Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Got Any Cool Vinyl?

Post by Flex »

Sparky wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 5:16pm
Flex wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 1:07pm
Here's a recent vinyl reissue of the Sons of Perdition's second album (great gothic Americana for folks interested in such things)
Very nice, never seen one quite like that. I'm not familiar with the band, but I'm going to have to do some internet searching to check them out.
Check out their album The Kingdom is on Fire first if you're interested. They're definitely pretty bleak, but kinda cartoonishly. I think they (and Those Poor Bastards who they're pal withs) are kinda like if the misfits played americana. Just goofy gothic/horror shit.
In the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher."

Pex Lives!

Sparky
Long Time Jerk

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 6:55pm
Sparky wrote:
Flex wrote:
Here's a recent vinyl reissue of the Sons of Perdition's second album (great gothic Americana for folks interested in such things)
Very nice, never seen one quite like that. I'm not familiar with the band, but I'm going to have to do some internet searching to check them out.
Check out their album The Kingdom is on Fire first if you're interested. They're definitely pretty bleak, but kinda cartoonishly. I think they (and Those Poor Bastards who they're pal withs) are kinda like if the misfits played americana. Just goofy gothic/horror shit.
I don't know why, but after checking out a few songs on The Kingdom is on Fire, I'm somehow thinking about the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou?".

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 6:55pm
Sparky wrote:
Flex wrote:
Interest officially piqued.

Sparky
Long Time Jerk

Post by Sparky »

Today is record store day so I went to one of the few stores near me that's participating. Had to wait in a line about 25 deep for almost an hour, unfortunately they didn't receive any copies of Joe Strummer "Junco Partner" picture disc. But they did have this reissue of Joey Ramone "Don't Worry About Me" on splattered colored vinyl, so it wasn't a total loss.
Attachments
JR DWAM (2).JPG
JR DWAM (1).JPG
JR DWAM (1).JPG (144.1 KiB) Viewed 130 times

Sparky
Long Time Jerk

Post by Sparky »

Not a huge U2 fan, but I'm a sucker for picture discs, so I picked this up at record store day as well.
40th anniversary edition of the release of "Fire" on a 12" two sided picture disc.
Attachments
U2 Fire (1).JPG
U2 Fire (2).JPG

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 1:21pm
Not a huge U2 fan, but I'm a sucker for picture discs, so I picked this up at record store day as well.
40th anniversary edition of the release of "Fire" on a 12" two sided picture disc.
The Edge without a hat? Must be a deep fake.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 2:42pm
Sparky wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 1:21pm
The Edge without a hat? Must be a deep fake.
Hello,

I think you mean the Edge with hair....

Sparky
Long Time Jerk

Post by Sparky »

Hmm, hadn't thought about that, you two may be on to something here. :mrgreen: