Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: The Bowie song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 12:35pm
coffeepotman wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 9:34am
Thanks guys, I will provide a full report...now this will force me to confront my fears and really dive into Blackstarr
It's outstanding—I listen to it all the time.
It is an amazing piece of work. It was hard to listen to in the first 6 months after he died (even though it initially blew me away) but it’s definitely something I revisit quite a bit. The title track is a masterpiece.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Wolter wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 1:12pm
Kory wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
Thanks guys, I will provide a full report...now this will force me to confront my fears and really dive into Blackstarr
It is an amazing piece of work. It was hard to listen to in the first 6 months after he died (even though it initially blew me away) but it’s definitely something I revisit quite a bit. The title track is a masterpiece.
Total agreement. And I only picked up the stand-alone 'Lazarus' EP a couple months ago, but those tree outtakes are all great as well. Not sure where they would have fit into the tracklist proper, but they work very well as bonus tracks.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

muppet hi fi wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 1:20pm
Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
Total agreement. And I only picked up the stand-alone 'Lazarus' EP a couple months ago, but those tree outtakes are all great as well. Not sure where they would have fit into the tracklist proper, but they work very well as bonus tracks.
i was totes into it at first but it fell to back of the pack, i need to revisit.

on a semi-related note, I recently bought all the 90s - 00s, which I admit I was never that in to.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Outside and Earthing are excellent but you need to be in the mood for that kind of music, Hours is good but kinda safe, the remixes are good.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 9:25pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
i was totes into it at first but it fell to back of the pack, i need to revisit.

on a semi-related note, I recently bought all the 90s - 00s, which I admit I was never that in to.
I actually a big fan of Black Tie White Noise, but Outside, Earthling, Heathen, and The Next Day are all great as well. ...hours is one that still hasn't gotten its hooks in me—as coffeepotman says, it's pretty safe.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 2:47pm
tepista wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:

I actually a big fan of Black Tie White Noise, but Outside, Earthling, Heathen, and The Next Day are all great as well. ...hours is one that still hasn't gotten its hooks in me—as coffeepotman says, it's pretty safe.
...hours is my vote for Dullest Bowie Album. Not worst. But dullest.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 2:55pm
Kory wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 2:47pm
tepista wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Wolter wrote:

...hours is my vote for Dullest Bowie Album. Not worst. But dullest.
Yeah, it's very monochromatic. The only bummer about his Storytellers episode is that it's from around that time so it's kinda heavy on songs from that album.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Finally nailed the rhythm of the very tricky Queen Bitch riff.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 8:26am
But will you be wearing a bippity boppity hat while playing it?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 7:59am
Here's a quiz for you fans: https://www.sporcle.com/games/Skelettfe ... y-any-word
205/283

It was harder than I thought, my mind kept going blank, but when it showed the ones I missed, my deficiencies were obviously on albums I don't listen to much like Tonight, DLMD, Pin-Ups, etc.

A couple I'm ashamed to have missed: Art Decade, 1984, Boys Keep Swinging (I typed Boys so I thought I got this one though), Fascination, Future Legend, Dollar Days, John I'm Only Dancing, Buddha of Suburbia.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

185, most that I missed were 90s and up, but there were a few gimmies that i was surprised to see i forgot. John, I'm ONly Dancing, Jean Genie, Life on Mars. Then there we 3 i could spell, so theres that. Width of a Circle was NOT on the list! and also if you type "and" or something common a bunch of answers pop up.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Silent Majority wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 8:26am
you betcha ;)

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

205. Can't believe I forgot bitch!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

New Bowie statue unveiled in UK and has built in speakers that play different Bowie track every hour.
Statue looked ok on TV.