somewhere...

Maybe he'd do it if we removed his Sabbath "drum solo." ("Has he lost his mind/saying something nice 'bout Terry Chimes...")

Iron(ic) Man
lets talk about the first album,can't fault his drumming there ;-)

that should do it!

Tim Bucknall
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Tim Bucknall »

in case i should have posted it here
you can have my 4 shared account

tim.bucknall@googlemail.com
password radioclash1

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

So there is a Bruce exclusive torrent site called Jungleland. I think it is similar to dimeadozen, but artist specific. Is that feasible for us?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:So there is a Bruce exclusive torrent site called Jungleland. I think it is similar to dimeadozen, but artist specific. Is that feasible for us?
No! One Bruce site should be enough. ;)

Seriously tho' that could well be the way forward matey. What is involved?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:So there is a Bruce exclusive torrent site called Jungleland. I think it is similar to dimeadozen, but artist specific. Is that feasible for us?

I'm hoping someone with more tech knowledge would be able to help answer the question.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I'm hoping someone with more tech knowledge would be able to help answer the question.
Ahh ok mate but I really like the idea.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia