18 Nov 2017, 8:41pm
Kory wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 8:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 8:08pm
Kory wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 7:57pm

That seems about right, except that Morrissey > Springsteen
Without traumatizing the Springsteen fans—look away, look away now! read no further! upsetting words might be ahead!—this is true, at least on aesthetic grounds. Politically, Moz has been walking the Il Douchey line for quite some time now, whereas Springsteen is just a boring old fluffy liberal.

However, is Kory > Hoy? You've both got that weird pizza thing going, which really clouds everything to my superficial brain.
Maybe Kory = Hoy? Have you ever seen both of us in the same room?
Yes you both have ginger hair and were eating some strange pizza muffin. The only way I could tell which one was you Kory, was by your extremely dirty feet.
I'm going to overlook the foot comment because you just invented the pizza muffin for me. I'll be eternally grateful.
:lol: some gifts are just so magical.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

He really does force his fans into separating art from the artist …
Then, after Morrissey took a brief foray into suggesting that anyone who supports killing animals also would’ve supported the Holocaust (standard Morrissey talking points), the interviewer brought up the Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey scandals. Morrissey says that the whole thing has become “a play,” and that the definition of sexual harassment has become so broad that “every person on this planet is guilty.” Specifically, he says that the allegations against Kevin Spacey are “ridiculous,” saying that if he was 26 and alone in a bedroom with a 14-year-old boy, than the boys should’ve known what was going to happen. “When you are in somebody’s bedroom,” he says, “you have to be aware of where that can lead to.” Because of that, he thinks Spacey has been “unnecessarily attacked.” He also clarifies that he hates rape and sexual assault of all kinds, but he does believe that sometimes “the person referred to as a victim is merely disappointed.”
https://www.avclub.com/morrissey-has-so ... 574028/amp
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 9:15pm
Then, after Morrissey took a brief foray into suggesting that anyone who supports killing animals also would’ve supported the Holocaust (standard Morrissey talking points), the interviewer brought up the Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey scandals. Morrissey says that the whole thing has become “a play,” and that the definition of sexual harassment has become so broad that “every person on this planet is guilty.” Specifically, he says that the allegations against Kevin Spacey are “ridiculous,” saying that if he was 26 and alone in a bedroom with a 14-year-old boy, than the boys should’ve known what was going to happen. “When you are in somebody’s bedroom,” he says, “you have to be aware of where that can lead to.” Because of that, he thinks Spacey has been “unnecessarily attacked.” He also clarifies that he hates rape and sexual assault of all kinds, but he does believe that sometimes “the person referred to as a victim is merely disappointed.”
I think you are becoming his biggest fan. Come on now he's been talking crap for so long what do you expect. I have no idea how much of his own shit he believes but he obviously revels in being a twat.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 9:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I think you are becoming his biggest fan. Come on now he's been talking crap for so long what do you expect. I have no idea how much of his own shit he believes but he obviously revels in being a twat.
He's blaming victims for their own assault. Not hypothetical victims but actual victims. He's not being a provocateur or clever in riling up the oh-so-sensitive class. For someone who has made his reputation speaking for the bullied and victimized, he's demonstrating an ugly insensitivity by standing with the offenders.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Just as well he clarified that he hates rape and sexual assault of all kinds because for a minute there, I wasn't too sure.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 10:07pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He's blaming victims for their own assault. Not hypothetical victims but actual victims. He's not being a provocateur or clever in riling up the oh-so-sensitive class. For someone who has made his reputation speaking for the bullied and victimized, he's demonstrating an ugly insensitivity by standing with the offenders.
I know he is mate and it's vile. However it is Morrissey 2017 and he's had this ugly streak for sometime now. I'm not suggesting there is anything clever or provocative in some smart assed way but it seems he genuinely gets off being a controversial shit head. It's like Lydon where you get the sense that they feel they can get away with saying anything they like as if they are untouchable. I hate this kind of carp and it's totally disrespectful to a the real victims and to those that buy his records. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Morrissey himself turned out to be another Spacey.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 10:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 10:07pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I know he is mate and it's vile. However it is Morrissey 2017 and he's had this ugly streak for sometime now. I'm not suggesting there is anything clever or provocative in some smart assed way but it seems he genuinely gets off being a controversial shit head. It's like Lydon where you get the sense that they feel they can get away with saying anything they like as if they are untouchable. I hate this kind of carp and it's totally disrespectful to a the real victims and to those that buy his records. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Morrissey himself turned out to be another Spacey.
Given how many lyrics on the new album are about laps and what's between legs, it wouldn't be a shocker.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Just listening to Your Arsenal and wishing
a) Mick Ronson were still alive
b) I was famous enough to have him produce my album
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 12:21am
Given how many lyrics on the new album are about laps and what's between legs, it wouldn't be a shocker.
Does he still yammer on about being celibate and never finding love?

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'd love to hear the original interview rather than something that was translated into German and then back into English by some random user on morrissey-solo.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

oliver wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 10:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'd love to hear the original interview rather than something that was translated into German and then back into English by some random user on morrissey-solo.
Because you feel something is lost in translation or taken out of context? I will surprised if it is. He just loves to be controversial and it's not a good thing. This is only one of many interview in recent times where he comes across as a shit head.

I still like his music occasionally but I don't particularly like anything he has to say.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 12:46pm
oliver wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 10:12am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Because you feel something is lost in translation or taken out of context? I will surprised if it is. He just loves to be controversial and it's not a good thing. This is only one of many interview in recent times where he comes across as a shit head.

I still like his music occasionally but I don't particularly like anything he has to say.
I agree with you on this point. If you look at his interview history going back to the very beginning - it is filled with dumb comments made (in my opinion) to come controversial.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 7:38am
Kory wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 12:21am
Does he still yammer on about being celibate and never finding love?
Nah, he gave that up years ago. His autobiography was a pretty fun (and insane) read. He talks quite a bit about his love life. He mentioned that while dating a journalist a few years back (can't remember her name) that they briefly thought about having a child. THAT would have been oddly humorous/bizarre.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Kory wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 12:35am
Just listening to Your Arsenal and wishing
a) Mick Ronson were still alive
b) I was famous enough to have him produce my album
Agree and agree. Ronson SAVED Morrissey's career with that album. It just had a great sound. Moz has a bit of a streak going with producers dying after finishing his albums. I know Mick was ill before he started the album - and I don't think his death was a shock...but it was his last production. Jerry Finn (another producer I really liked) dropped dead right after he finished Years of Refusal.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

He also makes some ugly comments about multiculturalism, declaring Berlin to be the rape capital "because of open borders." Not all that unlike Trump's insinuations of Mexican rapists streaming across the Rio Grande.
I want THAT Germany is German. I want France to be French. If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture at the end of your meal. ALL European countries have fought for their identity for many, many years. And now they just throw it away. I think that's sad.
We all know when the last time that kind of talk about the corruption of purity was in vogue …