Music opinion/question of the week...

General music discussion.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Music opinion/question of the week...

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 6:56pm
WestwayKid wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 5:30pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 4:52pm
WestwayKid wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 2:52pm
https://burningairlines.com/

My sister and I used to pour over the Burning Airlines catalog back in the early 90's. The local record shop always had print copies that we'd take home and page through endlessly...
I used to own this. I'd ordered the old Mona Mohawk shirt from AT but they didnt have it so sent me this instead.
WS-Books11.jpg

The DK shirt reminded me of these books - all highly recommended!
One of these days I'll be picking up a print from WS' online store.
https://winstonsmith.com/
About 15 years or so ago I ordered a Mona Mohawk shirt via Winston's website. He included a nice piece of artwork that I have since misplaced and I dont know what happened to the shirt either. My wife sometimes throws out clothes she seems unfit for me to wear because of holes or tatters. I found my old Alternative Tentacles shirt from like 25 years ago in the bin next to the dryer where we toss out the dryer lint and laundry soap boxes about 5 years ago. I reclaimed it.
20190107_180820.jpg
I also do most of the laundry now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 7:13pm
About 15 years or so ago I ordered a Mona Mohawk shirt via Winston's website. He included a nice piece of artwork that I have since misplaced and I dont know what happened to the shirt either. My wife sometimes throws out clothes she seems unfit for me to wear because of holes or tatters. I found my old Alternative Tentacles shirt from like 25 years ago in the bin next to the dryer where we toss out the dryer lint and laundry soap boxes about 5 years ago. I reclaimed it. 20190107_180820.jpg
I have that in burgundy.
The Boss insists on doing the laundry. Which is odd because I've never fucked it up. There are some domestic chores that she's just decided I fall short with no evidence.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 5:36pm
Kory wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 4:36pm
I wear concert shirts under cardigans. I'm the coolest.
Good lord, we dress the same. :scared: My usual outfit for teaching is Chucks, jeans, a t-shirt, and a cardigan (or a plaid shirt). My joke is that I'm usually dressed worse than 3/4's of my students.
Nothing wrong with cardigans, i think they're classy. I stopped wearing jeans years ago. i was thinking about returning, but I'm not sure if I'll be very comfortable in them anymore. My bandmate Astra says I dress like a dad.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 8:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Good lord, we dress the same. :scared: My usual outfit for teaching is Chucks, jeans, a t-shirt, and a cardigan (or a plaid shirt). My joke is that I'm usually dressed worse than 3/4's of my students.
Nothing wrong with cardigans, i think they're classy. I stopped wearing jeans years ago. i was thinking about returning, but I'm not sure if I'll be very comfortable in them anymore. My bandmate Astra says I dress like a dad.
You both dress like David Cross c. 1996.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JoseUnidos wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 5:54pm
Other than a Goo-era Sonic Youth t-shirt that I've almost worn to death and just can't part with (it's been in my shirt drawer, unworn, for probably 15 yrs) I don't have any more concert tees. I used to wear them until they fell apart or I got too fat for.
I stopped buying concert tees several years ago when the quality started to really go downhill. It seemed like whenever I bought one it would be in tatters before I knew it.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 8:16pm
Kory wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 8:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
You both dress like David Cross c. 1996.
Such an observation has been made by others, yes. :meh:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Silent Majority wrote:
Wearing this as I type. Got a real cool pair of t-shirts for Run Dmc and Motorhead just this month and wanna order a retro Madness and Beastie Boys ones.
I wore mine yesterday (and Saturday too, for that matter)! Whenever I wear a Ramones tee - my daughter always asks who they are! "Daddy, who's Dee Dee?" :mrgreen:

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

WestwayKid wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 8:21pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Wearing this as I type. Got a real cool pair of t-shirts for Run Dmc and Motorhead just this month and wanna order a retro Madness and Beastie Boys ones.
I wore mine yesterday (and Saturday too, for that matter)! Whenever I wear a Ramones tee - my daughter always asks who they are! "Daddy, who's Dee Dee?" :mrgreen:
No harm to the dude, or the era he played in, but any Ramones t-shirt with CJ on it is interesting but kind of worthless aesthetically.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 8:24pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
No harm to the dude, or the era he played in, but any Ramones t-shirt with CJ on it is interesting but kind of worthless aesthetically.
I was literally just thinking about that! ...even did a Google search! The only time I saw them live it was the Joey, Johnny, Marky, CJ version. I did not buy a tee, but if I did - it would have been a cool/interesting reminder of seeing that show...but you just can't beat the original 4 as far as t-shirts go. I wonder if you could score a Johnny, Joey, Dee Dee, Richie shirt!!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
Until you just said that, I didn't realize the deep reservoir of need I have for a JOEY JOHNNY DEE DEE ELVIS "era" shirt.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

WestwayKid wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 8:28pm
Silent Majority wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I was literally just thinking about that! ...even did a Google search! The only time I saw them live it was the Joey, Johnny, Marky, CJ version. I did not buy a tee, but if I did - it would have been a cool/interesting reminder of seeing that show...but you just can't beat the original 4 as far as t-shirts go. I wonder if you could score a Johnny, Joey, Dee Dee, Richie shirt!!
Whoever's name is on the t-shirt, we can rest assured that Richie will never see a dime from it.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 8:29pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Until you just said that, I didn't realize the deep reservoir of need I have for a JOEY JOHNNY DEE DEE ELVIS "era" shirt.
https://thehardtimes.net/music/ramones- ... t-t-shirt/

Funny article...but they apparently don't know there Ramones drummer history very well! Richie is listed as their 2nd drummer (he was their 3rd) and Elvis is mentioned as their 3rd and final - he was neither.
Last edited by WestwayKid on 07 Jan 2019, 8:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Flex wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 8:29pm
Silent Majority wrote:
While the profiteers may not have got that on the table for Clem's 1 (?) show, I have seen that some wag has made a surviving Ramones shirt that reads

ELVIS RICHIE CJ MARKY.

Ironic that for a band that could sometimes shy away from looking forward musically that they're now a drum and bass outfit.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Years ago, our own ex-death pool list major domo Spiff bought me this because he's the solidest of dudes:

(Note: That ain't me in the picture. Among other things, I don't smile for photos.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 7:34pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 7:13pm
About 15 years or so ago I ordered a Mona Mohawk shirt via Winston's website. He included a nice piece of artwork that I have since misplaced and I dont know what happened to the shirt either. My wife sometimes throws out clothes she seems unfit for me to wear because of holes or tatters. I found my old Alternative Tentacles shirt from like 25 years ago in the bin next to the dryer where we toss out the dryer lint and laundry soap boxes about 5 years ago. I reclaimed it. 20190107_180820.jpg
I have that in burgundy.
The Boss insists on doing the laundry. Which is odd because I've never fucked it up. There are some domestic chores that she's just decided I fall short with no evidence.
I worked fucked up shifts for years which meant I was home a lot when nobody else was so I ended up doing a lot of chores and then kept doing them.