Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:35pm
Heston wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:22pm
Heston wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:18pm

I watched it as I watched Spinal Tap and Bad News. Unsure what was real.
Spinal Tap and Bad News are both spoofs and utterly brilliant. That Bros crap doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.
To be fair, it has gained a bit of cult status as unintentionally bad tv. If it was staged that is another matter, I assumed it was real.
Seriously bad in my opinion deliberately using their mum's death for the added sympathy vote. Truly fucking awful stuff.
Well it was the car crash element I found fascinating, I was expecting it to be a run of the mill whitewashed doc but it was anything but.
It's everything I hate. Two rich primadonnas bitchng at each other as if their music was relevant and even valid.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: I have An Addiction

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:56pm
Heston wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:22pm

Spinal Tap and Bad News are both spoofs and utterly brilliant. That Bros crap doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.
To be fair, it has gained a bit of cult status as unintentionally bad tv. If it was staged that is another matter, I assumed it was real.
Seriously bad in my opinion deliberately using their mum's death for the added sympathy vote. Truly fucking awful stuff.
Well it was the car crash element I found fascinating, I was expecting it to be a run of the mill whitewashed doc but it was anything but.
It's everything I hate. Two rich primadonnas bitchng at each other as if their music was relevant and even valid.
That was the comedy to me.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
25 May 2019, 11:12pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

I get Marky’s point about their Mum’s death being used for dramatic affect but their behaviour couldn’t be staged they both came across so unbelievably badly 😳

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
26 May 2019, 12:53am
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I get Marky’s point about their Mum’s death being used for dramatic affect but their behaviour couldn’t be staged they both came across so unbelievably badly 😳
They were both playing up to the camera bringing out the very worst of their character. Totally false with the hope that this would make the film a success and it worked to great effect.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 May 2019, 6:52am
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

They were both playing up to the camera bringing out the very worst of their character. Totally false with the hope that this would make the film a success and it worked to great effect.
If you are just playing up to the camera why portray yourself so badly it is cringeworthy to watch.
I hadn’t heard of it before the other night was the film successful then? What happened with the reunion presumably they played O2 at least once as that was where the film ended.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
26 May 2019, 3:47pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

If you are just playing up to the camera why portray yourself so badly it is cringeworthy to watch.
I hadn’t heard of it before the other night was the film successful then? What happened with the reunion presumably they played O2 at least once as that was where the film ended.
Initially they announced a lot of dates but the places were not selling. The did play the O2 my ex went to see them she said it was nowhere near full. After the film was a bit they announced some more dates.That's why the film feels forced and the bitchiness over emphasised. They knew their time was up.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 May 2019, 4:03pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:

Initially they announced a lot of dates but the places were not selling. The did play the O2 my ex went to see them she said it was nowhere near full. After the film was a bit they announced some more dates.That's why the film feels forced and the bitchiness over emphasised. They knew their time was up.
Their time was up?? They hadn’t played for nearly 30 years and I don’t think I ever heard one of their songs ever played on the radio in that time or ever heard them mentioned.
They should have stuck to their successful day jobs.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
26 May 2019, 4:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Their time was up?? They hadn’t played for nearly 30 years and I don’t think I ever heard one of their songs ever played on the radio in that time or ever heard them mentioned.
Yeah I don't mean their career was up. But the reunion shows were nowhere close to the success they thought it would be. One of them has a production company and appears in movies usually low budget stuff. But their glory days were well gone.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 May 2019, 4:17pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Yeah I don't mean their career was up. But the reunion shows were nowhere close to the success they thought it would be. One of them has a production company and appears in movies usually low budget stuff. But their glory days were well gone.
Yep their time was up 30 years ago and the lack of any airplay for their songs and the fact they were never thought of again after they split should have been an indication that a reunion wasn’t really needed / wanted.
There was one jarring moment in the film where they said Luke’s Vegas show was second only to Sinatra????

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
26 May 2019, 4:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 May 2019, 4:17pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Yep their time was up 30 years ago and the lack of any airplay for their songs and the fact they were never thought of again after they split should have been an indication that a reunion wasn’t really needed / wanted.
There was one jarring moment in the film where they said Luke’s Vegas show was second only to Sinatra????
It was very popular.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I watched the newer Duran Duran doc on the plane last night and enjoyed every bit of it.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
27 May 2019, 12:07am
I watched the newer Duran Duran doc on the plane last night and enjoyed every bit of it.
Which one is that?

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

101Walterton wrote:
27 May 2019, 12:10am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Which one is that?
Duran Duran: There's Something You Should Know (2018)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b7szrg

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Whilst I like some Oasis albums I am in the Noel camp not Liam however watched this documentary last night and it was good.
Liam will always be Liam but thought it was refreshingly honest.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
I'm a closet Duranie. Have been since I was a kid. I'll have to check this out.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble