I remeber Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General music discussion.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: I remeber Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 7:43am
Fun fact: my stepbro was going to use that for his first dance at his wedding but my buzzkill stepmom talked them out of it.
Booo, that would have been really cool.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 7:52am
matedog wrote:
Fun fact: my stepbro was going to use that for his first dance at his wedding but my buzzkill stepmom talked them out of it.
Did you get "Johnny 99" for yours?
That is one of the jauntier Nebraska tunes.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 9:26am
matedog wrote:
She thought they would have regretted it. They got married 15 years ago and still regret NOT doing it.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Bootsy's version mentioned in the article:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXLWmyb84EI

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 11:47am
revbob wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 9:26am
matedog wrote:
She thought they would have regretted it. They got married 15 years ago and still regret NOT doing it.
Rule of thumb re. weddings: Don't listen to others on what to do/not to do. It's your fucking day, let it reflect your personalities.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Steady rain here since yesterday afternoon is sure to out a damper on kids doing the ToT.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 1:52pm
Steady rain here since yesterday afternoon is sure to out a damper on kids doing the ToT.
Same here. We don't get many kids anyway, so between rain and covid, we took a chance and didn't buy candy this year.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

We were excited to finally live somewhere where we can get some trick or treaters but I'm informed by my neighbors thst our small stretch of houses often gets 0 kids, despite it being absolutely jammed in other parts of the neighborhood. The high today is supposed to be 45 so will be quite chilly by trick or treating go time. As a result were not expecting anyone tonight bit have a bowl of candy just in case.

We've already told the neighbors to expect our little guy next year, which will be fun.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 2:02pm
revbob wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 1:52pm
Same here. We don't get many kids anyway, so between rain and covid, we took a chance and didn't buy candy this year.
We normally get a good amount. Last year was obviously muted from covid. We'll see what happens. I feel like we're a neighborhood in transition from high schoolers to toddlers not much in between.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

matedog

Post by matedog »

My street is adjacent to a major thoroughfare but has a huge drop a little after our house so it doesn’t get a lot of traction.

I’ve been doing seven years and two houses of full size candy bars and have yet to become “that house” that legends are made of.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 4:06pm
My street is adjacent to a major thoroughfare but has a huge drop a little after our house so it doesn’t get a lot of traction.

I’ve been doing seven years and two houses of full size candy bars and have yet to become “that house” that legends are made of.
You're that super cool indie band that's ten years too early.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

We generally have a very low turnout, skipped last year because of COVID. Since we've always had a low turnout and I'm not 100% sure I want to have face time with a bunch of strangers, we're not handing out candy this year again.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 4:06pm

You need to stop blasting Springsteen it scares the little ones. And likely more than a few parents as well.