Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 3:36pm
101Walterton wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 4:23pm
hairydot61 wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 5:59am
Hello
I know the second Stone Roses album met with a lot of distain from certain quarters but the debut was something to live upto, nevermind surpass!, I do have to turn this track up and bark along to it when its on and it does get the hairs on the back of my neck :
Stone Roses Tightrope from Second Coming.

"Are we etched in stone or just scratched in the sand
Waiting for the waves to come and reclaim the land?
Will the sunshine all sweetness and light
Burn us to a cinder, our third stone satellite?

I'm on a tightrope, baby, nine miles high
Striding through the clouds on my ribbon in the sky
I'm on a tightrope, baby, one thing I've found
I don't know how to stop
And it's a long, long, long, long way down

She's all that ever mattered and all that ever will
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill
The boats in the harbor slip from their chains
Head for new horizons, let's do the same

I don't know how to stop
And it's a tightrope, baby, nine miles high
I don't know how to stop
And it's a long, long, long, long way down"

Sublime for me anyway, ...reading the past messages and refering to Boston's More than a feeling, I thought it was placed really well in The Men that Stare at Goats, had to laugh.
Hardly a ‘moment’!!
There are some great tracks on Second Coming including Ten Storey Love Song. But you are correct debut is perfect so very hard to follow up.
I still maintain the La's debut album was better than the Stone Roses'. They never followed it up with a album either so even more weed.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Re: Sublime Moments.

Post by hairydot61 »

101Walterton wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 2:53pm
revbob wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 2:49pm
hairydot61 wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 2:44pm
South Korea 2 Germany 0
Is that the final score or does Germany still have a chance to pull out a TIE!
They are goneburger
Nice one ;) your emicons made me laugh hard :mrgreen:
That'll be 16 footballing nations rubbing their hands together thinking their chaces of winning have just gone up a notch ;)
To Mr Revbob, the only tie they can pull out now bud is the one to match their suit for the jouney home :mrgreen:
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
Hello
I know the second Stone Roses album met with a lot of distain from certain quarters but the debut was something to live upto, nevermind surpass!, I do have to turn this track up and bark along to it when its on and it does get the hairs on the back of my neck :

I don't know how to stop

I don't know how to stop
I don't know how to stop

Sublime for me anyway, ...reading the past messages and refering to Boston's More than a feeling, I thought it was placed really well in The Men that Stare at Goats, had to laugh.
Hardly a ‘moment’!!
There are some great tracks on Second Coming including Ten Storey Love Song. But you are correct debut is perfect so very hard to follow up.
I still maintain the La's debut album was better than the Stone Roses'. They never followed it up with a substandard album either so even more kudos.
I did seek out the La's to have a compare as I'm not overly familiar with it apart from the stellar single there she goes, I am obviously biased but my reasoning is, I find more melody and excitement in the Stone Roses album, it seems more political, more snotty and musically forward thinking, I find the La's album a bit 60's derivative, I think the Roses did use Northern Soul basslines courtesy of Mani (apparently) but I don't think that is obvious.
I can listen to the Roses album all the way through, including Elizabeth my dear, and it was produced by John Leckie who did another favourite of mine XTC, regarding the second album, personally I think even trying to produce a second album and failing to a degree deserves respect more than not producing a second one, those tightrope lyrics are poetry buddy, not to mention some of the other tracks on the album, we all have our favourites bud, its good that we can discuss it, cheers
I would also put I am the reserection in a top ten if I had to, you talk about sublime moments, the end part of that song when you think its over and the funky jazzy drumming and rubber band bass come slamming back in with that growling drone guitar ;) , Sublime?, I LOVE IT

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

hairydot61 wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 5:19pm
101Walterton wrote:
revbob wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
South Korea 2 Germany 0
They are goneburger
That'll be 16 footballing nations rubbing their hands together thinking their chaces of winning have just gone up a notch ;)
To Mr Revbob, the only tie they can pull out now bud is the one to match their suit for the jouney home :mrgreen:
I was just being a bit of a dick, I honestly don't care who wins or loses. Walked into a bar the other day with tons of screens filled with many Europeans. I got a beer, looked at the people enthralled with whatever games they were watching, downed my pint and left.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

revbob wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 5:49pm
hairydot61 wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
revbob wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
South Korea 2 Germany 0
They are goneburger
I was just being a bit of a dick, I honestly don't care who wins or loses. Walked into a bar the other day with tons of screens filled with many Europeans. I got a beer, looked at the people enthralled with whatever games they were watching, downed my pint and left.
Ah, RevBob, he knows what to do.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 6:02pm
revbob wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 5:49pm
hairydot61 wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
revbob wrote:

They are goneburger
Ah, RevBob, he knows what to do.
I love the fact that Rev seems to have absolute disdain for everything. I know he won't be like that in real life but it's a picture I like to keep in my mind.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

We all have our cross to bare Revbob, but when it comes to crosses, mines "on me ed son" :mrgreen:
Shouldn't you be considering your challenge or has Bruce Springsteen driven you to drink?
Don't forget to use The Force.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 5:40pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
Hello

