Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

General music discussion.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15053
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by revbob »

This never showed up huh?


revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15053
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by revbob »

In honor of Olaf

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15053
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by revbob »


Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29908
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by Flex »

Thanks everyone for continuing to bring their a game. These are some great songs, I think none of which I'm familiar with!

Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) 2020, Day 12: The Empty Hearts - It's Christmastime



Original Release: It's Christmastime b/w Joyful Noise
Year: 2020

Super group featuring members of Blondie, The Cars, The Romantics and The Chesterfield Kings have put out this new holiday 7 inch on Little Steven's record label. Good stuff.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48589
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 5:07pm
Thanks everyone for continuing to bring their a game. These are some great songs, I think none of which I'm familiar with!

Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) 2020, Day 12: The Empty Hearts - It's Christmastime



Original Release: It's Christmastime b/w Joyful Noise
Year: 2020

Super group featuring members of Blondie, The Cars, The Romantics and The Chesterfield Kings have put out this new holiday 7 inch on Little Steven's record label. Good stuff.
That's great. Damn how many groups has Clem played with.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2366
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 5:20pm
Flex wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 5:07pm
Thanks everyone for continuing to bring their a game. These are some great songs, I think none of which I'm familiar with!

Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) 2020, Day 12: The Empty Hearts - It's Christmastime



Original Release: It's Christmastime b/w Joyful Noise
Year: 2020

Super group featuring members of Blondie, The Cars, The Romantics and The Chesterfield Kings have put out this new holiday 7 inch on Little Steven's record label. Good stuff.
That's great. Damn how many groups has Clem played with.
Hello,

I like their first album quite a bit. I didn't think they were still active. At a convention in LA a few years back, I went to see a group call the Throwaways. Clem was the drummer. I was at the bar after this show and he came up next to me. We chatted briefly. I asked him about the group from that night and others. He just kind of shrugged it off with I do that to keep busy - that's what I do.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48589
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 5:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 5:20pm
Flex wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 5:07pm
Thanks everyone for continuing to bring their a game. These are some great songs, I think none of which I'm familiar with!

Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) 2020, Day 12: The Empty Hearts - It's Christmastime



Original Release: It's Christmastime b/w Joyful Noise
Year: 2020

Super group featuring members of Blondie, The Cars, The Romantics and The Chesterfield Kings have put out this new holiday 7 inch on Little Steven's record label. Good stuff.
That's great. Damn how many groups has Clem played with.
Hello,

I like their first album quite a bit. I didn't think they were still active. At a convention in LA a few years back, I went to see a group call the Throwaways. Clem was the drummer. I was at the bar after this show and he came up next to me. We chatted briefly. I asked him about the group from that night and others. He just kind of shrugged it off with I do that to keep busy - that's what I do.
Good story.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29908
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by Flex »

Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) 2020, Day 13: Angry Snowmans - Gift Card



Original Release: Snow Means Snow EP
Year: 2019

With no live shows to be had, the Angry Snowmans are doing a 12 Days of Krampus thing where, it appears, they'll be releasing live recordings every day. I'd wanted to share this song this year anyways but it wasn't on youtube before, so I'm delighted I can do it now. We share an Angry Snowmans track or two every, and this was my face off their last release. To the tune of the Damned's Love Song.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15053
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by revbob »


Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48589
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by Marky Dread »

Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29908
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by Flex »

Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) 2020, Day 14: The Ventures



Original Release: The Ventures' Christmas Album
Year: 1965

According to my notes, haven't selected anything off the Ventures Christmas Album yet, which surprises me. With all the Beatles talk going on with the boar, this one feels appropriate.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15053
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by revbob »



Merry Fucking Xmas to me! Like a little kid I couldn't wait and opened this present early.
20201215_105047.jpg

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15053
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by revbob »


Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5654
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by Olaf »

revbob wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 12:00pm

Merry Fucking Xmas to me! Like a little kid I couldn't wait and opened this present early.

20201215_105047.jpg
We should have got some of those for Heston.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48589
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Flex's 25 Days of Christmas (Songs)

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 12:00pm


Merry Fucking Xmas to me! Like a little kid I couldn't wait and opened this present early.

20201215_105047.jpg
Looks like you've really put your foot in it this time.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Post Reply