Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:12pm
Heston wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:08pm
101Walterton wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 3:17pm
‘4am in the morning’ - Moonlight Shadow

Well it isn’t going to be 4am in the afternoon!!!!
:mrgreen:

"He could preach the bible like a preacher"

From the otherwise perfect "Rasputin" by Boney M.
Well it could be "He could preach the bible like a drunk".
They probably should have used "teach" instead of "preach." But I can forgive them anything for that bass line.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: The Crap Lyric Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:20pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:12pm
Heston wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:08pm
101Walterton wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 3:17pm
‘4am in the morning’ - Moonlight Shadow

Well it isn’t going to be 4am in the afternoon!!!!
:mrgreen:

"He could preach the bible like a preacher"

From the otherwise perfect "Rasputin" by Boney M.
Well it could be "He could preach the bible like a drunk".
They probably should have used "teach" instead of "preach." But I can forgive them anything for that bass line.
Yep that's a cool bass line.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

C1ashCityRockr
Dirty Punk

Post by C1ashCityRockr »

WestwayKid wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 8:21am
I heard "Horse with No Name" by America this morning while pumping gas (I always hear the worst songs at the gas station). Man...that song has some AWFUL lyrics. There were plants and birds and rocks and things? 'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain?
I wish I could have gotten into Neil Young, but for everything about him that should appeal to me, there seems to be something else accompanying it that makes me cringe a little.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

C1ashCityRockr wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:31pm
WestwayKid wrote:
I heard "Horse with No Name" by America this morning while pumping gas (I always hear the worst songs at the gas station). Man...that song has some AWFUL lyrics. There were plants and birds and rocks and things? 'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain?
I wish I could have gotten into Neil Young, but for everything about him that should appeal to me, there seems to be something else accompanying it that makes me cringe a little.
I hate Neil Young and got chastised on here for saying "Rocking in the Free World" was a pile of shit.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:36pm
C1ashCityRockr wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I hate Neil Young and got chastised on here for saying "Rocking in the Free World" was a pile of shit.
Man, I hope I got in on that horsewhipping at the time. I'm not a NY fan, but that song is balls.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
C1ashCityRockr wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I also don't like him.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:56pm
Heston wrote:
C1ashCityRockr wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I also don't like him.
Ok, maybe I was just chastised by Flex.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Talking of Neil Young - Out Of The Bllue:

The king is gone but he's not forgotten
This is the story of a Johnny Rotten

Shit song shit lyrics.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

MKTO - American Dream.
You could take your pick but the line where he sings," cause Jack left Diane 30 years ago" makes me want to smash the radio.
It isn't just the words it is the way he delivers them, as if to say this is such a brilliant lyric I am going to emphasise it as much as possible!!!!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:58pm
Kory wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:56pm
Heston wrote:
C1ashCityRockr wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I also don't like him.
Ok, maybe I was just chastised by Flex.
I'm a fan so maybe I joined the The Holy Mission of Guru Flex. "Rocking in the Free World" is a bit on the meh side though.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

101Walterton wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 8:15pm
MKTO - American Dream.
You could take your pick but the line where he sings," cause Jack left Diane 30 years ago" makes me want to smash the radio.
It isn't just the words it is the way he delivers them, as if to say this is such a brilliant lyric I am going to emphasise it as much as possible!!!!!
Who?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 9:41am
101Walterton wrote:
MKTO - American Dream.
Who?

I've never heard of them. Boy are they crap.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 2:06pm
JennyB wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
MKTO - American Dream.
Who?

Indeed.
Got a Rake? Sure!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 2:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
MKTO - American Dream.
Who?

Indeed.
Have you guys seriously not heard that song before? For a while it was the only song they played on the radio!!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

101Walterton wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 2:46pm
JennyB wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 2:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
JennyB wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
MKTO - American Dream.
Who?

Indeed.
Have you guys seriously not heard that song before? For a while it was the only song they played on the radio!!
All i listen to these days is Volume on Sirius/XM (where a bunch of nerds talk about music), First Wave on SXM or music from my phone. My kid listens to what I listen to - he doesn't have any interest in popular music. The last (and really only) popular song he liked was that Shut Up And Dance song. He likes the Violent Femmes and the Ramones.
Got a Rake? Sure!