The Screaming Blue Messiahs

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: The Screaming Blue Messiahs

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Bam! my box set from Easy Action came today. What a beauty it is absolutely brilliant job. Came with a "Access All Areas" laminated backstage pass and a "Live By Five" CD EP exclusive from E.A.

FUCK I'M DRIVING TWO CADILLAC'S AT THE SAME TIME!
Duuuude!!! I thought it wasn't set for release til August 26!?

I see it listed for 30 pounds on Amazon UK; what'd you pay for it?
The August the 26th date was for Amazon UK. I've had mine per-ordered from Easy Action for months. I think it was £34.95 when I ordered, the Amazon price is without postage.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

Marky Dread wrote:I also saw their first ever gig when they changed the name from Motor Boys Motor to TSBM at the Clarendon in Hammersmith in 1984.
That was a cool nod to the 101ers.

If I ever start a 101ers tribute band or a pub rock revival band, I will call it Ray Rabies and the Dogs of Love.

This box looks very nice and has inspired me to listen to the SBM. Great band!
- Pilled up and rrattling -

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Bam! my box set from Easy Action came today. What a beauty it is absolutely brilliant job. Came with a "Access All Areas" laminated backstage pass and a "Live By Five" CD EP exclusive from E.A.

The August the 26th date was for Amazon UK. I've had mine per-ordered from Easy Action for months. I think it was £34.95 when I ordered, the Amazon price is without postage.
OK, roger that. So what's the "Live By Five" EP? And does it come with standard Amazon-type orders, or only through Easy Action orders? And is it vinyl or CD? (so many fookin questions; sorry man).
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:

OK, roger that. So what's the "Live By Five" EP? And does it come with standard Amazon-type orders, or only through Easy Action orders? And is it vinyl or CD? (so many fookin questions; sorry man).
The "Live By Five" EP is a 5 track live CD featuring Tracking the Dog/I Want Up/Smash the Market Place/Sweet Water Pools/Bikini Red. It came packaged separately and is not included in the box. Easy Action order only as an incentive to buy/order direct.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Another satisfied customer who pre-ordered from Easy Action here.... set received yesterday complete with the bonus CD and backstage laminate thing, and it all looks great.
I think I've got all the bonus tracks from the regular album CDs already, from trading with Grant Louden (who runs the fan website, and designed the packaging for this set) a few years ago, but I've yet to listen to the 7" EP and bonus CD.
I'm chuffed with the booklet which has some great pics and, surprisingly, some lengthy comments from that ol' rock & roll recluse Bill Carter himself
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:Another satisfied customer who pre-ordered from Easy Action here.... set received yesterday complete with the bonus CD and backstage laminate thing, and it all looks great.
I think I've got all the bonus tracks from the regular album CDs already, from trading with Grant Louden (who runs the fan website, and designed the packaging for this set) a few years ago, but I've yet to listen to the 7" EP and bonus CD.
I'm chuffed with the booklet which has some great pics and, surprisingly, some lengthy comments from that ol' rock & roll recluse Bill Carter himself
Yeah the booklet is a great little read. Overall package is excellent, I too have everything in the box and there are a few 12'' mixes that are not included plus the rare "Little Baby Flintstone" B-side. But I have it all anyway on vinyl. I will eventually put together an albums worth of stuff that's not on the box and upload it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:Yeah the booklet is a great little read. Overall package is excellent, I too have everything in the box and there are a few 12'' mixes that are not included plus the rare "Little Baby Flintstone" B-side. But I have it all anyway on vinyl. I will eventually put together an albums worth of stuff that's not on the box and upload it.
Marky Productions Ltd never sleeps....! Yeah, I thought there were one or 2 stray tracks not included (wasn't there a rare mix on the Flintstone 12" picture disc, or something? And where was that 'Little Baby Flintstone' form, again?)
Apparently East Action are looking into a further SBM live/studio outtakes rarities release, too, if they can get Bill to approve.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Yeah the booklet is a great little read. Overall package is excellent, I too have everything in the box and there are a few 12'' mixes that are not included plus the rare "Little Baby Flintstone" B-side. But I have it all anyway on vinyl. I will eventually put together an albums worth of stuff that's not on the box and upload it.
Marky Productions Ltd never sleeps....! Yeah, I thought there were one or 2 stray tracks not included (wasn't there a rare mix on the Flintstone 12" picture disc, or something? And where was that 'Little Baby Flintstone' form, again?)
Apparently East Action are looking into a further SBM live/studio outtakes rarities release, too, if they can get Bill to approve.
It's on the B-side to this version of the single.

http://www.45cat.com/record/769433

I hope Easy Action get permission from Bill that would be ace.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Hey Marky - does your copy of the Live by Five EP have gaps between the tracks? What a pain. I've emailed Easy Action to let them know.
It takes me back to the CDR-trading days, when sometime you'd get a poorly-burned disc :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:Hey Marky - does your copy of the Live by Five EP have gaps between the tracks? What a pain. I've emailed Easy Action to let them know.
It takes me back to the CDR-trading days, when sometime you'd get a poorly-burned disc :mrgreen:
I will check when I finish work in the morning. Though it is indeed a CDR if you hold it up to the light you can see through the label and tell.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Marky Dread wrote:
JohnS wrote:Hey Marky - does your copy of the Live by Five EP have gaps between the tracks? What a pain. I've emailed Easy Action to let them know.
I will check when I finish work in the morning. Though it is indeed a CDR if you hold it up to the light you can see through the label and tell.
OK so I checked and yep it has gaps and has been brickwalled but not anymore.

Remixed and remastered with new track markings. Shit I would've done it for free if they had wanted.

https://mega.nz/#!TwkiiTLb!jaHNr_3eBUsT ... 7ibmMZgMgs

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Nice one Marky, I might've known you'd step in (but it wasn't a cheeky hint by me)
Easy Action have now told me it was an error on the whole batch- they quote a run on 100, funnily enough, not 200- and they're looking into getting it re-pressed.
I didn't notice it was a CDR but yes, they state it was mastered from individual wav files rather than 'a regular DDP' Hopefully it's cheap enough to re-do. Although not as cheap as a fan doing it for nowt, of course..... :mrgreen:

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Remixed and remastered with new track markings. Shit I would've done it for free if they had wanted.

Hi Marky,

Thanks you too much for this! Great stuff. I was just listening to your Beyond the Power Curve collection a few days ago. Continued thanks for that as well.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hi Marky,

Thanks you too much for this! Great stuff. I was just listening to your Beyond the Power Curve collection a few days ago. Continued thanks for that as well.
:cool:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:Nice one Marky, I might've known you'd step in (but it wasn't a cheeky hint by me)
Easy Action have now told me it was an error on the whole batch- they quote a run on 100, funnily enough, not 200- and they're looking into getting it re-pressed.
I didn't notice it was a CDR but yes, they state it was mastered from individual wav files rather than 'a regular DDP' Hopefully it's cheap enough to re-do. Although not as cheap as a fan doing it for nowt, of course..... :mrgreen:
That will be cool if it gets a re-press maybe they can use my mix.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia