"The Boston Tapes"?

Online music exchange.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: "The Boston Tapes"?

Post by Flex »

BostonBeaneater wrote:Much praise to the anonymous efforts of Mr. X. Also a lot of love to mate, BMC, snoh, Chris, and many others who put more effort into the Clash than the Clash ever did. For a long time now I have liked Clash fans more than the Clash... and I love the Clash.
Are... are you coming onto matedog?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:Much praise to the anonymous efforts of Mr. X. Also a lot of love to mate, BMC, snoh, Chris, and many others who put more effort into the Clash than the Clash ever did. For a long time now I have liked Clash fans more than the Clash... and I love the Clash.
Are... are you coming onto matedog?
I knew it! Didn't I say that BBE has got a serious gay-on for Hoy?
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Post by Guest »

IkarisOne wrote:
Guest wrote:Perhaps the first part of Bonds, June 8th?
Oh, dear. Will such a thing ever surface? If only traders realized how many beloved shows were available due to the long-running and thankless efforts of a single individual. Funny old thing, life is.
Thank you very much, Mr. Individual.

kingofboston
Corner Soul

Post by kingofboston »

I've been away for a while (computer problems) so I have some catching up to do. I saw this album on the Red Notes Beat site a few months ago but I thought it was probably something I already had from trading that someone finally decided to press on vinyl. So I passed on buying it. Then I found this thread, read the raves and downloaded the tracks last night. Whoah, these tracks are amazing!! This is great stuff, I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about it on these boards! Can anyone hook me up with a lossless copy? Flac, SHN, or even a regular old CD sent through the mail the old fashioned way. I've got lots to trade - probably can't offer you anything Clashwise that you don't already have, but I have a good collection of boot recordings of lots of bands so I think we can work something out. Thanks to Marky for uploading the mp3s, I'm kicking myself now for not buying the album when I had the chance but at least now I know to grab it when I see it again. In the meantime if anyone can help me out with a CD of the tracks I'd be very grateful, and I'll send you anything I have in return.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

kingofboston wrote:I've been away for a while (computer problems) so I have some catching up to do. I saw this album on the Red Notes Beat site a few months ago but I thought it was probably something I already had from trading that someone finally decided to press on vinyl. So I passed on buying it. Then I found this thread, read the raves and downloaded the tracks last night. Whoah, these tracks are amazing!! This is great stuff, I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about it on these boards! Can anyone hook me up with a lossless copy? Flac, SHN, or even a regular old CD sent through the mail the old fashioned way. I've got lots to trade - probably can't offer you anything Clashwise that you don't already have, but I have a good collection of boot recordings of lots of bands so I think we can work something out. Thanks to Marky for uploading the mp3s, I'm kicking myself now for not buying the album when I had the chance but at least now I know to grab it when I see it again. In the meantime if anyone can help me out with a CD of the tracks I'd be very grateful, and I'll send you anything I have in return.
I uploaded it here Kob if you PM I will send you a copy no problem. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

same here King pm me
Joining the Street Parade

nigeyb
Corner Soul

Post by nigeyb »

Marky Dread wrote:If you cant download PM me your adress deny and i'll send it to ya.
For some reason my Mac doesn't like the file.

Any chance of a RAR or Zip upload?

Thanks.
THE WORLD OF JOY..."adding to the sum total of human happiness"

My top 6 artists from the last seven days, and what I'm listening to right now....

kingofboston
Corner Soul

Post by kingofboston »

I sent a pm to Marky. Deny, thanks for your offer, too. The mp3s sound great, can't wait to hear the real thing. And still kicking myself for not buying it when it was more readily available.

Mensforthhill
Corner Soul

Post by Mensforthhill »

I really want to hear this pretty badly, its bound to be a little more interesting than Shea. But I have same problem as the previous guy with the Mac. RAR or Zip files are the only thing that ever seem to work for me. Can anyone upload it this way or if not, could some kind soul PM me and send me a CDr? I'll send some blanks or something else for trade. Thank you very much.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mensforthhill wrote:I really want to hear this pretty badly, its bound to be a little more interesting than Shea. But I have same problem as the previous guy with the Mac. RAR or Zip files are the only thing that ever seem to work for me. Can anyone upload it this way or if not, could some kind soul PM me and send me a CDr? I'll send some blanks or something else for trade. Thank you very much.
PM me Mensforth :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

kingofboston
Corner Soul

Post by kingofboston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Mensforthhill wrote:I really want to hear this pretty badly, its bound to be a little more interesting than Shea. But I have same problem as the previous guy with the Mac. RAR or Zip files are the only thing that ever seem to work for me. Can anyone upload it this way or if not, could some kind soul PM me and send me a CDr? I'll send some blanks or something else for trade. Thank you very much.
PM me Mensforth :mrgreen:
Or me! Marky Dread set me up with a lossless copy of this disc and I'm happy to pass it along to anyone who needs it.