I don't know how to stop

I don't know how to stop
I don't know how to stop

Hardly a ‘moment’!!
I still maintain the La's debut album was better than the Stone Roses'. They never followed it up with a substandard album either so even more kudos.
I did seek out the La's to have a compare as I'm not overly familiar with it apart from the stellar single there she goes, I am obviously biased but my reasoning is, I find more melody and excitement in the Stone Roses album, it seems more political, more snotty and musically forward thinking, I find the La's album a bit 60's derivative, I think the Roses did use Northern Soul basslines courtesy of Mani (apparently) but I don't think that is obvious.
I can listen to the Roses album all the way through, including Elizabeth my dear, and it was produced by John Leckie who did another favourite of mine XTC, regarding the second album, personally I think even trying to produce a second album and failing to a degree deserves respect more than not producing a second one, those tightrope lyrics are poetry buddy, not to mention some of the other tracks on the album, we all have our favourites bud, its good that we can discuss it, cheers
I would also put I am the reserection in a top ten if I had to, you talk about sublime moments, the end part of that song when you think its over and the funky jazzy drumming and rubber band bass come slamming back in with that growling drone guitar ;) , Sublime?, I LOVE IT
Personally I think they are both excellent debut albums. I can't really compare them even though they both have roots in the 60's. The La's are basically a Mersey beat group and the Stone Roses have echoes of psychedelia and Hendrix. The one thing about the Roses is some of their finest songs are B-sides "Mersey Paradise" "Standing Here" "All Across the Sands" and if you have the compilation album Turns Into Stone that makes a really great follow up to the debut. Lee Mavers on the other hand drove himself bonkers in search of the perfect sound just recording the majority of the same tracks over and over.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 5:02pm
101Walterton wrote:
revbob wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
South Korea 2 Germany 0
They are goneburger
They are kraut of it. I know I'm a terrible person. :disshame:
Is that where sour kraut comes from 😂

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 6:22pm
hairydot61 wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 5:40pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
hairydot61 wrote:
Hello

I don't know how to stop

I don't know how to stop
I don't know how to stop

Hardly a ‘moment’!!
Personally I think they are both excellent debut albums. I can't really compare them even though they both have roots in the 60's. The La's are basically a Mersey beat group and the Stone Roses have echoes of psychedelia and Hendrix. The one thing about the Roses is some of their finest songs are B-sides "Mersey Paradise" "Standing Here" "All Across the Sands" and if you have the compilation album Turns Into Stone that makes a really great follow up to the debut. Lee Mavers on the other hand drove himself bonkers in search of the perfect sound just recording the majority of the same tracks over and over.
I have it on marble vinyl it is a thing of Beauty in many ways.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

hairydot61 wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 6:09pm
We all have our cross to bare Revbob, but when it comes to crosses, mines "on me ed son" :mrgreen:
Shouldn't you be considering your challenge or has Bruce Springsteen driven you to drink?
I'm on my first real vacation in about 2 years why ruin it. I might not have one for another X many years. I don't count work travel as although I might have some fun or go somewhere interesting from time to time it is mostly work and mostly uninteresting.

To clarify my earlier statement the bar was full of Europeans and it was clear there would be no conversation had as everyone was fixated with the matches. Hence my somewhat hasty exit.

Heston I'm really not as bad as I might come across at times. Flex, Beaneater and Spiff can hopefully back me up on this. Uhh right guys. :shifty:

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

revbob wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 2:53pm
hairydot61 wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 6:09pm
I'm on my first real vacation in about 2 years why ruin it. I might not have one for another X many years. I don't count work travel as although I might have some fun or go somewhere interesting from time to time it is mostly work and mostly uninteresting.

To clarify my earlier statement the bar was full of Europeans and it was clear there would be no conversation had as everyone was fixated with the matches. Hence my somewhat hasty exit.

Heston I'm really not as bad as I might come across at times. Flex, Beaneater and Spiff can hopefully back me up on this. Uhh right guys. :shifty:
The bottom line is Revbo, just be yourself, no ones judging you, ...I love that feeling when you finish a long stretch of whatever your tied to, you know that no one is going to be bothering you and the word 'Freedom' for the duration of how ever long you have off, I get a physical feeling where the weight just drops through my body.
Enjoy your time off mate.
;)
It turns out I'm not working Tuesday so I can watch the Columbia game, yeah we lost against Belgium but we gave a reasonable account of ourselves, we have another match to play anyway, I personally wasn't dissapointed, we lost to a good goal, we 'curated' chances and didn't take them, Columbia look formidable, they took Poland apart, they have 2 ex Chelsea forwards scoring goals sooooo its gonaa be a tough one, shouldn't this be over in the world cup thread?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Streaming a load of pandora stations on shuffle. Much to my dismay Men at Work comes up :angry: and I quickly put an end to that, it was followed by Nick Cave doing "Up Jumped the Devil", and suddenly everything was right again. ;)

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
Streaming a load of pandora stations on shuffle. Much to my dismay Men at Work comes up :angry: and I quickly put an end to that, it was followed by Nick Cave doing "Up Jumped the Devil", and suddenly everything was right again. ;)
I thought Men At Work had a couple of reasonably decent singles. I cannot listen to Nick Cave's voice, it just leaves me cold.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 6:10pm
revbob wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
I thought Men At Work had a couple of reasonably decent singles. I cannot listen to Nick Cave's voice, it just leaves me cold.
"Who Can It Be Now" is great.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia