I have An Addiction

General music discussion.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: I have An Addiction

Post by Wolter »

I don’t remember the Bros, but they sound like they would be awful.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
25 May 2019, 10:50am
I don’t remember the Bros, but they sound like they would be awful.
Imagine the most awful thing you can think of and then times that by 100 and you ain't even close brother.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 4:07pm
I finally got to see the MC5 True Testimonial film
It took bleedin' hours to download the thing.
But worth every damn second. What a story - this band took more shit than ANY other I think. And the live footage is phenomenal.
I have that it's great. Shame Wayne doesn't want it released.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 3:16pm
There a great couple of lines from one of the interviews on the Some Product LP and I'm typing from memory - but I hope you all get the gist of it.

Interviewer asks where Sid is and then someone (I think Jones) says "He's gone missin'" and the interview asks if that happens a lot and then Lydon says: "Maybe one day it will become peeerrrrmmm-a-nent. Ta, ta, da. Sooorrryyy, Sidney."

Did he kill her? I've never believed he meant to do it (if he did - in fact - kill her) - but who knows. The whole scene did indeed seem to be clouded by way too many drugs and way too many seedy people so anything is possible.

I blame the New York Dolls for bringing that crap over and maybe it would have gotten there anyway - but Sid seemed like a decent fellow before he got strung out (which, I suppose - could be said about a lot of people).
The New York Dolls or The Heartbreakers for that matter were not responsible for Sid taking Heroin. That is all the fault of his mother. Sid was already using Heroin before punk even started. There is a story from Jah Wobble who was Sid's mate where he goes around to Sid's mum's flat and Anne (Sid's mum) was shooting up smack then gives some to Sid. This was 1975 and Sid had already been using.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Poor boy.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
25 May 2019, 2:08pm
Poor boy.
He was fucked way before the Pistols. His mum was a junkie and Sid was surrounded by this shit very early on in life.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 2:16pm
Silent Majority wrote:
25 May 2019, 2:08pm
Poor boy.
He was fucked way before the Pistols. His mum was a junkie and Sid was surrounded by this shit very early on in life.
It's awful to think about inevitability and all that, but, yeah, it's hard not to conclude that he was likely doomed even if he'd never met Lydon, McLaren, or Spungen.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I think this is quite fascinating, the story of La Paloma

https://www.cultureunplugged.com/docume ... -Worldwide
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
24 May 2019, 9:55pm
Was on a flight home from Sydney late last night and couldn’t find a film I wanted to watch.
As a result I watched a doco about the recent Bros reunion!! The only thing I remember from first time round was the hundreds of prepubescent girls outside their flat which was just round the corner from where I was living. I thought they only had 2 hits but obviously the rest passed me by.
What was interesting was that both of the brothers had made successful careers for themselves in the US.
Anyway what a pair of absolute wankers. Luke was more like David Brent than David Brent with his philosophical quotes and Mat was just like a teenage girl drama queen.
That documenary was painfully funny. Matt Goss is a fully blown sociopath with huge issues. Proper toe curling stuff.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:04pm
101Walterton wrote:
Was on a flight home from Sydney late last night and couldn’t find a film I wanted to watch.
As a result I watched a doco about the recent Bros reunion!! The only thing I remember from first time round was the hundreds of prepubescent girls outside their flat which was just round the corner from where I was living. I thought they only had 2 hits but obviously the rest passed me by.
What was interesting was that both of the brothers had made successful careers for themselves in the US.
Anyway what a pair of absolute wankers. Luke was more like David Brent than David Brent with his philosophical quotes and Mat was just like a teenage girl drama queen.
That documenary was painfully funny. Matt Goss is a fully blown sociopath with huge issues. Proper toe curling stuff.
I watched it around Xmas and it's appallingly staged and over dramatic. Complete shit.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:11pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I watched it around Xmas and it's appallingly staged and over dramatic. Complete shit.
I watched it as I watched Spinal Tap and Bad News. Unsure what was real.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Spinal Tap and Bad News are both spoofs and utterly brilliant. That Bros crap doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:22pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Spinal Tap and Bad News are both spoofs and utterly brilliant. That Bros crap doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.
To be fair, it has gained a bit of cult status as unintentionally bad tv. If it was staged that is another matter, I assumed it was real.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

To be fair, it has gained a bit of cult status as unintentionally bad tv. If it was staged that is another matter, I assumed it was real.
Seriously bad in my opinion deliberately using their mum's death for the added sympathy vote. Truly fucking awful stuff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:35pm
Heston wrote:
25 May 2019, 9:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Seriously bad in my opinion deliberately using their mum's death for the added sympathy vote. Truly fucking awful stuff.
Well it was the car crash element I found fascinating, I was expecting it to be a run of the mill whitewashed doc but it was anything but.