WestwayKid wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 10:13am
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 6:04am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 6:30pm
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 6:18pm

I really don’t know who still pays to see him in concert? People still buying into the Morrissey legend? He was massively important to me during my teenage years...but I won’t stand behind this. I think some of these fans would follow him off of a cliff. He’s a great example of how to destroy what was at one point a nearly unimpeachable legacy.
Yeah, that's where I am. If he keeled over today, I doubt I'd do more than shrug now. He's made the choice to endorse terrible, terrible people. His accomplishments remain, but he deserves to be shunned.
I just don't get what he thinks he can achieve with all the bullshit. Is he just being curmudgeonly for the sake of it or is there a point to anything. What exactly has he got to feel bitter about.
Part of me thinks this is just a really poorly conceived play to remain relevant. Being provocative has long been his thing: "Wow, did you hear what Morrissey said about the Queen?" and so on. I wonder if he's so desperate to remain relevant that he's willing to play these really horrible cards? He might not care if people think he's a grumpy old racist as long as they're still thinking about him. The thing is, however, is that he's not the star he once was. He's not a darling of the musical world anymore - he's just an aging rock star and he's clearly lost his edge for being clever. He doesn't seem to understand that there is a thin line between being provocative and being a bore and he's very much crossed it.
I agree with you mate. I believed for a while it was like a game to him where he was pushing his own boundaries. To see how far he could stretch his audience and their steadfast loyalty. He is very wealthy and I believe he feels he can do exactly what he likes without remorse.

He has become all I despise about human beings and wealth. I expect my dislike of him would please him. He is a very sad excuse of a man.
Most definitely. He seems to absolutely crave any sort of attention and when he doesn't get it - he invents it. It's really pathetic.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Kory »

At least he finally apologized to Robert Smith for the feud. Robert characteristically said that he hadn't really thought about it in decades.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 3:05pm
At least he finally apologized to Robert Smith for the feud. Robert characteristically said that he hadn't really thought about it in decades.
Boys don't cry apparently.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

For decades, the people of the world have asked, Is Morrissey just a dog on a chain? Finally, he answers that question.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrisse ... in-2579954
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 7:27am
For decades, the people of the world have asked, Is Morrissey just a dog on a chain? Finally, he answers that question.
If the rest of the album is as good as "Bobby Don't You Think They Know" I'll be very happy.

Seems like Thelma Houston really contributes as well - I didn't get that feeling on some of the California Son duets apart from the Billie-Joe Armstrong one.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

oliver wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 11:25am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 7:27am
If the rest of the album is as good as "Bobby Don't You Think They Know" I'll be very happy.

Seems like Thelma Houston really contributes as well - I didn't get that feeling on some of the California Son duets apart from the Billie-Joe Armstrong one.
I really like the single and I agree on Thelma's contribution. It feels like a true collaboration.

It's hard to be a Morrissey fan these days and it really pushes the whole "can I enjoy the art, but not the artist" question because I like his music.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 11:32am
It's hard to be a Morrissey fan these days and it really pushes the whole "can I enjoy the art, but not the artist" question because I like his music.
Don't worry, Kory's the only one I judge to be a monster for being a Morrissey fan.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 11:36am
WestwayKid wrote:
Don't worry, Kory's the only one I judge to be a monster for being a Morrissey fan.
I'll take it and add it to the Dave Sim and Woody Allen pile.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 1:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I shudder to think of what that covered portrait of you in the attic really looks like.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 2:01pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I shudder to think of what that covered portrait of you in the attic really looks like.
It's an abstract.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 2:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
It's an abstract.
But started as a Renaissance Christ.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 2:23pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's an abstract.
Renaissance baby Christ, or adult? Those baby ones are extremely jarring.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 4:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

It's an abstract.
Whichever is most fetchingly androgynous.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 5:30pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's an abstract.
I don't want to toot my own horn but I look great with a spear in my side.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 5:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 5:30pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

It's an abstract.
I don't want to toot my own horn but I look great with a spear in my side.