28 Oct 2021, 1:12pm
Kory wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 7:20pm
revbob wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 7:00pm

Im not the only one dreaming work.
You guys are seriously fucked up. My dreams never relate to work. My private life fuels my confusion.
I get the sense you actually like your job though. Mine is fine but I'd still much rather be completely free.
This is the first job I'd say I get personal satisfaction from, but my dreams have never been work related. (Last night I was driving around with Brad Pitt for some reason, and my small talk was telling him movies he was in that I didn't like. Dude was good-natured about it all, so props to dream Pitt.)
I had Obama in a dream once...I think. I cant recall any other "well known" people who were in my dreams.
Did he admit to Benghazi?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: I remeber Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 8:21pm
revbob wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 7:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 7:20pm

You guys are seriously fucked up. My dreams never relate to work. My private life fuels my confusion.
I get the sense you actually like your job though. Mine is fine but I'd still much rather be completely free.
This is the first job I'd say I get personal satisfaction from, but my dreams have never been work related. (Last night I was driving around with Brad Pitt for some reason, and my small talk was telling him movies he was in that I didn't like. Dude was good-natured about it all, so props to dream Pitt.)
I had Obama in a dream once...I think. I cant recall any other "well known" people who were in my dreams.
He blamed it all on Hillary.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 9:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 8:21pm
revbob wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 7:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

He blamed it all on Hillary.
Of course! Lindsay Graham was right all along!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 6:20pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 6:16pm
Do people still hand out big wax lips for Halloween? Or those 5-packs of wax vials full of colored sugar water? Both were pretty useless as candy, but I remember a certain curiosity factor with the sugar water. They seem kinda dated, so kids today would probably see them as grandpa candy. I always liked candy cigarettes though. Ah, the 80s. There was the slim sugar-stick variety, but I preferred the bubble gum kind in basically a cigarette paper, with the powder that you could puff out to make a cloud of “smoke”. The latter really taught kids the joy of puffing out a cloud of smoke. Now I’m kinda jonesing for a bubble gum cigarette.
Candy cigarettes were such a fucked up invention.
Totally. We used to roll the packs up in our t-shirt sleeves like little greasers while we pretended to do repairs to our bicycles in the garage.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 4:10pm
revbob wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Do people still hand out big wax lips for Halloween? Or those 5-packs of wax vials full of colored sugar water? Both were pretty useless as candy, but I remember a certain curiosity factor with the sugar water. They seem kinda dated, so kids today would probably see them as grandpa candy. I always liked candy cigarettes though. Ah, the 80s. There was the slim sugar-stick variety, but I preferred the bubble gum kind in basically a cigarette paper, with the powder that you could puff out to make a cloud of “smoke”. The latter really taught kids the joy of puffing out a cloud of smoke. Now I’m kinda jonesing for a bubble gum cigarette.
Totally. We used to roll the packs up in our t-shirt sleeves like little greasers while we pretended to do repairs to our bicycles in the garage.
All too common.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
There were also black liquorice cigars and pipes, with little bits of red candy on the end to make it seem like they were lit.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 5:31pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
There were also black liquorice cigars and pipes, with little bits of red candy on the end to make it seem like they were lit.
Jeez. I don't remember those things. I picture some little kid with a licorice cigar dangling out of the corner of his mouth while pretending to manage a bowling alley.

I guess Big League Chew falls into the same category. Someone gave me a bag of Big League Chew a few years ago. Hadn't had it since I was a kid, but damn, that was some good bubble gum. Much better than the old hard bazooka bricks.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 5:48pm
I guess Big League Chew falls into the same category. Someone gave me a bag of Big League Chew a few years ago. Hadn't had it since I was a kid, but damn, that was some good bubble gum. Much better than the old hard bazooka bricks.
Fun fact: BLC was invented by former Yankees pitcher and baseball exposé writer Jim Bouton.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 5:53pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Fun fact: BLC was invented by former Yankees pitcher and baseball exposé writer Jim Bouton.
Then there was this stuff, in a similar pouch. It tasted as awful as it sounds.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 6:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 5:53pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Then there was this stuff, in a similar pouch. It tasted as awful as it sounds.

Never seen that, but I bought Popeye a few times:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Fun fact: my stepbro was going to use that for his first dance at his wedding but my buzzkill stepmom talked them out of it.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 7:43am
Fun fact: my stepbro was going to use that for his first dance at his wedding but my buzzkill stepmom talked them out of it.
Did you get "Johnny 99" for yours?